Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSMLEO View Post
Actually No is correct, please provide anything to state that distracted driving will carry equal suspensions as impaired driving in Alberta.

All I can find is effective January 1, 2016 the fine for distracted driving is $ 287.00 with a 3 demerit point deduction on your licence.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Suspended User

I'm afraid to comment on this subject. I get threats of banning for pointing out the obvious mental health problems showing.
But what the heck. Some people need to talk to someone for help. So tired of the symptoms being ignored. I see how the numbers of untreated mentally I'll are growing.

Don't consume impairing substances and drive. That's the biggest step, but remember impaired can be for many reasons, even exhaustion and starvation. Its been almost 3 months since I drove because of a concussion, because I KNOW I'm not thinking clearly.
Think before you drive. Some of you should do that before hitting reply too.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Actually No is correct, please provide anything to state that distracted driving will carry equal suspensions as impaired driving in Alberta.

All I can find is effective January 1, 2016 the fine for distracted driving is $ 287.00 with a 3 demerit point deduction on your licence.
The point being is you’ve stated that it would “never happen” as if it’s outside the realm of possibility. I think you’ll find that many provinces have already instituted such laws and provinces often follow each other’s leads. In BC there are mandatory seizures for speeding I believe 40 or more over the limit as well FYI. That being said I think it’s excessive and unwarranted and I hope it doesn’t happen in Alberta.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=WSMLEO;3896256]The point being is you’ve stated that it would “never happen” as if it’s outside the realm of possibility. I think you’ll find that many provinces have already instituted such laws and provinces often follow each other’s leads. In BC there are mandatory seizures for speeding I believe 40 or more over the limit as well FYI. That being said I think it’s excessive and unwarranted and I hope it doesn’t happen in Alberta.[/QUOTE]

So, if you feel seizing a vehicle for distracted driving is excessive, I must assume then you feel the same way about impaired driving then... We already can agree impaired driving has been on a steady decline, where distracted driving causing death is out of control and will only get worse. I rest my case, thank you.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
I'm afraid to comment on this subject. I get threats of banning for pointing out the obvious mental health problems showing.
But what the heck. Some people need to talk to someone for help. So tired of the symptoms being ignored. I see how the numbers of untreated mentally I'll are growing.

Don't consume impairing substances and drive. That's the biggest step, but remember impaired can be for many reasons, even exhaustion and starvation. Its been almost 3 months since I drove because of a concussion, because I KNOW I'm not thinking clearly.
Very true, i was charged for impaired driving. Type 1 diabetic. Insulin. I fortunately was not convicted, but was out of it with low blood sugar. Im thankful i was stopped. I could killed someone.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post

Man you had me on your side for 99% of your post until the very last comment...you throw out a jab.....oh well

Coming home last night there was flashing lights and yup a check stop
Casual conversation, thanks them and off I went....told them to keep it up because there are a few idiots out there who need to be removed from our roads....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...