Old 08-19-2011, 01:32 PM

Caught on a bead head prince nymph early Summer 2011

Old 08-19-2011, 02:50 PM

nice pink color on that bow! beauty
Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
It wont be long we will be there again

I want to slap you SOOOO badly. LOL Can't you hold off a bit and let us enjoy our two warm months a year??????
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM

Sight nymphed the Bow this afternoon for a couple of hours. This brown was 24 inches. Removed 4 old flies caught in its mouth and several inches of broken tippet. Six others in the exact same spot. Caught two of them (one 16" brown and a 19" rainbow) and went home happy. Caught on a size 16 jelly leg Copper John (Thanks to Icky Flyworks).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brownie.jpg (154.7 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Gone Fishing

Try this one for size too
2 different fish...you can tell by the tail.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 PM

My son's first fish, North Buck Lake 2 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1122.jpg (86.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post
Caught on a bead head prince nymph early Summer 2011

Stunning Fish and great pic
Old 08-21-2011, 05:29 PM

Bump.

10lbs @ 38"

Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleking View Post
Bump.

10lbs @ 38"

Paleking, this really isn't meant to start a flame war, and is more of a question for my better understanding. And hopefully Chub reads this, as I believe he's been in contact with many CO's about this specific issue, and can maybe shed some light on this, BUT....

Fish must not be removed from, or disturbed in, any facility or structure designed to capture, hold or facilitate the passage of fish. Fishing is prohibited by any method within 25 yards (22.86 m) downstream of the lower entrance of any fishway, canal, obstacle or leap. Weirs and dams are considered obstacles.
NOTE: Fishways, fish ladders, impoundment nets, fish traps and other similar structures are set up to assist in the management or the study of fisheries, or to allow the passage of fish.

Aren't you supposed to be fishing 25 yards away from that inlet canal... Or am I mistaken?

I'm pretty sure I've read posts from Chub about having numerous problems trying to figure out where that 25 yard boundary starts, and I know I've talked to CO's about spots I thought I couldn't fish because of what I thought were "obstacles/canals", which it turned out I could fish there. So... I hope I'm mistaken and you didn't unintentionally insert yourself into a flame war...

Hopefully someone can clarify that reg for me, cause I think I'm as confused about it as a lot of people

EDIT: I forgot... Nice Fish!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up Here's a pic for ya, Chubb...

This little bull tried to make a meal outta that Blindman Stone.
Thanks for the flies, Chubbdarter; I'm sure there'll be many more fish caught on 'em!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 PM

A few recents of mine

Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM

made a slideshow of the fish i caught this year seems like the best place to put it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLxnpJkfsaQ
Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Paleking, this really isn't meant to start a flame war, and is more of a question for my better understanding. And hopefully Chub reads this, as I believe he's been in contact with many CO's about this specific issue, and can maybe shed some light on this, BUT....

Fish must not be removed from, or disturbed in, any facility or structure designed to capture, hold or facilitate the passage of fish. Fishing is prohibited by any method within 25 yards (22.86 m) downstream of the lower entrance of any fishway, canal, obstacle or leap. Weirs and dams are considered obstacles.
NOTE: Fishways, fish ladders, impoundment nets, fish traps and other similar structures are set up to assist in the management or the study of fisheries, or to allow the passage of fish.

Aren't you supposed to be fishing 25 yards away from that inlet canal... Or am I mistaken?
I've been curious about that as well. As it happens, my line was in more than 25 yards down from the mouth of that structure. I moved closer to bring the fish up the bank because there's fencing and brush on the bank immediately above where I had my line in.

For what it's worth, later in the day, there were a large number of folks fishing off the concrete berms at the top of the structure (into the lake side) which would seem to be dangerous if not a violation of regs.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've read posts from Chub about having numerous problems trying to figure out where that 25 yard boundary starts, and I know I've talked to CO's about spots I thought I couldn't fish because of what I thought were "obstacles/canals", which it turned out I could fish there. So... I hope I'm mistaken and you didn't unintentionally insert yourself into a flame war...
What types of structures were you asking about? What was the reasoning the CO's gave?

Quote:
Hopefully someone can clarify that reg for me, cause I think I'm as confused about it as a lot of people
I would be interested in hearing from a CO on this as well. May call later today.

Quote:
EDIT: I forgot... Nice Fish!
Thx man.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM

you guys like snakes? if you do this is my boa zeus

Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I've been curious about that as well. As it happens, my line was in more than 25 yards down from the mouth of that structure. I moved closer to bring the fish up the bank because there's fencing and brush on the bank immediately above where I had my line in.

For what it's worth, later in the day, there were a large number of folks fishing off the concrete berms at the top of the structure (into the lake side) which would seem to be dangerous if not a violation of regs.
Ya, like I was alluding to, I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just curious because of the grey area of that reg, and what you can and cannot fish 25 yards within.

Quote:
Quote:
What types of structures were you asking about? What was the reasoning the CO's gave?
Specifically, I was asking about the canal that comes into Park Lake on the west side of the lake. I was wondering around and checking out that part of the lake, and a CO walked in to where I was, probably because of my truck being parked right at the canal entrance. Anyways.... We got to talking and I asked if a guy needed to be 25 yards away from the canal structure. His response was no (paraphrasing here...) because the structure is designed to control water flow, and isn't meant to hold/be a gateway for fish.

I think the problem lies in that the regular "joe fisherman" (like myself), isn't educated on what certain structures on/in lakes are designed to do concerning water flow/holding fish. Hence why I asked about the inlet canal at Park Lake.

Quote:
Quote:
I would be interested in hearing from a CO on this as well. May call later today.
I do believe this is the approach Chub took, and if I'm not mistaken, he actually got conflicting answers from different CO's or whomever he talked to about the same "structures". Hopefully if you do incur about the lake you were fishing, you get a clear cut answer! Let me know what response you get if you do inquire about it (via pm).

Anyways, SORRY for hi-jacking/ derailing/ side-tracking this picture thread! Paleking if you want to continue chatting about this please pm me so we don't keep derailing the thread. Thanks. Carry on!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:24 PM

Ontario, Chinook spring salmon at 22 # years ago in the Tronto Star Great Salmon HuntPicture%20007.jpg
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM

Today's project. 2 of the 5 mid-20 lb red springs my bro brought out from BC. What a job!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Today's project. 2 of the 5 mid-20 lb red springs my bro brought out from BC. What a job!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
When's dinner?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post

This little bull tried to make a meal outta that Blindman Stone.
Thanks for the flies, Chubbdarter; I'm sure there'll be many more fish caught on 'em!
Thanks BLB.
Question for you is the head cement going a milky color? I changed brands last week and im wondering if its going milky or its just the pic.

You should have mail soon...good luck
Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM

according to the guys this has been their best fly for big fish that i tie this year

Foamies.....lego fly tying
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Gone Fishing

Chubb...sell me a couple and I will test them for you. I know a great spot for huge rainbows !
Old 08-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
Chubb...sell me a couple and I will test them for you. I know a great spot for huge rainbows !
pm me your addy.....cant charge then im responsible for defects and warranty...lol
I hope your well buddy
Old 08-22-2011, 05:24 PM

Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM

Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafisher View Post

Where did you catch the crappie
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafisher View Post
THE RARE BLACK TROUT FROM THAT YOUTUBE VIDEO...
i knew it was real

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "