Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Talk about BRUTAL...how about watching a fast oiler line....then Penner comes on the ice...my god someone needs to fill his pants with firecrackers

Speed is sure not an asset of his!!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

Took the chance tonight to take my daughter out on our annual "Date".
I made the descion years ago to find a spot between our birthdays in October and the 2 of us go out and enjoy a night.

First stop was Red Lobster.. She loves shrimp. Not bad actually. We enjoyed it.
Next up.. the 3rd chapter of the Battle of Alberta. It gave us all we wanted. 8 goals, 3 fights, some good hits, Over time, A shoot out and most importantly a WIN by the good guys, overall a great game to watch.

A few notes.. Kipper is a much better GT
The young guys from the north do not know when to quit.
The Oiler in the 3rd fight had better watch out. If someone gets a hold of him, it will be lights out. Even my daughter was booing the guy. Something about "Learn how to fight you baby".
Joky actually got into it at the end of the first.. Whats up with that? And would some one please explain why that guy is on our team. I will give him credit for trying over the last few games, but he has a lot of things to make up for.. AT least in my books.

Calgary had so many misfires tonight. great shot chances and then they wiff on it. If they were at there best, this wouldn't even have been a game. They should also learn that the game is 60 minutes long, not 40..

I enjoyed our evening and I know I made Syd very happy. It cost me a game with Willy's team, but it was well worth it.

Why so many Ed jersys in the stands?? I guess those up north have given up on their city and decided that Calgary is a better place live. Good choice.

How ever, if your going to wear the hated Blue, at least have some respect. The screams of Go Oilers Go during the anthem and the constant swearing was getting old. And I am not putting this on just 2 or 3 loud mouths (As we all have them) I am talking about the guys standing up and giving the finger to everyone behind them, the guys ****ing in the parking lot, the whinny biatch in the FLAMES FANATIC store who was complaining about there not being any Ed gear, the guys mouthing on the way out of the Dome, the guy who came up and yelled about the game right in Syds face.

I would guess we have the same clowns that head north, but if you have the balls to wear another jersey/T Shirt/Hat, behave yourself and show some class.

Not that any of this would stop my from taking my daughter or Son to the game, but it does get tiresome.

Jamie
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
How ever, if your going to wear the hated Blue, at least have some respect. The screams of Go Oilers Go during the anthem and the constant swearing was getting old. And I am not putting this on just 2 or 3 loud mouths (As we all have them) I am talking about the guys standing up and giving the finger to everyone behind them, the guys ****ing in the parking lot, the whinny biatch in the FLAMES FANATIC store who was complaining about there not being any Ed gear, the guys mouthing on the way out of the Dome, the guy who came up and yelled about the game right in Syds face.

I would guess we have the same clowns that head north, but if you have the balls to wear another jersey/T Shirt/Hat, behave yourself and show some class.

Not that any of this would stop my from taking my daughter or Son to the game, but it does get tiresome.

Jamie
It is disgusting how some fans act while at oppositions barns!!! I have left the Dome before embarrassed to say that I was from Edmonton. With that said I have also seen the red jerseys do the same thing up here in Edmonton!! It is also not just the Red and Blue however!!! Canuck fans are just as bad if not the worst! I watched a Canuck fan in Calgary expose himself to a Flame fan behind him when they scored in a shootout. I have seen both Flame and Oiler fans act like idiots in Van! It happens everywhere and it sucks!!!!!! I wish security would step up and toss some of these clowns out!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
It is disgusting how some fans act while at oppositions barns!!! I have left the Dome before embarrassed to say that I was from Edmonton. With that said I have also seen the red jerseys do the same thing up here in Edmonton!! It is also not just the Red and Blue however!!! Canuck fans are just as bad if not the worst! I watched a Canuck fan in Calgary expose himself to a Flame fan behind him when they scored in a shootout. I have seen both Flame and Oiler fans act like idiots in Van! It happens everywhere and it sucks!!!!!! I wish security would step up and toss some of these clowns out!!!!

I think a lot of fans in general just have no respect for their fellow fans, regardless of home or away fans. Amazing how much a couple beer will turn some folks into complete *******es. Took my daughter (9 yrs old) to a couple of Canuck's games in Edmonton last year. Regardless of what jerseys people were wearing, I couldn't believe the idiots and what was coming out of their mouths, especially in front of a kid.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 PM

I loved the no quit attitude in the kids last night...loved when Joki crosschecked Gagner and got a beating from a way smaller kid....loved the comback and the point...sure wish OT was 10 min long but meh good time

Jamie yep I see boneheads of every opposition type...actually sat next to a Van fan a few yrs ago and we ended up winning 6 - 5 in OT and we ribbed on each other all thru the game much to the delight of the fans around us cuz it was kept friendly...as it should be...Leafers are the WORST lol your elite team needs alot of work pal as for mine, we are gonna have long stretches of horrible and little stretches of dynamic play..and I am OK with that...
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Not sure where these Oilers came from, 6-3 after the second,... but I am going to sit back and enjoy because I don't think this will happen too often.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Not sure where these Oilers came from, 6-3 after the second,... but I am going to sit back and enjoy because I don't think this will happen too often.
Agreed, but although they have not been getting good results in the last 6 games prior...it sure is nice to see the hustle. A very fast skating club, and their penalty kill is killing them and really need to work on that. A good start is to probably stay out of the box. Even with the loses they are without a doubt a fun team to watch.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:17 PM

Sooo....were the Flames just dressed up as professional hockey players for Halloween, or what??

Seriously, to all Flames fans', who goes first....the Sutters' or Iginla?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Sooo....were the Flames just dressed up as professional hockey players for Halloween, or what??

Seriously, to all Flames fans', who goes first....the Sutters' or Iginla?
Sutters !!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Sutters !!
Smart choice!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM

17 goals in the last 3 games.....3 blown leads and only a SO victory to show for it....xmas comes early
Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 AM

i have actually stopped going to most games because of this. most times i can only afford to sit in the cheap seats, and unfortunately it seems the folks that share those seats with me are there to drink and couldn't care less about the game. I am done with having beer spilled down my back, listening to language that would make a sailor blush and having fights break out all over the place. most of these idiots don't even watch the game or care about the game.....so in all reality i enjoy the game much more in my own home with my own snacks etc....however on the rare occasion i do enjoy being able to sit in the lower bowls, that seems to be a better experience for sure.

imho i would love to see a section like they have in commonweatlth..a family section...no drinking etc...i am not here to rag on drinking or anyone's right to do so etc..but, it is undeniable to me that the addition of alcohol to these bumbleheads that have already come to the game to act the fool is not a good combination....so a section where this is not allowed would be nice. where you don't have to worry about your kids getting booze spilled on them and seeing some drunk idiot **** in the stair well or try to fight another guy or fall down over3 rows of seats.....(this all happened to me the last time i took my nieces and nephews to a game). not all of us can afford to take our entire family out and sit in the lower bowls...so some designated family sections in the upper bowl would be nice imho.....but maybe it is just me.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:09 AM

My name is BP I am a Flames fan....I gotta say the FLAMES SUCK!!!! what are they going to do with this team, I was hoping for an Iginla trade last year, it didn't happen, now I'm thinking keep Jarome and ditch the Sutter clan...
Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

I also suffer from the same affliction........

And yes we do suck. Nice goal by Iggy tonight though.
Perhaps for the good of him, he should be traded. It would reignite him for another few years and perhaps he could put his hands on the cup.

Gota keep Kipper though, he is the only reason worth watching these guys.

But what the hell.. We still have the Stamps

Jamie
Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:

Perhaps for the good of him, he should be traded. It would reignite him for another few years and perhaps he could put his hands on the cup.

Jamie
X2 Jamie, I think Jarome would look good in a Penguins uniform and the Stamps are truely AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:34 AM

personally i think iggy'd look good going home and wearing copper and blue!!...give ya stortini and cogs for him!!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

Great night of hockey last night. I actually felt sorry for TO. Weak goal...HOWEVER...a win's a win!!

Canucks on a tear....Calgary on a...well, I'm not sure WHAT Calgary is on.
Great to be a Canucklehead right now.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:

Jamie
Quote:
X2 Jamie, I think Jarome would look good in a Penguins uniform and the Stamps are truely AWESOME!!!!
Although Jarome has not looked his old self basically since the olympics he is still the heart and soul of the Flames. If he were to leave they would have no one capable of acting as a leader. Jarome is the outcome of brutal management. He played good at the olympics when surrounded by good players. What has Sutter given him to play with? The best fit with Jo in recent times was allowed to walk away without even an offer being made. It may be too late for Jarome to win a championship in Calgary and if they did move him I would hope they give him the respect he has earned from the franchise. Do not send him to Edmonton send him to a contender!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
My name is BP I am a Flames fan....I gotta say the FLAMES SUCK!!!! what are they going to do with this team, I was hoping for an Iginla trade last year, it didn't happen, now I'm thinking keep Jarome and ditch the Sutter clan...
Yer having a tough year Mr Hayward!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Yer having a tough year Mr Hayward!
good one Tree, I'll take Hayward as BP could stand for something far worse...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Wow this thread has made it to page 3 & 4 a few times now...sure can tell things are pretty bleak for the alberta hockey teams.

i figured there would be some talks about the calgary trade...personally i think calgary got the short end of the stick...but what the heck do i know,lol

And last but not least...what ever happened to the guy that said if you want to watch good hockey to watch the leafs,hahahaha...ok..jk
Old 11-18-2010, 05:05 PM

After watching the last few Oiler games I gotta wonder a few things.....
Just why do we have the Bulin wall?
Is Hemske ever going to perform up to expectations? Most games you don't even know he's on the ice!
Does Penner have a pulse and could he possibly play any softer for a power forward?
Can Cogliano actually pass the puck forward or is that silly drop pass all he knows?
Horcoff......I don't even know where to start!
I know they are a young team but the fundamentals are not getting done and it costs them repeatedly.
Soft dump ins,center ice give aways,pathetic defensive end clearing attempts.....the list goes on and on!
All I gotta say is I feel real sorry for all the Oiler and Flames season ticket holders for the waste of money.....cause the way hockey is being played in both towns isn't what I call entertainment.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Is Hemske ever going to perform up to expectations? Most games you don't even know he's on the ice!

I doubt it, I think they should unload him and free up the cap space.

Does Penner have a pulse and could he possibly play any softer for a power forward?

This baffles me, as he has so much potential, as he has shown flashes of brilliance in the past. No doubt he is a good player, I just don't think he is the player Kevin Lowe thought he was when he signed him.

All I gotta say is I feel real sorry for all the Oiler and Flames season ticket holders for the waste of money.....cause the way hockey is being played in both towns isn't what I call entertainment.:

I agree with you about Calgary. Iginla isn't playing well, Jokinen is a joke this year. Sutter, the GM, even traded his son(or nephew??) to Carolina today. Grant it he was arrested for assaulting a cab driver the other night.

([/QUOTE]
Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
After watching the last few Oiler games I gotta wonder a few things.....
Just why do we have the Bulin wall?
Can Cogliano actually pass the puck forward or is that silly drop pass all he knows?
Horcoff......I don't even know where to start!
I know they are a young team but the fundamentals are not getting done and it costs them repeatedly.
Soft dump ins,center ice give aways,pathetic defensive end clearing attempts.....the list goes on and on!
All I gotta say is I feel real sorry for all the Oiler and Flames season ticket holders for the waste of money.....cause the way hockey is being played in both towns isn't what I call entertainment.
Bulin was probably one of the best players on that team with the exception of the last couple games. Oilers need defence and some scoring now that he's on the IR
Old 11-18-2010, 05:23 PM

I gotta learn how to quote better.

AS for the Oilers, with the exciting influx of youth(Eberle, Paarjvi, and Hall) one can't help but be excited about this team. Heck I am, and I am a Penguins fan.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickote316 View Post
Bulin was probably one of the best players on that team with the exception of the last couple games. Oilers need defence and some scoring now that he's on the IR
Best player....not so sure you could put that label on anybody there!
khabi has given up bad goals in 1 goal games they had a chance to win.
If they are re-building then why not in the net too?
If they can trade Khabi then why not?
Besides the three young guns of the future everybody on that team is expendable......
Old 11-28-2010, 01:25 AM

Default Nhl

Haven't posted in awhile!! Staying off the sauce!!!! haha

NHL post seems kind of quiet!!
I guess when the 2 most popular teams SUCK AZZZ might tend to be that WAY.
My FLYERS have been Hero's as of late. Last 2 games SUCK, DAMN they lost to the FLamer's, usually reserved for the Coiler's.

DDamn FLames, friggin Kipp putt up a HELL of a fight. Cost me some Money the BIOOOTCH!! Flames looked, hmmmmm Pretty good for a change!!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigg dogg View Post
DDamn FLames, friggin Kipp putt up a HELL of a fight. Cost me some Money the BIOOOTCH!! Flames looked, hmmmmm Pretty good for a change!!
You obviously missed today's game.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Rumours of Oilers brass in Quebec city in talks of possible move due to negotiations of new arena in Edmonton at a standstill?
Just heard it on the radio. Yikes.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Rumours of Oilers brass in Quebec city in talks of possible move due to negotiations of new arena in Edmonton at a standstill?
Just heard it on the radio. Yikes.
Mountain I wonder how you say
GO OILERS GO

IN FRENCH???

Man is ownership ever putting the feet of Edmonton city council to the fire.

All I can say is that Edmonton had better find a way to build that new Arena.
We cant lose the Oilers.. WHo would we in the South HATE HATE HATE!!!

Well that and if you get a Arena.. So will we!!

NHL Hockey is to big to lose. Do not become Winnipeg of the north!

Jamie

Tags
ducks