Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Default Where to sight in my rifle around Brooks

Heading out to Brooks this weekend to visit some friends. Just wondering if there is some land I can go to and sight in my 308. I have done some shooting with the 22 before on the irrigation district land. Must be a place where the locals go. Like a gravel pit or someplace with a good back stop. Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
Heading out to Brooks this weekend to visit some friends. Just wondering if there is some land I can go to and sight in my 308. I have done some shooting with the 22 before on the irrigation district land. Must be a place where the locals go. Like a gravel pit or someplace with a good back stop. Thanks
Buy a membership in our fish and game association and can use our great range.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM

I would love to join a have accsess to a range but I live in Airdrie. It's a bit of a drive to Brooks to go shooting for a couple of hours. They are working on getting a range around here but I might be more worried about my " Depends" then my gun by the time they get through all the red tape.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 PM

the membership in the fish and game will have other benefits as well! Besides, each time you come down to visit friends, you'll have a safe place to shoot with out getting run off the land. $50 membership that gives you access to a gun range is a pretty spanking good deal !!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 AM

$50! Who do I see about a membership. Is the range limited as to what caliber you can shoot? Can barely use the indoor ranges in cow town for $50.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 AM

I wonder how long it will be before we see a thread about the Brooks range trying to restrict membership to keep the out-of-towners from taking over.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
I wonder how long it will be before we see a thread about the Brooks range trying to restrict membership to keep the out-of-towners from taking over.

ARG
If I came out there it would be once maybe twice a year. I'm not a threat to your range, trust me. I have some friends who live in Brooks which we visit a couple of time a year. Brooks is a bit to far to drive from Airdrie to go shoot for a couple of hours. This Province is a little short on gun ranges. There are other threats, like people who don't like guns and gun noise.