Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 03-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Dewey Cox's Avatar
Dewey Cox Dewey Cox is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 2,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuart44 View Post
x 4


Speaking of banned and suspended members, why is astuart44 making more posts today than any time before? Profile says joined in 2013. All the posts are from today.
If you're here with good intentions, welcome. It if not, take off.
__________________
Fish fear me. That's because they are typically timid creatures.
  #212  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM
cranky cranky is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Speaking of banned and suspended members, why is astuart44 making more posts today than any time before? Profile says joined in 2013. All the posts are from today.
If you're here with good intentions, welcome. It if not, take off.
Lots like that on here. Theres a whole list of them. Signed up supposedly two or three years ago and now in 2017 with only a very few posts up till now they start posting. Next thing in several months they got posts into the 100"s. Gotta be returns from banned folks. What else can it be?
  #213  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM
purgatory.sv purgatory.sv is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,079
Default Ulterior motive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Speaking of banned and suspended members, why is astuart44 making more posts today than any time before? Profile says joined in 2013. All the posts are from today.
If you're here with good intentions, welcome. It if not, take off.

First day of spring?
  #214  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM
tmandell tmandell is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 12
Default

I had a thread deleted when I gave an unfavorable review of a local gun shop (Edmonton). I purchased an expensive firearm and then was denied any help or service when it broke 2 months later due to a known flaw. I was even kindly told where to go by the owners of the shop. But I learned a valuable lesson, don't speak the truth about your experiences or you will be censored.
  #215  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 PM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 8,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Lots like that on here. Theres a whole list of them. Signed up supposedly two or three years ago and now in 2017 with only a very few posts up till now they start posting. Next thing in several months they got posts into the 100"s. Gotta be returns from banned folks. What else can it be?
Looks like whoever just stepped it up a notch.

I show hundreds of threads locked in the last few minutes, but they aren't locked.

Hackers with a cause? Moles angry because they got outed ?

Who knows. It that's the worst they have, they aren't much of a threat.

Like shooting a Moose with a BB gun, from 25 paces. Might sting a bit if it hits a lip of other sensitive area, but ain't gonna do any damage.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
  #216  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:59 PM
threeforthree's Avatar
threeforthree threeforthree is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
Just remove the "general" chat section,its a sportsman forum....no one cares about whats for supper,keep it going posts.I generally only look at the fishing section because I get irritated at some of the ridiculous questions being asked on general.I also dislike the fact that when someone says I caught this or shot this its instantly challenged by a "pics or it didn't happen" replies.I don't have a clue how to post pics or do I care to. I scan through ICESHANTY in many areas and see nothing but guys giving info on locations,depths,baits etc.
Had fish battered beer tonight ,, left a sour taste in my mouth,,beer must have been flat.
__________________


LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
  #217  
Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 PM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 8,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
Had fish battered beer tonight ,, left a sour taste in my mouth,,beer must have been flat.
Eeeeewwwwwww



Use it to wash your wifes hair. Leaves it soft and shining. Bout all it's good for when it goes flat.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
  #218  
Old 03-21-2017, 07:00 AM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 31,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandell View Post
I had a thread deleted when I gave an unfavorable review of a local gun shop (Edmonton). I purchased an expensive firearm and then was denied any help or service when it broke 2 months later due to a known flaw. I was even kindly told where to go by the owners of the shop. But I learned a valuable lesson, don't speak the truth about your experiences or you will be censored.
Ranting about a store even after you were in contact with the Browning rep was the issue not the store .
Pretty sure the owner told you to go to the company as the store does not do warranty work the gun was defective not the store you bought it from.
THAT is why the posts were deleted .
Cat
__________________
what power? FFP--SFP?paralax? Heck with it, I'm screwing on the Centrals and diopter- pass me my single point sling!

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-21-2017 at 07:23 AM.
  #219  
Old 03-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Newellknik Newellknik is offline
Suspended User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 769
Default Good Morning !

Happy Vernal Equinox ..y,all !
  #220  
Old 06-11-2017, 08:16 AM
gloszz gloszz is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 451
Default Bringing old thread to life

Here I am again searching through the forums for some info about a few WMU's I have drawn for and many of the members that had great info and would PM new people like myself, are banned!

Is there a way to maybe email them so it gives them a notification to email instead of here?
  #221  
Old 06-11-2017, 12:35 PM
sjd sjd is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 534
Default

Seems like most of the banning involves silly threads that don't involve the outdoors.

When I joined the General Outdoor thread actually included mostly items of general interests to the outdoors - hiking, wildlife, conservation, political stuff do to with our issues, weather, equipment etc.

I have no interest coming on here to scroll through creationism, left-right politics, shopping tips on non outdoor items etc.

Its a private forum, so the owner and mods have the right to do what they want, but i think they are diluting the value of the board as a resource for outdoorsmen vs anything goes. Have you ever considered actually locking everything that has no outdoors value?
  #222  
Old 06-11-2017, 01:34 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 31,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Here I am again searching through the forums for some info about a few WMU's I have drawn for and many of the members that had great info and would PM new people like myself, are banned!

Is there a way to maybe email them so it gives them a notification to email instead of here?
Members get banned because they do not the forum rules no matter how nice a person you think they are .

Maybe try Contacting some members here who are not banned .
Cat
__________________
what power? FFP--SFP?paralax? Heck with it, I'm screwing on the Centrals and diopter- pass me my single point sling!
  #223  
Old 06-11-2017, 02:35 PM
stuckincity stuckincity is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma1 View Post
I used to have the upmost respect for how the forum ran until a thread I was participating on got locked. There was no reason other than the fact somebody in a position of authority did not share the same view in the thread. Thats censorship.
NOPE!
Its only censorship if the 'site is run by a gooberment.
The Sleazy C...I mean the CBC news 'site is a perfect example. They don't allow comments except for frivolous items, which means they won't consider politically incorrect comments from the TAXPAYERS who pay their parasitic wages.

This site is privately owned (so far) so it isn't "censorship".
Is it "censorship" if I tell you not to use foul language in my home when my little granddaughter is around?
My home is Private Property (so far) so MY rules apply.

BTW, swear you're off when we're among grown men, and having a few, if you want to, but don't do it when I tell you not to on my property when kids are around.
Again, that ain't "censorship".
__________________
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage, or working class flat, is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords."
- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.
  #224  
Old 06-11-2017, 03:24 PM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 9,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
Seems like most of the banning involves silly threads that don't involve the outdoors.

When I joined the General Outdoor thread actually included mostly items of general interests to the outdoors - hiking, wildlife, conservation, political stuff do to with our issues, weather, equipment etc.

I have no interest coming on here to scroll through creationism, left-right politics, shopping tips on non outdoor items etc.

Its a private forum, so the owner and mods have the right to do what they want, but i think they are diluting the value of the board as a resource for outdoorsmen vs anything goes. Have you ever considered actually locking everything that has no outdoors value?
Jeepers.
Some like it the way it is, seems to be working, some get banned because they crossed a line.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
  #225  
Old 06-11-2017, 03:50 PM
waterninja waterninja is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: edmonton
Posts: 11,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Jeepers.
Some like it the way it is, seems to be working, some get banned because they crossed a line.
Quad 8's for the cat
  #226  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:13 PM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 8,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Here I am again searching through the forums for some info about a few WMU's I have drawn for and many of the members that had great info and would PM new people like myself, are banned!

Is there a way to maybe email them so it gives them a notification to email instead of here?
How would you know they would PM new people. PMs are private.

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
  #227  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:16 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 5,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
How would you know they would PM new people. PMs are private.

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.
You think that really happens on AO???
  #228  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:27 PM
gitrdun gitrdun is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: High River, AB
Posts: 10,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
How would you know they would PM new people. PMs are private.

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.
Funny you should say that. You've claimed to have talked to me personally to another member. Which is something I don't recall. One of us must be senile, and I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. As for me, if I spoke to you personally, I likely would have told you to take a hike and a few other choice words. Likely because I can't stand you in the first place. This leads me to believe that your claims of talking or PM'ing other people are fantasy. Don't know whether my words are worthy of a time out, or a banning. But they are the truth out of a man's mouth who don't mind speaking it the way it is.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-11-2017 at 07:38 PM.
  #229  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:31 PM
wildbill wildbill is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gods Country
Posts: 1,091
Default

.......who cares........
  #230  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:35 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
.......who cares........
X100 "lock it up"
__________________
AO mods connected a breathalizer to my laptop a while ago....
  #231  
Old 06-11-2017, 07:44 PM
bigskinner bigskinner is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Default .

Heres my rant , everytime ya mention Chinese , or say the word Chinese , your acused of racisum and get an infraction
  #232  
Old 06-11-2017, 08:26 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 31,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
Heres my rant , everytime ya mention Chinese , or say the word Chinese , your acused of racisum and get an infraction
Mention danged near any race of people that in a racist derogatory way and "paint them all with the the brush "so to speak and you can bet you will get a response fast!
Read the rules ........
Cat
__________________
what power? FFP--SFP?paralax? Heck with it, I'm screwing on the Centrals and diopter- pass me my single point sling!
  #233  
Old 06-11-2017, 09:04 PM
ryeguy21 ryeguy21 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
NOPE!
Its only censorship if the 'site is run by a gooberment.
The Sleazy C...I mean the CBC news 'site is a perfect example. They don't allow comments except for frivolous items, which means they won't consider politically incorrect comments from the TAXPAYERS who pay their parasitic wages.

This site is privately owned (so far) so it isn't "censorship".
Is it "censorship" if I tell you not to use foul language in my home when my little granddaughter is around?
My home is Private Property (so far) so MY rules apply.

BTW, swear you're off when we're among grown men, and having a few, if you want to, but don't do it when I tell you not to on my property when kids are around.
Again, that ain't "censorship".
your bypassing the swear filter. That should get you an infraction or a ban. A bit ironic doing that in this thread?

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.
  #234  
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 PM
purgatory.sv purgatory.sv is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Funny you should say that. You've claimed to have talked to me personally to another member. Which is something I don't recall. One of us must be senile, and I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. As for me, if I spoke to you personally, I likely would have told you to take a hike and a few other choice words. Likely because I can't stand you in the first place. This leads me to believe that your claims of talking or PM'ing other people are fantasy. Don't know whether my words are worthy of a time out, or a banning. But they are the truth out of a man's mouth who don't mind speaking it the way it is.
Good edit.
  #235  
Old 06-11-2017, 11:24 PM
gloszz gloszz is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
How would you know they would PM new people. PMs are private.

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.
Keg seriously hop off of me. You are lucky I never took you to small claims for defamation and monetary loss. Due to your idiotism, I have lost money on YouTube as your gang decided to dislike my videos, causing them to go down in the search results. Maybe I should though and just stop talking about it.

I was never here under a different name, first time ever being on here and I started as a fisherman, not a poacher offering bear hunts as you claim.

And I don't know if they would pm people but if they said PM me and I will try to get you on some moose or sheep in that wmu, then maybe they helped. Who am I to know.
  #236  
Old 06-12-2017, 01:18 AM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 8,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
And I don't know if they would pm people but if they said PM me and I will try to get you on some moose or sheep in that wmu, then maybe they helped. Who am I to know.
Seems like a lot of guessing but your complaint seemed to have inside knowledge.

What I really wonder about is why would you even need to ask for advice, you seem to have no issues learning.
In fact you seem to learn amazingly fast.

From never having hunted anything other then gophers by your house and target with a .22 pellet gun 14 months ago to
Quote:
My waterfowl count is 286 birds, that includes grouse, geese and ducks.
eleven months later.

How do you even clean that many birds!
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
  #237  
Old 06-12-2017, 03:41 AM
gloszz gloszz is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Seems like a lot of guessing but your complaint seemed to have inside knowledge.

What I really wonder about is why would you even need to ask for advice, you seem to have no issues learning.
In fact you seem to learn amazingly fast.

From never having hunted anything other then gophers by your house and target with a .22 pellet gun 14 months ago to eleven months later.

How do you even clean that many birds!
Do you really want to pursue this in court? You seem to have some mental block I guess that maybe someone needs to assist you in fixing.

I gave you a fair warning over pm, took this even higher and had a mod give you a warning and you still continue to have some sort of issue. What is your deal?

But do tell me please what is aho hard about having a high bird count? Oh is it that I can learn fast and you can't? I don't see a problem of me being a fast learner and intelligent to anyone else than you. You do realize that snow geese limits are 50. Shoot birds with a few hunters and your up in that number. Grouse are fairly easy to shoot as well, as they are practically anywhere.

TELL ME WHAT ELSE YOU WANT FROM ME!?
  #238  
Old 06-12-2017, 04:41 AM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 8,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Funny you should say that. You've claimed to have talked to me personally to another member. Which is something I don't recall. One of us must be senile, and I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. As for me, if I spoke to you personally, I likely would have told you to take a hike and a few other choice words. Likely because I can't stand you in the first place. This leads me to believe that your claims of talking or PM'ing other people are fantasy. Don't know whether my words are worthy of a time out, or a banning. But they are the truth out of a man's mouth who don't mind speaking it the way it is.
That I can believe, what I don't understand is how you wound up on my contacts list.

I don't even know how one gets added to that list.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
  #239  
Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 9,717
Unhappy Ewwwww drama

As the outdoor forum turns.....

Lock'er down Cat...
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
  #240  
Old 06-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Reeves1's Avatar
Reeves1 Reeves1 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westlock
Posts: 4,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
As the outdoor forum turns.....

Lock'er down Cat...

I concur.....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.