Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

Default Rocky Trappers Picnic

Well I'll tell you the Rocky Trappers outdid themselves again! there was a great turnout and lots of stories (all true of course). Breakfast and hotdogs available during the day WOW! This crew knows how to put on a "Rendezvous"! The meal Chef Lonnie and his assistants put out was phenomenal. Prime Rib and Deep Fried Turkey...the gals brought a pot luck of salads and deserts which were fantastic. I had to lie when I lined up at the desert table and said I was taking a plate for the whole table I was at...LOL. The silent and live auctions were stocked with some pretty darn nice items and Dave Cadrain had to hone his auctioneering skills with a bit of rum to liven things up.

There was representation from other clubs...the South Country Trappers had Don Scott, Rod Graham and his family (they travelled a long way), Whitecourt, Buffalo Lake, Sundre and of course lots from Rocky. I was suprised that none of the ATA executive were there.

A great big thanks to the Bott family who allow the function to be on their picture perfect campground. Lots of things for the kids to do there as well.

A great time was had by all and I don't see how you could put on a better function next year but I know you will and I will be there!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsmen101 View Post
I was surprised that none of the ATA executive were there.
I'm not!Sorry...I couldn't help mahself!!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Sounds like a good time !!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
I'm not!Sorry...I couldn't help mahself!!
Well, in fairness, they are all volunteers. I imagine it would be pretty hard to be everywhere on your own dime.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

It is probably getting to the point where the RMR is a real hard act to follow, but knowing their people, it will be even better next year.
If there could be a guarantee, that the same people would be in attendance next year, I will guarantee my being there, if permitted, as well as additional members from our local.. at which time it would be nice to meet up with our new friends from South C Trappers..
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post
Well, in fairness, they are all volunteers. I imagine it would be pretty hard to be everywhere on your own dime.
I realize that! However, the Rocky Picnic is apparently one of the biggest trapping events of the year, attended by a lot of trappers from a lot of locals. Might have been a good opportunity to do a little "campaigning", so to speak, for the upcoming ATA elections! Just my opinion.
On another note, I am curious as to what the attendance was and how much money was raised. It also fell on the last weekend of the Stampede. Ours fell on the first weekend and several folks did not attend for that reason.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!