Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 AM

S
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 AM

Harper got in because Canadians were sick of having elections every year or six months or whatever it was..... Harper will get voted out because he has been there playing his political shenanigans for too long.

I think most of the votes he got were because ignatieff looked like an owl and harper promised to get rid of the registry.

the choices we had last election were so bad enough people voted ndp to give them an official opposition lol

The senate scandal will sink Harper.... he barely made a majority in the first place.

I think we will go minority next time, Harper is greasy and the other two well.... I dunno, popular enough to get votes but not a landslide
Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
Harper got in because Canadians were sick of having elections every year or six months or whatever it was..... Harper will get voted out because he has been there playing his political shenanigans for too long.

I think most of the votes he got were because ignatieff looked like an owl and harper promised to get rid of the registry.

the choices we had last election were so bad enough people voted ndp to give them an official opposition lol

The senate scandal will sink Harper.... he barely made a majority in the first place.

I think we will go minority next time, Harper is greasy and the other two well.... I dunno, popular enough to get votes but not a landslide
Senate scandal? Harper wants to overhaul the senate. Liberals and NDP refuse. So when Harper uses this in an election promise to fix it and the liberals and NDP say no...cause they also have their share of expense shenanigans what do you think makes sense? Justin's I want pot and a Chinese dictatorship slogan?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
Don't see how this is a poor example of how Mulcair will rule his party. He said it, and I believe he stands behind what he said, and his party has a history of it.

Harper may demand obedience, however he still permits his MPs to vote with their conscience.

Sometimes a vote may be free for some parties but not for others. For instance, when the Conservative government of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper proposed a motion to re-open the debate on Canada's same-sex marriage laws, his Conservatives and the opposition Liberals declared it a free vote for their members, while the Bloc Québécois and the New Democrats both maintained party discipline to defeat the measure.
For any government to work there has to be a following of the party lines on key issues. Harper also has open votes. They also debate it within the conservative caucus. Then there is a vote and which ever position wins... That is what everyone agrees to regardless of side. In a democracy you cant have any side undermining the party position on key issues. You should know that and saying Harper demands obedience... Not to him but to the party's official position is the better way to say it.

Your godification of Harper is getting old.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Justin Trudeau should be sitting next to Ben Mulroney on that Entertainment Tonight Show....he has no business in the house of commons. He will be eaten alive if he ever gets elected. At least the Mulroney kid knows he isn't qualified to try running a country.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
For any government to work there has to be a following of the party lines on key issues. Harper also has open votes. They also debate it within the conservative caucus. Then there is a vote and which ever position wins... That is what everyone agrees to regardless of side. In a democracy you cant have any side undermining the party position on key issues. You should know that and saying Harper demands obedience... Not to him but to the party's official position is the better way to say it.

Your godification of Harper is getting old.
And your bashing of Harper is getting old.

Thanks for the enlightenment on our political system. I am so glad I can get grade 6 social studies lessons from you.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM

I'm not one bit worried about Justin Trudeau getting elected as PM.

With the antics this guy pulls you have to wonder if he's an agent of the Conservative Party that will get the Harper government re-elected for sure.

Or may be he really is that stupid. Just throwing that out there.

Dan
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Saskbertan View Post
I'm not one bit worried about Justin Trudeau getting elected as PM.

With the antics this guy pulls you have to wonder if he's an agent of the Conservative Party that will get the Harper government re-elected for sure.

Or may be he really is that stupid. Just throwing that out there.

Dan
Never underestimate the stupidity of the Canadian electorate.

Remember
Trudeau Sr.
Joe Clark
Mulroney
KIM CAMPBELL
Dion
Count Iggy
Chretien

Good God. Canadians should be embarrassed.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 PM

Sure things get done in these communist countries where only a select few have any say. Justin thinks China is a great place just like his Dad thought Cuba and its leadership is great. Thanks for the heads up Justin.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:03 PM

Trudeau II as PM would actually be good for Alberta in the long run, short term pain for long term gain sorta speak, after he is done taking down the energy industry like his dad most of the "so called Albertans" would head home back east and then we "real Albertans" would rebuild the Province like we always have.

I'm thinking all the Harper Haters on here voted for Queen Redford as well and probably secretly admire her.

I'd be perfectly fine having Harper come home and run the Province after his time is up in Ottawa.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
And your bashing of Harper is getting old.

Thanks for the enlightenment on our political system. I am so glad I can get grade 6 social studies lessons from you.
Ummm. I am not bashing Harper.

Where did I bash him?
Old 11-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned

I seen it.

Right before you expressed your undying admiration for the commie pirate.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Ummm. I am not bashing Harper.

Where did I bash him?
You implied that I am bringing Harper up to God status. Can you show me where I have done this, and how you claiming I have done this is not a hit against Harper?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM

Default CBC shows its colours (red)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/just...rper-1.2422068

That my tax dollars pay for this garbage...
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post

No bias in that pos article. The CBC needs to be defunded. Sink or swim ya crack pots.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
You implied that I am bringing Harper up to God status. Can you show me where I have done this, and how you claiming I have done this is not a hit against Harper?
Oh I get it lol. I had tried copying a beeguy quote via iPad for my post Reference to the obedience quote. I was agreeing with you. Darn iPad typing.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post

I will celebrate the day Harper sells off the CBC!!!