Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM

What?!?? I thought it was performance enhancing
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
Do you only tattle on drunk boaters or everyone you see having a beer?
Does it matter?

Pull up alongside while having one and see.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Does it matter?

Pull up alongside while having one and see.
Yes it matters. Having a beer isn't dangerous. Being drunk while boating is.
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Default wow!!!

i didnt know this would cause such a S%^@ storm.....lol....OK ill have 1 on shore...one in boat (ill b under.05) and maybe a "smoke"....fish cops cant prove that....perfect....

he he
on my boat
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfisher View Post
i didnt know this would cause such a S%^@ storm.....lol....OK ill have 1 on shore...one in boat (ill b under.05) and maybe a "smoke"....fish cops cant prove that....perfect....

he he
on my boat
police can do saliva test for thc can fish cops do the same?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 PM
pelada trochu

i like beer. usually drink one while sitting in my driveway (not in the car ) after i get back from fishing and the boat is put away in the garage.

everyone drinks on the water. i see their cans all over the bottom.

i have never seen a cop pull someone over for doing 111kph on highway 2. i suppose they wont bust a couple guys having a sandwhich and a beer anchor down. but i totally expect them to bust the 12 college students flying across the lake with 5 lifejackets and 60 beers in the cooler.

if your one of those people who cant possibly go fishing without caring more about ice for your beer than bait for your fish. then you should not be suprised when you get busted.

lets all try and be good neighbours to each other out there. drink in moderation, be respectful to nature, enjoy!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM

Pretty typical AO thread. Guy asks a simple question and varroooooommmmm…….I hope you are now better informed Happyfisher.

I commented early that I got caught, and got $115 for possession rather than $187 for consumption because the CO was reasonable. I don’t argue the ticket, and I'll take it for my empyties also since they come home with me (maybe it's because I'm scot).

I also had 2 waters, 2 iced tea and snacks, I just enjoy the taste of beer, but for the benefit of everyone concerned, I’ll check in to Betty Ford as soon as Wild Rose confirms and approves the unnecessary wait time.

Carry on.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 PM

Please all you holier than thou people the key word hear is moderation .If I want to have a couple beers while out enjoying a day fishing so be it if you want water and diet pop go ahead I don't need you telling what I can and can't do just like I would't tell you what you can and can't do. And yes we have had the fish cops at the boat and they don't even bat an eye at a couple beer in the boat like I said moderation is key. Now I can hardly wait to get out fishin , relax minding my own business and have a couple . See you on the water
Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM

This thread has brought out the squares in record numbers. Who has the time to look up these laws and post them. Its obviously illegal, no need to pull stats guys.

As for all the people saying have a beer back at camp. It's illegal to drink in campgrounds and public property. Unless your campsite is next to a bar or a buddy's cabin you're also breaking the law.

I bet the guy who started this thread was just joking and laughing at everyone getting worked up!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Cool

maybe if you had some dealings with the aftermath of an alcohol related boating fatality you may feel I little different. spend a day on some of the popular water sport lakes in AB. see if you can judge if the guy in the ski boat is a moderate drinker as they pass you a 30 odd mph. lots of the pleasure craft operators cant be safe when sober what chance do they have after a beer or six.
in my opinion beer on the water is the first sign of a flat land naval candidate.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 PM

Oh my god fishgunner, be more dramatic! Nobody is talking about getting loser drunk and also not on some busy lake in the middle of summer.

I have great story for you that my grandmother used to tell. Some losers were drunk in their boat and tried to go 40 mph through the train tressel on Wabamun and crashed and died.

They were idiots of course. The guy who had a beer in a tin boat is not your enemy. It's guys on sea doos and party boys in large ski boats that you should watch out for.

Is it time to put driving lanes on our lakes like they have in California?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Cool

the operator of the boat accident I mentioned claimed to have had 4 beer in the day and was operating a 20' fishing /pleasure craft. so you heard a story form your grandma who heard a story abought a a guy. must have been difficult to cope with the loss.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddd05 View Post
Yes you can have a beer on your boat, just don't get drunk and fall overboard. Also you'll want to steer clear of places with fish cops and all these nerds that say you can't.

There are nice secluded places away from the rule makers and ball busters to enjoy a beer and fishing, you just have to find them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deercrazy! View Post
Please all you holier than thou people the key word hear is moderation .If I want to have a couple beers while out enjoying a day fishing so be it if you want water and diet pop go ahead I don't need you telling what I can and can't do just like I would't tell you what you can and can't do. And yes we have had the fish cops at the boat and they don't even bat an eye at a couple beer in the boat like I said moderation is key. Now I can hardly wait to get out fishin , relax minding my own business and have a couple . See you on the water

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 AM

wonder if the local COs let you go if your keeping small walleyes in "moderation"
Old 05-11-2012, 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=ddddd05;1434111]

As for all the people saying have a beer back at camp. It's illegal to drink in campgrounds and public property. Unless your campsite is next to a bar or a buddy's cabin you're also breaking the law.

I believe you can drink in campgrounds as long as you keep it to your site unless the campground has zero tolerance for alcohol, which quite a few do have now on long weekends.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
So I know you are only having one
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddd05 View Post

You can definitely drink booze in campground but not in day use area.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
So if you pull of to a light and buddy next to you is having a beer while driving. do you call him in? probably just having one?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
So if you pull of to a light and buddy next to you is having a beer while driving. do you call him in? probably just having one?
Hopefully the person would be smart enough to know that a Pepsi can is slightly larger then a beer can and if you cut to bottom out you can slip the beer in and it looks like your drinking a pepsi......but you have to rip the tab off the beer can after you open it.....or else it doesn't fit quite right...........
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 PM

Default yoyo

pophouse man is the coolest person ever

happy
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
So I know you are only having one
You might not. But you could stay out of my business unless it is affecting you. I wouldn't hesitate calling in a drunk boater who is putting others at risk but I wouldn't call in a guy in a 12' aluminum enjoying a beer and a sandwich. Actually, better call the cops just in case!
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
If you can't see on your own how it's different, there is no point in me wasting my typing stamina trying to explain it.

BTW, I wouldn't call in a guy who left a restaurant after having a beer with lunch.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Boat must have cooking facility, and a toilet facility.
Check out the PCOC test and it will give you all the info you need to know and more.
And if you are operating the boat , no beer for you.
10 years in the CCGA Unit 7 Steveston(R)
Rob
Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You might not. But you could stay out of my business unless it is affecting you. I wouldn't hesitate calling in a drunk boater who is putting others at risk but I wouldn't call in a guy in a 12' aluminum enjoying a beer and a sandwich. Actually, better call the cops just in case!
Maybe you wouldnt but I will. Even if its a canoe. Check the stats, you might actually save his life. You dont need to drink on the water.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 PM

Why is is lawful to drink and drive in a golf cart?
Every year I float down the Red deer river either by canoe or a tube and like every one else floating down the river I'm sucking back beer. No motor, no big deal.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned

Gotta wonder what kind of example, "Having a couple cold ones" in the boat gives to your kids or other peoples kids.

They watch you having "2 or 3" and when they get older they only have, "5 or 6". etc
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfisher View Post
pophouse man is the coolest person ever

happy
Why thank you!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Default coors light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega21 View Post
I LOL'd
coors light - like sex on the beach -- f--kin near water. its ok to have a beer in the boat long as you use a pepsi can to cover it up . lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker View Post
its ok to have a beer in the boat long as you use a pepsi can to cover it up

X2
Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardfromedson View Post
i think the official law states" grow a set and try not to get caught"
section 2 of the law states"don't get stupid"
and section 3 states " if you cant handle your liquer leave it on shore"
and final section states "don't get the driver too drunk"
Perfect. As for the stats on drunk drownings, thats just natural selection. The weak and stupid should be allowed to perish.