Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Default hope Lake by Boyle????

I would like to know if there is any fish in hope lake , by Boyle. Any info would be nice
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 AM

I have been there.. I have seen people fishing.. I have heard some people catch fish.. I have never caught any there.. but usually we are there to quad not fish. It is a pretty little lake but usually a good family type environment. They lady that ran it in the past put up with nothing.. LOL.. she was kind of funny. I have not been there in about 2 years? may have changed now.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Small pike and perch
Old 06-29-2016, 01:02 AM

Super bump!

Any updates or info on this lake? Or should head to Skeleton or north buck?

Will be going for the long weekend as SIL booked some campsites there and looking for info/experiences. Never been in the area and wondering about the fishing, sounds like perch mostly? Any tips or spots on the lake would be great or PM's accepted too
Ill be bringing the smaller alum with trolling motor as not hauling the bigger one that far for 2 days, just looking to cut down on fish hunting time and keep the kids busy for a while.

Cheers and thx!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:12 AM

Smaller pike n perch ...special pike regs on the lakelimit is one pike under 63 cm or over 100 cm ....
Old 06-29-2016, 08:18 AM

great beach for the kids clean sand clear water. fishing is small pike and perch but lots of them. Fun for the family, great quad trails out the east end.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:32 AM

Small lake, used to be a speed limit in the lake but I have not been for several years so not sure if it is still in place.

small bay on opposite side of the lake from launch used to be good for lots of small pike.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:08 PM

great thx for the info, so will be bobber fishing with worms more than likely. Haven't purposely fished for perch in a long time so should be interesting, hope to have some success.
will be letting them all go, maybe keep a couple to eat while there if there any size to them. most of you guys say small, what are we talking?
Old 06-29-2016, 05:42 PM

Get yourself some maggots and tiny jigs the perch there love that
Old 06-30-2016, 11:43 PM

Fished hope in the late 80's and early 90's. Perch from 9-11 inches were common with a few 12" and bigger.

Tried this winter and could net get one above 6". Pike are small as well. Had the Marcum down and didn't see anything big.
Fun for the kids.

North buck will be a better bet, but gets heavy pressure all winter.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:49 PM

Update for anyone else thinking of going, caught enough pike to keep me busy about one every 10-15min mostly trolling spoons and jigs in 12ft of water tried to stay just outside weedline. Maybe 3lbs was the biggest, the perch must be small is they are good worm stealers and couldn't seem to hook up with a 1/32jig. Marked quite a few suspended in the weeds.
Never got to the spot across the lake that was mentioned as well as talking to another fella on the water. Deepest I found was 35ft, seems its bowl shaped with sandy bottom.
Lake is very clear/clean, campsites are nice but super close together so make sure ya like neighbors! beach is great for the kids and water was fairly warm too. would go back if in the area but wouldn't make a special trip.
Things didnt care for were the quad trials 75yrds from the tent and people going by at 1am and the group of 10 or so that thought it was fun to wash there quads in the lake across from the launch for over an hour ripping it up seeing who could make the biggest wake and splash.