Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 AM

Default N s r report. 23.06.13

Decided to Chek out the n s r this evening. It was very high. Could not believe how high the water had come up. So checked out a creek a trib to the n s r. It was flooded looked like the amazon but fished it anyways. When we got sob there a bunch of kids having a fire enjoying the sight. This spot we landed two suckers and two big goldeye one being my biggest of the year so far. After fishing there loosing to many fish. Decided to Chek herm out and could believe that herm trout pond is now flooded. The n s r has flooded into herm probably bring suckers walleye pike ect into herm. And some trout obviously are now swimming in the n s r. Which these stocked bows are not native to the n s r so that kinda sux. At herm just suckers and burbot, the 6 pelicans that were there were doing very well. Cheers. Post pics tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:02 AM
Banned

on sat. we were having a great time watching the pelicans catch some big suckers that were surfacing to clean their gills. only ones catching fish that day.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 AM

I took a drive by Herm yesterday and saw the flooded ponds. Did the river actually flow over the bank, or did it just push the water table up?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I took a drive by Herm yesterday and saw the flooded ponds. Did the river actually flow over the bank, or did it just push the water table up?
River flowed over is banks, all river water. Now there's probably a couple sturgeon stuck in herm >~<
Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 AM

was hermitage stocked?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRfishing View Post
was hermitage stocked?
Yes it was