Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 PM

Default Elite option 6&7

Hello has anybody shot either the elite option 6or 7 , I am away working so can't get into anywhere to shoot them , looking at buying one if they shoot well . Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 07:22 AM

I shot the Tempo and the Option 7 side by side.

-The Tempo: is A LOT like the Impulse and has the same cams. I didn't like it because of the draw cycle. It was east to begin with and the got super hard and had a harsh kick over into the valley. Not my cup of tea. Also some decent hand vibration.

-The Option 7: At first I didn't even want to shoot it because of the split limbs; I don't know why but for some reason I have never liked them. I finally shot it and it was amazing. It sits nice in the hand with their new rounded grip. The draw cycle seemed almost linear; it was steady all the way back and had a nice roll into the valley. I found it almost shockless in the hand when I shot it.

One thing to note on the Option 7. When they first come out I guess they had too big of valley buttons on the cams that wouldn't let it get right into the Valley and it always wanted to jump out. I've been told that Elite has sent out new valley buttons to all dealers for them to change. The option 7 that I shot had them changed out and it settled in the valley nice and did not want to jump out.

Before shooting the Option 7 I was dead set on an E35. After shooting the Option 7 I don't know any more. I never had a chance to shoot the E35 right beside the Option 7 but that is something I will have to do before I open up the wallet.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Default Bow

Yes I think did thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 AM

Head somewhere like Jimbows that has all the new flagships available to try side by side, give the Reign 6 and 7 a try too. As well as the Halons and othe brands they carry....so many times people walk in wanting one thing and walk out with something completely different.

LC
Old 04-18-2017, 03:31 PM

Smile Elite option 6/7

We have in stock the elite option 6 and 7, we also carry prime,hoyt darton,mathews along with the elite line. Shoot them all side by side and see what suits you.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:24 PM

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Head somewhere like Jimbows that has all the new flagships available to try side by side, give the Reign 6 and 7 a try too. As well as the Halons and othe brands they carry....so many times people walk in wanting one thing and walk out with something completely different.

LC
I know this to be true as it happened to me with my most recent purchase. I thought everyone saying "the bow will choose you" was a gimmick at first but it is true. You don't know what you will like until you shoot them all side by side. Another nice but often overlooked bow is Obsession. I tried them and they were quite nice.

Morb
Old 04-19-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
I know this to be true as it happened to me with my most recent purchase. I thought everyone saying "the bow will choose you" was a gimmick at first but it is true. You don't know what you will like until you shoot them all side by side. Another nice but often overlooked bow is Obsession. I tried them and they were quite nice.

Morb

X2.
Keep a open mind and wallet.

Elkster
Old 04-19-2017, 08:38 PM

Default elite

Just bought a impulse 35, shoots great, Shout out to accurate archery where i purchased it from. He made it easy to make up my mimd and his service was second to none. I will be back again.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 PM

has anyone had much experience shooting APA bows? i curently shoot a hoyt faktor but am considering switching to the APA king cobra as they are canadian and have some fantastic speed ratings. IBO on the king cobra is 370+ and at only 4lbs this seems to be a pretty fantastic bow on paper
Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBowman View Post
has anyone had much experience shooting APA bows? i curently shoot a hoyt faktor but am considering switching to the APA king cobra as they are canadian and have some fantastic speed ratings. IBO on the king cobra is 370+ and at only 4lbs this seems to be a pretty fantastic bow on paper
Have you shot one? The King Cobra cam is uber aggressive.

LC
Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Lefty-Canuck;3521419]Have you shot one? The King Cobra cam is uber aggressive.

Having shot other bows that can attain similar speeds theres not much compsrison the king cobra has the nicest draw cycle of a pure speed bow that ive seen.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM

Might surprise you but that cam is the OEM of the Bowtech Oregon (Black Knight)...I still find it aggressive

LC
Old 04-20-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Might surprise you but that cam is the OEM of the Bowtech Oregon (Black Knight)...I still find it aggressive

LC
I think you are mistaken on that. Apa does not buy OEM Cams thats like saying bear mathews well any company that makes a single cam gets them from Martin
Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopithorne View Post
I think you are mistaken on that. Apa does not buy OEM Cams thats like saying bear mathews well any company that makes a single cam gets them from Martin
Nope, back in the day when the King Cobra was first released. Bowtech cam design.

LC
Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 AM

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Lefty-Canuck;3521589]Nope, back in the day when the King Cobra was first released. Bowtech cam design.

Maybe 10 years ago but alot has changed. The way you have responded makes me wonder if or when the last time you bothered to try one out. Im not trying to get into a p!$$ing match but i will say if its been a while try them nobody says you have to shoot it weather you like it or not but the fact that these bows are being manufactured in canada and can go toe to toe with any other manufacturer is a pretty awsome in my opinion
Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 PM

My buddy is LH and APA prostaff I usually try his bows out when he gets a new one, or when I need to turn a nock or tighten a broadhead

LC
Old 04-20-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
My buddy is LH and APA prostaff I usually try his bows out when he gets a new one, or when I need to turn a nock or tighten a broadhead

LC
Lol. Clint will weigh in here soon.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Lol. Clint will weigh in here soon.

I would expect so

LC