Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Default Super deal at WSS

Was in the city (saskatoon) today, stopped at Cabelas looking for some ammo. They had next to nothing for lead so I went over to WSS.
Most of the shotshells didn't have prices so I talked to the guy at the gun counter to check prices, and if its cheaper for a flat. Got to talking told him Cabelas was cheaper on the flat so he knocked $3/box off the steel and $5 off the lead. Saved $80 on two flats, ended up way cheaper than Cabelas.

I didn't notice when they rang in the flat, the gal only charged me the for one box of the lead, so a buy one get nine free deal haha. Unfortunately that deal is only temporary as I will phone and pay for the rest tomorrow, but I'm sure karma will pay me the $100 back.

Was really surprised they were so ready to deal, really competing with Cabelas. Nice to see for sure, thought I'd share a positive WSS story, since I'm pretty hard on their crummy mail order.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM

Tons of ducks etc in Saskatchewan. Was in this past summer and they have many skids of shot shells.... maybe they have better purchasing power as they must have more waterfowl hunters. Not so much for big game ammo though..lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Was in the city (saskatoon) today, stopped at Cabelas looking for some ammo. They had next to nothing for lead so I went over to WSS.
Most of the shotshells didn't have prices so I talked to the guy at the gun counter to check prices, and if its cheaper for a flat. Got to talking told him Cabelas was cheaper on the flat so he knocked $3/box off the steel and $5 off the lead. Saved $80 on two flats, ended up way cheaper than Cabelas.

I didn't notice when they rang in the flat, the gal only charged me the for one box of the lead, so a buy one get nine free deal haha. Unfortunately that deal is only temporary as I will phone and pay for the rest tomorrow, but I'm sure karma will pay me the $100 back.

Was really surprised they were so ready to deal, really competing with Cabelas. Nice to see for sure, thought I'd share a positive WSS story, since I'm pretty hard on their crummy mail order.
I was there at the weekend as well. Bought a flat of shotgun shells and a couple of boxes of clays. I also experienced superior customer service at the gun counter when looking for some items.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 AM

Calgary store had Tasco gamecams on sale for $40. Not sure how good they are but for $40 if it takes pictures can't be that bad.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
Calgary store had Tasco gamecams on sale for $40. Not sure how good they are but for $40 if it takes pictures can't be that bad.
Just hung mine yesterday.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
Just hung mine yesterday.
i did same see what they got next wkend,put 2 of them out. range only 30 ft and it says dont take a pic after first for another 30 seconds so not sure about that,animal walking down trail probably only get one pic so hope its smilling at cam. lol
Old 09-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Anyone get any pics yet? It is killing me but am not going to be able to make it out until next week.