Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 PM

Still cheaper than the 20 bucks at jackfish and you get stuck in the mud.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM

15 bucks for the best launch within 300 kms in a trophy fishery.

2 guys go out for a day, catch 50-60 pike, many over 5 lbs and one or two 10 lbs or better.

You have got a good chance of catching something in the teens any day you are out there.

This is an average day at Wabamun ............ just an average day ............ anyone disagree with me on this one?

I'm in for my $7.50 ......... hell maybe invite a third guy and it only costs me $5.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
I will never understand how people can pay 2-5 dollars for a coffee and money for bottles of water, but complain about fees like this.

Great launch, VIP parking, bathrooms and no mud?

I want that stuff for free! The people that live around there can pay for all of the out of towners to come and use the lake! Raise their taxes!

Give your heads a shake.
I agree 100% Some of you need to see what life is like other places. Most private launches in the US are all pay and not half as good as that one. You all have the option of going to the provincial park to launch and deal with the ruts and the line ups. Sorry guys I am not buying your sad stories of not buying stuff in town. If you want it you will drive the 5 min to get it or you were never going to buy it anyway.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 AM

Back went I spent a few years in Ontario most boats launches were privately owned. It cost 5-10 bucks for an imaculate boat ramp, mooring dock, full bait and tackle shop. They also had boat slips for rent during the summer months. Wonder if Alberta will ever adopt any of these practises.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
15 bucks for the best launch within 300 kms in a trophy fishery.

2 guys go out for a day, catch 50-60 pike, many over 5 lbs and one or two 10 lbs or better.

You have got a good chance of catching something in the teens any day you are out there.

This is an average day at Wabamun ............ just an average day ............ anyone disagree with me on this one?
Well said its pretty tough to beat wab and so close I can make it in 15 mins

I bet if they charged at the park also this thread wouldn't be here, people probably just don't understand why pay when u can launch for free.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Sorry guys I am not buying your sad stories of not buying stuff in town. If you want it you will drive the 5 min to get it or you were never going to buy it anyway.
Sad stories? lol

If you only knew the money that town has lost from me! I really don't mind stopping for everything before I get there now..