Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2018, 02:04 PM

Default A good catch by the RCMP

MAIDSTONE RCMP NEWS RELEASE:
The Maidstone RCMP with the assistance of the “F” Division Crime Reduction Team and surrounding RCMP Detachments executed two Controlled Drug and Substances Act search warrants over the past week.
On March 21, the first warrant was executed at a residence in Maidstone, Saskatchewan. This warrant was in relation to a drug investigation on March 16 where Maidstone RCMP responded to the sudden deaths of two males, aged 31 and 41. This investigation is ongoing and no charges have been laid at this time.
On March 24, the Maidstone RCMP executed a second search warrant at a residence in Lashburn, Saskatchewan. Police located and seized weapons, drugs and cash during the search (photo attached).
31-year-old Frank Brendle of Lashburn, Saskatchewan has been charged with:
• 3 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (Cannabis, Cocaine, and Methamphetamine), Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• 2 counts of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon, Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code
• 1 count of Improper Storage of Firearms, Section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
• 1 count of Possession of Firearms Without a License, Section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
• 1 count of Possession of a Firearm with an Altered Serial Number, Section 108(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
• 1 count of Fail to Comply with Justice’s Recognizance, Section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
Brendle has been remanded to appear in Saskatchewan Provincial Court in Lloydminster on March 26, 2018.
The RCMP continues to warn the public of the dangers of consuming illicit drugs from unregulated sources. Street drugs are often represented as one thing but can unknowingly contain other substances such as fentanyl. This particular drug may still be circulating in Saskatchewan. Contact should be completely avoided and police should be notified.

If any member of the public has illicit drugs they are concerned may contain fentanyl or carfentanil they should leave the area and immediately call 911. Do not handle or touch them. Do not bring them to your local RCMP Detachment. After calling 911, the appropriate resources will be deployed.

Fentanyl, carfentanil and other illicit opioids continue to be a top priority for the RCMP. We are collaborating with our domestic and international law enforcement partners to actively address this issue by pursuing criminal networks fueling this public health threat.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-26-2018, 02:19 PM

Good job getting some of that poison of the streets, looks like the prohib's were knuckle dusters

Old 03-26-2018, 02:36 PM

I have seen some ugly guns in my time, but those things take the cake
Old 03-26-2018, 03:01 PM

Bad news is, he's probably back on the street.

Grizz
Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
I have seen some ugly guns in my time, but those things take the cake
Ya no kidding. What I was focused on too ..... should charge them with 2 counts of fugly gun
Old 03-27-2018, 07:59 AM

Too bad they cant be charged with some sort of manslaughter charges as well.
If they are killing their customers.......just an idea.