Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Default Elinor Lake

ELINOR LAKE, Alberta, Looking for Info
I was planning on going to Elinor lake Alberta this year but heard from a friend that there is nowhere to park your truck and trailer after you launch your boat. The boat launch is at the end of a gravel road, just enough room to turn around and drive out. Has anyone been that can help me out? I don't want to drive all that way for nothing.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM

I am not sure as I have never fished Elinor but there is no reason to drive that way for nothing. Just go check it out and if no public access then head over to Pinehurst or one of the other lakes in the area.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned

You might want to contact Lake Elinor Resort. Not sure if they allow launches, but here is their website.

http://elinorlakeresort.com/
Old 05-16-2018, 06:42 PM

Your right there isn’t much room to park your boat/trailer. You drive down a hill about 200yatds and at the bottom there is a turn around. There is room for a few trucks/trailers at the bottom but only 2 or 3. Like the others were saying pinehurst is only 10 mins down the road if for some reason Elinor doesn’t work out. I’ve been 5 or 6 times and haven’t had an issue parking.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 PM

And the resort doesn’t have anything to do with the public launch as far as I know. They rent cabins and operate the store. Cabins are basic but good! They are year round and operate the store year round to some extent
Old 05-19-2018, 07:51 AM

Great, thanks for the info guy's, very much appreciated.
I will go check out Pinehurst as well. Are there any dangerous spots on either lake, shallow rocks, sandbars, etc.? I'm used to fishing deeper waters and new to fishing Alberta lakes, some beautiful country all over this province.
Thanks again for the help,
Old 05-20-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampbe3 View Post
Great, thanks for the info guy's, very much appreciated.
I will go check out Pinehurst as well. Are there any dangerous spots on either lake, shallow rocks, sandbars, etc.? I'm used to fishing deeper waters and new to fishing Alberta lakes, some beautiful country all over this province.
Thanks again for the help,

A few. Pinehurst is mostly good, except directly across from the boat launch there’s a small island with an underwater rock pile a few hundred yards north of it.

Elinor not so sure but I think there’s a few shallow spots