Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Default Crawling Valley

Totally awesome day on Thursday. Between me and my son-in-law we caught over 30 keepers. Of those 30 ten were Walleye and they were good ones. A couple were caught on a Len Thompson yellow and red 5 of diamonds but the rest were all on silver and gold Williams Wabbler whitefish and a blue/silver/red Williams Wabbler spoon. Majority were on the troll. We spent most of the day fishing in light showers (one heavy) so were thankful we had rain gear. All were caught in 5 - 6 foot water. Kept 3 pike for a fish fry. Most pike were in the 5 - 8 pound range. Didn't come across any 10 pounders this time. Got pretty windy towards 3 pm but it was from the north so the trip back wasn't bad. A great place to test lures before the Lesser Slave Lake trip in June.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned

Nice post some pics plz, I hear that place is full of fish , i gotta try it sometime. how's the shore fishing there ?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 AM

I've never tried shore fishing at Crawling Valley. I have seen the odd person fishing from the dam by the campground and some on the west side of the lake but access is limited and mostly across private land. There are access roads through gas well sites but I have no idea if they are gated or not. Someone else on the board may be able to help you with contact information. Sorry, no pictures. We were too busy fishing.