Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Banned

Default God what you drink doesnt make you manly

Im so tired of people automatically making fun of guys that drink drinks like magaritas and mojitos. This one waitress called my friend princess and he did not like it so he told her off. Everyone just told him to drink something else. Im sorry but his triple mojito packs a whole lot more punch than the beer everyone else is drinking. If im going to pay $10 a drink im going to make sure it tastes good. Sorry about the rant people. If eating and drinking nasty things makes you manly then im the manliest guy around. I eat durian and balut like there's no tomorrow. Anyone that knows what durian tastes like will know that if you havent acquired the taste then you will puke.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

It's ok princess.. ENjoy your nap.
The men will be downstairs....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Honestly, who gives a crap. I enjoy Rum and coke. You might enjoy something different.

Just have some fun is all I say.
But if we cant tease you,....;.........
WHATS THE POINT!!!

Jamie
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
It's ok princess.. ENjoy your nap.
The men will be downstairs....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Honestly, who gives a crap. I enjoy Rum and coke. You might enjoy something different.

Just have some fun is all I say.
But if we cant tease you,....;.........
WHATS THE POINT!!!

Jamie
Oh i got no problem with my friends teasing me. I had a problem with my friend being teased by the waitress. Its just bad customer service.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:34 AM

Lol a 3 am post about waitresses and mojito's? Hmmmmmmmm

Son Step away from the keyboard!

You are under arrest for suspicion of impaired posting. lol

I am going to have to take you downtown for a threadalizer test.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Lol a 3 am post about waitresses and mojito's? Hmmmmmmmm

Son Step away from the keyboard!

You are under arrest for suspicion of impaired posting. lol

I am going to have to take you downtown for a threadalizer test.
Lol I'm actually sober I just work nights. Gotta love these new phones.soon I won't even use a computer.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut9 View Post
Lol I'm actually sober I just work nights. Gotta love these new phones.soon I won't even use a computer.
I thought your spelling was too good for impaired posting. lol
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned

O.K.,that right there is the funniest post in ages,a barmaid trashes you for girlie drinks
Next time order it WITHOUT THE LITTLE UMBRELLA.
Man up.......................sweetie
Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Im so tired of people automatically making fun of guys that drink drinks like magaritas and mojitos. This one waitress called my friend princess and he did not like it so he told her off. Everyone just told him to drink something else. Im sorry but his triple mojito packs a whole lot more punch than the beer everyone else is drinking. If im going to pay $10 a drink im going to make sure it tastes good. Sorry about the rant people. If eating and drinking nasty things makes you manly then im the manliest guy around. I eat durian and balut like there's no tomorrow. Anyone that knows what durian tastes like will know that if you havent acquired the taste then you will puke.
OK, what is durian and balut??

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

drinking a mojito doesn't make you a princess...but crying about being teased does.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM

Default Letter to God

When I first read the heading I thought it was a letter to GOD...

Puntuation :;"? or punctuation . I thought this is what it comes to

on here .I've bird hunting with Jamie , ease up on the Rum and Coke

straight Carrot Juice ....is my suggestion >>>>>
Old 02-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
drinking a mojito doesn't make you a princess...but crying about being teased does.
Thanks rugatika.
Just got my head turned in time so I didn't spit coffee all over the lap top.
lol
Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinawalli View Post
OK, what is durian and balut??
Durian is a south asian fruit that you will either hate or love. Its one of those foods that you really need an aquired taste for. In some buildings in asia it is actually banned due to its smell. Its smell resembles a rotting onion. Balut is a duck egg boiled with the duck fetus still inside of it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Banned

Alright so let me get this straight. I can bench press 260lbs and im only 5'7", have a red belt black stripe in tae kwon do and was a qualifier for nationals in freestyle wrestling 3 years ago. By 16 i beat my school record at Prince George Secondary School for most weights squatted at 625lbs. But for some reason the moment i pick up a mojito all that goes away. Sorry but most of the time those people that are so concerned about looking manly are usually those who have self confidence issues.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Alright so let me get this straight. I can bench press 260lbs and im only 5'7", have a red belt black stripe in tae kwon do and was a qualifier for nationals in freestyle wrestling 3 years ago. By 16 i beat my school record at Prince George Secondary School for most weights squatted at 625lbs. But for some reason the moment i pick up a mojito all that goes away.
Yup.

Quote:
Sorry but most of the time those people that are so concerned about looking manly are usually those who have self confidence issues.
As are the ones that would let a waitresses harmless rib bother them to the point they would file a complaint with management. Man up or forever look like the princess. Maybe your friend was called the princess but you certainly are acting like it. What makes it worse is the girly whining about it. Ever heard of crying like a school girl? It applies here in case you are wondering.

If drinking a Mojito doesn't make you a princess, how does eating balut and durian and weightlifting make you manly?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Alright so let me get this straight. I can bench press 260lbs and im only 5'7", have a red belt black stripe in tae kwon do
Fishgut9, I'm a little taller, can press alot more, I don't know tae kwon do but I love egg foo yung. One thing I learned is there is always someone bigger, stronger, tougher and there is always some crazy little skinny guy that can kick the crap out of almost anyone. The only thing it means if I was lying down and a heavy log fell on my chest I might be able to get it off.

Quote:
im the manliest guy around
This isn't you is it?

internet-tough-guy.jpg
Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

I tried.
I was only gonna read and not post but I jussstt caaaaanntt control iiittt.
I think the little fishy was right. What you drink does not make you more of a man. But what you drink can make you more of a pu$$y.

Flip your hair back over your shoulder and stop worring about it! yer make-up is gonna run.
I dont believe that someone is gay because they are less of a man. They are just less of a man.
I, and I would imagine a large percent of people on here are not homophobic. I have always thought gay men where a blessing to us straight shooters.
The more gay men there are means the more available woman for the rest of us.
And like my old man always told me, being gay cannot be that bad at least if you date someone your own size you can double your wardrobe.
I know a few guys that are straight and still act like queens, espeacially when they have their Mojito'S LOL _ I rock!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Fishgut9, I'm a little taller, can press alot more, I don't know tae kwon do but I love egg foo yung. One thing I learned is there is always someone bigger, stronger, tougher and there is always some crazy little skinny guy that can kick the crap out of almost anyone. The only thing it means if I was lying down and a heavy log fell on my chest I might be able to get it off.

This isn't you is it?

Attachment 32529
I DON'T KNOW if you just came in this thread and read ther first couple posts but I have pictures of myself up.and I guarantee you I'm not some fat hick in camo. I would also appreciate you not taking my words out of context.as for fighting once again qualifier for nationals in freestyle wrestling.if I can't knock someone out I'll pin them down and start pounding on them.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Durian is a south asian fruit that you will either hate or love. Its one of those foods that you really need an aquired taste for. In some buildings in asia it is actually banned due to its smell. Its smell resembles a rotting onion. Balut is a duck egg boiled with the duck fetus still inside of it.
Well then I understand why you would want a drink with some mint in it. If you just ate a fruit that smells like a rotten onion.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
So, tough guy, are you going to tell us what durian and balut are? Probably best not to because this thread will for sure by now have attracted the attention of some Scotsman who will, out of pure manful need, have to out-do you with a description of the contents and preparation of Haggis.

And then where will we be?
Quote:
I will take the Haggis.Unless the Durian and Balut are served by someone that sticks their boobs in my face.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
As you can see by many of the posts here there is still a big "stereotype thing" about what is manly and it is not always but mostly a joke.

What I would like to know from your original post is what does "GOD" have to do with it???

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Lol love the Sinatra quote at the end.

This ought to clear things up.

Well not the god part but everything after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eTClUMSIdQ
Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM

i like you twisted canuck ! in a manly(whiskey, beer) not princess(strawberry coolers) kind of way!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 AM

I'd let a mojito slide to be honest. Ernest Hemingway's favourite drink was the mojito... I'd view him as fairly manly... definitely had some attractive women at his side throughout history. Not that I'm a fan of mojitos, but they do have an element of, lets say, Cuban revolutionary. He was an outdoorsman after all.

A cosmo or marjarita though? No chance.

Personally, I enjoy a good craft dark beer (try the "Rutting Elk Red") or a glass of red wine (Shiraz, Cab Sauv. and other "manly" varieties... Merlot is not manly). Or of course the classic rum and coke (preferably a dark rum, like Havana Club 7 year for mixing or 15 year on the rocks). White rum is for diets and is therefore not manly, so toss out the Bacardi Silver or whatever that garbage is.

I would say anyone that drinks that Coors Light or Bud Light crap would be about equvilent to a cosmo drinker.

Link to the best red ale in Canada: http://www.thegrizzlypaw.com/drink/beer/rutting-elk-red
Old 02-20-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
i like you twisted canuck ! in a manly(whiskey, beer) not princess(strawberry coolers) kind of way!
Well, uh, thanks.....but let's dispense with the 'kissy' bit, and just have a good whisky by the fire instead! Bowmore, Macallan, Laphroaig, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Scapa, Jura, Balvenie, Highland Park, Springbank....all very acceptable. I'll pour the first round.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Try this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
Well, uh, thanks.....but let's dispense with the 'kissy' bit, and just have a good whisky by the fire instead! Bowmore, Macallan, Laphroaig, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Scapa, Jura, Balvenie, Highland Park, Springbank....all very acceptable. I'll pour the first round.
Give "Cul na Creagan" Gaelic Whisky a try. It's a fine blend of all things good from the Isle of Islay.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Gone Hunting

Tullfan, I admire someone who knows their limitations. especially in a young guy.

Good to see you can still have fun and your pals can count on you.

BTW I've never seen a bar charge anyone for a non alcoholic drink. Just good business for them.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxyzptik View Post
Give "Cul na Creagan" Gaelic Whisky a try. It's a fine blend of all things good from the Isle of Islay.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will look for it. I love my Islays, and Lowland, Highland, Speysides...... My latest favorite is the Glenmorangie Nectar D'or....sublime. Not an Islay, the farthest from it, but soooo nice!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default Mojito Joke

A city boy walks into a backwoods redneck bar and orders a triple mojito..........the bar turns silent.
The bartender strikes up a conversation:

Bartender: "Where are you from?"
Fella: "The city"
Bartender: "What do you do there?"
Fella: "I'm a taxidermist"
Bartender: "What's a taxidermist do?"
Fella: "I mount animals"

The bartender turns to the patrons in the bar and says: "IT'S OKAY FELLAS, HE'S ONE OF US!"
Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
What I would like to know from your original post is what does "GOD" have to do with it???
There should be a comma after the God part.

"God, what you drink doesn't make you manly"

"Oh my goodness" might have been a better fit on this thread.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 AM

I don't drink,(under age, strip bar, throwing up on dancer, long story). I was 16 when I had my last beer. I'll have a cooler around the fire every now and then, but never more than one. I found out long ago that drinking is not something I'm very good at, so I don't do it. I do however go drinking withe boys, and I order Ice tea. Never had a bad comment, or been teased too bad. I've had questions as to the why, and mabey a few chuckles. My friends drink, get drunk, and I get them home. They pay for my tea, and are happy to do so. I'm also the first to stand in if there's trouble. Tempers flare, drunks start mouthing off. I don't mind standing in to explain the situation away, or if need be to sort things out so to speak. Doesn't make me gay or a sissy. It makes me someone who doesn't handle drinking very well. I agree though.Getting ****ed off at being called a princess, not really called for. Just go with the flow. Unless of course he is a closet princess, in which case she might have nearly outed him. J/k,
Tullfan
Closed Thread