Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Sponsors > Sponsor Forums > Serengeti Fishing Charters

Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
AO Sponsor

Default 2012 Salmon/Hali Reports

Here are some pics from some exploratory days here in May...al brand new spots, so that's super exciting as even more spots to get monster halibut, Ling, and tons of Rockfish...no shortage of fish for anyone who comes up...excited to have all of you out here shortly, if you want to book for 2013 please contact me asap before it gets all booked out with our returning guests.

100lbs

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 PM
AO Sponsor

After more exploring and finding new Lingcod and Rockfish (Including Yelloweye aka Snapper) spots over the last couple days, I'm confident that even on rough days where we can't make it to our prime grounds, we'll still load the boat with a lot of fish!!! It's you hit bottom, jig a couple times and bam, FISH ON! There'll never be a slow day on the water with us, that's something very few places can say, and I know that all the guests that come out this year will find that out first hand. Be excited guys, limits (if you want them, or catch and release) will be coming over the rails of the boat everyday this year and the many years in the future!

Not to mention the unreal halibut fishing we have, with my avg size halibut being around 50-60lbs, and I see this year and the future more and more over 100lbs being caught. Our area is just completely untouched, and full of big fish, and lots of them!

I encourage any of you looking at 2013 to PM me or call me asap, as dates are going very quickly. I really hope to get as many AO members out here next year as possible, and I know it will be one of the best fishing experiences of your life and definitely the best salmon, bottomfish, and halibut trip you've ever experienced!!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Hey David,

Hope all is going well for you guys. Looking at your recent pics, Hardy area will produce huge again this year.

Looks like I will personally be off the water for a while, maybe all season...All else if full speed ahead with very good fishing so far. Yesterday was actually one of the tougher days of the season for my guys, but that won't last long.

Catch you soon.

J.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
AO Sponsor

Looks like you guys are kicking some butt as well. Sorry to hear about the health issues Jay...couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. At the end of the season hopefully will have a chance to grab a few beers. Best of luck

Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
AO Sponsor

SALMON HAVE ARRIVED...while my guys today didn't want to go after salmon so we did bottomfish, salmon are here in big numbers and those that did target salmon limited out without too much trouble. My boat loaded up with Lingcod and Rockfish as well. Out tomorrow for salmon

Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Looks like you guys are kicking some butt as well. Sorry to hear about the health issues Jay...couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. At the end of the season hopefully will have a chance to grab a few beers. Best of luck
Glad to see you guys are into the Salmon really thick..My guides had 1 very stange "off" day on Friday where it seemed everything moved out of the area but yesterday and today it lit up again as normal.

Another Concussion on top of my last Concussion finds me with a season of unknowns ahead. Tough times but good fishing and busy fleet so we will be making the best of it

Jay
Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM
AO Sponsor

Fishing for salmon has been very good (today was slightly slower due to low pressure moving in and barometer dropping, but it's rising tonight)...here are some pics.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 PM
AO Sponsor

95lbs

One boat for one day

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 PM
AO Sponsor

Same day as above

100lb er hiding salmon and yelloweye

Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM

Nice Work David! Looks like great Fishing and Happy Guests!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
AO Sponsor

Thanks Jay! It's been pretty darn good so far...can't wait till July, sure it will only get better.

Well, day 3 with The Hunting Chronicles was very good, NAILED THEM!!!!!!!!! Into more than 35 Chinook today PER BOAT My boat got 10 Chinook and my dad's got 8, all tagged out. We released several fish between 15 and 18lbs as well, lost a lot, and missed a lot...this show is gonna be great guys, will really show what you can expect with us, NO BS from us, what we say is what we deliver on.

Most Chinook were between 22-30lbs, in morning was a bite every 20min or so, then in afternoon literally could hardly get 2 rods down...Chinook were hitting so much. More than once I just got it down and was tightening the reel to downrigger and bang, fish on. Have plenty of pictures, but day off tomorrow, so time to celebrate with the guys with a few pops, will post tomorrow afternoon.

This is what fishing with us is like...we know the waters, no one else was catching what we were catching and we were the only boats there... Just the way I like it.
Double header, 30lbs and 24lbs

Days catch, many many more released, missed, or lost too

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
AO Sponsor

Today showcased our great fishing once again, with limits of halibut, rockfish, lingcod, Chinook salmon, and Coho salmon being caught by both boats. Our halibut were all over 70lbs (70, 75, 85, 114, 127). Fishing that is really unmatched on the coast. While these are all bigger fish, we did let the guests know about the fact they are females, and they were each leaving with one smaller halibut as well (one over, one under rule), so this made sure they have plenty of halibut in their freezer for the long winter. They all booked for next year already, and our July is getting very crowded for 2013 so give us a shout asap.

After bottomfishing we went for salmon and it was non stop action, had 3 double headers and ended up with a limit of Chinook for both boats between 16-28lbs in only 2 hours. Coho limits as well, these Coho are exceptionally large for this early in the year, and this makes me wonder what our late August Coho will look like. It's exciting. Last week or so has been unreal fishing as well, were limited out on Chinook and halibut and Lingcod for a couple and back at dock by 11am allowing them to hit the road back to Alberta a lil earlier than expected

Give us a shout as we have one cancellation date still open for mid August. And while we've had several AO members book for 2013 already, give us a shout asap for those dates as well. Here are the pics: Keep in mind we didn't have room for all the Coho (12) and 8 more Rockfish as well You know its good fishing when....

Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 PM
AO Sponsor

Sorry for lack of reports my camera went swimming at end of july so lost all those pictures and haven't gotten a new one since.

Fishing end of July was great, limits in only a few hours of Chinook. Since about August 5th the Chinook numbers went down with instead of only a few hours, limits would be caught by fishing for Chinook for 6 or so hours, but the size definitely went up. My dad lost a 60+ Chinook at the boat, and then just yesterday lost ANOTHER 60+...this is a place for BIG fish. He caught a 41 today and since my last report we have put numerous over 40lb Chinook in our boats, including a 50lber by one of my guests (have pics will add soon). August the chinook numbers generally go down slightly but the size increases. Big Coho around now too, and in large numbers.

Halibut and bottomfishing continues to be nothing short of spectacular, even more 100+lb halibut caught and many in the 50-70lb range, perfect eaters. Yelloweye and Lingcod limits are caught in only an hr to two hours as well.

If you are thinking about a trip for 2013, please let me know asap, our dates are running very low. Best wishes and tight lines!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
AO Sponsor

Fishing has been extremely good, Coho are around in very large numbers with large 30+lb Chinook sprinkled in as well, bottomfishing continues to be amazing, along with halibut and many good sized ones. Here are some pictures from recent trips out.

225lbs

Day's Limit of bottomfish, including 225lb Halibut, 56lb Lingcod, and 4 Lings over 30lbs

Day's limit of bottomfish

Limit of Coho Salmon, and all Snapper and Lingcod (12 of each species)