Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: Should AO start an online ice derby?
Yes 108 77.14%
No 32 22.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 AM

bump
Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 AM

The Govt says

"Derby and Tournament Licensing
The licensing of organized fishing derbies and tournaments (Competitive Fishing Events or CFE’s) is required for events involving more than 25 participants. The type of licence depends on the number of participants and the value of prizes. The cost of all licences is $25 and will be issued only to organizers who are residents of Alberta. Best Management Practices have been developed and incorporated into licence conditions to reduce impacts on fish populations. Events with 25 or fewer participants do not require a licence, but organizers are encouraged to voluntarily register such events and to follow best management practices.
Non-competitive fishing events, any event where 26 or more people participate in angling for one or more consecutive days on a specified water, do not require a licence, if prizes are awarded for participation or random draw, not a fishing competition.
The CFE website, at mywildalberta.com, provides organizers with application and reporting forms, licence conditions, contact information, and information on how best to operate an event. "

You need to be organized - - - maybe?

Don
Old 11-26-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
Did you get something figured out. I don't think we need to register. Just make sure you have a copy of what ever is made up. We have 2 categories perch and RMWF that have sponsors. Sponsor a trophy you think your going to win.
yup i edited the original post, but ill post it again

just realized that this site only allowed certain files to be posted, so i could only post a pdf.

its not hard to make your own, as long as your handle is visible
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013-2014 AO Fishing Derby ID Card.pdf (97.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
The Govt says

The licensing of organized fishing derbies and tournaments (Competitive Fishing Events or CFE’s) is required for events involving more than 25 participants. The type of licence depends on the number of participants and the value of prizes. The cost of all licences is $25 and will be issued only to organizers who are residents of Alberta. Best Management Practices have been developed and incorporated into licence conditions to reduce impacts on fish populations. Events with 25 or fewer participants do not require a licence, but organizers are encouraged to voluntarily register such events and to follow best management practices.
Non-competitive fishing events, any event where 26 or more people participate in angling for one or more consecutive days on a specified water, do not require a licence, if prizes are awarded for participation or random draw, not a fishing competition.
The CFE website, at mywildalberta.com, provides organizers with application and reporting forms, licence conditions, contact information, and information on how best to operate an event. "

Don
since we arent all going out and meeting up to do this i assume we do not need to be licensed.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Govt says

Don
Given that there is no specific location or event, fees or prizes, I do not see how this would apply.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM

I have sent an email to mywildalberta. I let them know what are plans are and if we need a license. If you look at the forms they have you fill out for a derby, I'm sure we won't need a license. Don do you know if we need a license.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Given that there is no specific location or event, fees or prizes, I do not see how this would apply.
x10. License, shmicence. Everyone should post their real name that participates in the derby just so that their name is spelled correct on the plaque if they win.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 PM

I'm in. Quick read as long as no prizes (non competitive) and not to one specific water body we are fine.
I have not heard/ seen the mods are willing to make this a sticky, please give your input.
As the derby goes forward no entries smaller then currently entered not allowed.
I think to have multiple large fish per category would be hard as then we would have to enter fish that are smaller then the largest current size.
All legal retention allowed fish can be entered as long as they exceed current entered size/weight.
Since Applejax-Dago started this they should have final contact to verify winners, I know but someone needs to make the final decision. (This will help for the sideline bets) (ps I'm in)
To be fair Dec.1 to Mar.15 as it would not be fair for the people in the Deep South losing out on a couple of weeks fishing or if it is chinooking maybe even more.
The print out of the sheet looks good and must be used.
Legible tape measure and scale us a must. If Dago cannot verify then it does not count.
I'm off all through x-mast jus us gonna be fun....

Last edited by Who Da Fisherman; 11-26-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 11-27-2013, 09:21 AM

Thanks Don. If we are to be "Alberta Outdoorsmen" and responsible for the management of our natural resources, I agree we should follow all rules and laws, even if it's 'grey'.

Quote:
The Govt says

Don
Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 PM

I haven't heard back about a licence. So we are going to go ahead with the Dec.1 start. If we hear different we will deal with it. We will try and get the rules posted tonight.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Bump.

Is this on or still waiting for some license information?

I have some real hogs to submit but didn't want to if we haven't started!
Ok, maybe not, but I'm gonna! Honest!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:41 PM

its on. no license needed. I bet these are done on many forums
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
its on. no license needed. I bet these are done on many forums
How do I put my handle on the id jobber.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
I copied it to a word document and typed it in. Unless you have Adobe writer or equivalent program, you can't edit in the program.

I also changed the Orientation to Landscape so it was length wise.

Cheers
Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I copied it to a word document and typed it in. Unless you have Adobe writer or equivalent program, you can't edit in the program.

I also changed the Orientation to Landscape so it was length wise.

Cheers
what I read:

Garbble balrg dolfom gloop fioblre norp . Speaky the english (scots) please.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
what I read:

PM sent Fish Gunner.

You can also use the file I have attached to this post. Double click it, and save.

Print it off, and you are good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fish Gunner ID Card.pdf (162.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Gunner, I just printed it and wrote my handle with a sharpie. Made 2 and laminated them, or you could put it in a zip lock bag. AJ
Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
PM sent Fish Gunner.

You can also use the file I have attached to this post. Double click it, and save.

Print it off, and you are good to go.
Yup, that'll work. LOL

Sorry Gunner, next time I'll make it easier for you
Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
what I read:

Quote:
Yup, that'll work. LOL

Sorry Gunner, next time I'll make it easier for you
Wait...do you have a way to print it? I can if you need and drop it off, something tells me you're in Red Deer.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Banned

I'm out of printer ink and can't justify buying more to print one page. Can I just hand draw it and put my name on it?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
I'm out of printer ink and can't justify buying more to print one page. Can I just hand draw it and put my name on it?
As long as it is legible, I don't see why not Gust.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Don't forget the greatest trout
The brookie
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierroy View Post
Don't forget the greatest trout
The brookie
Your in the right area for that, best of luck!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Wait...do you have a way to print it? I can if you need and drop it off, something tells me you're in Red Deer.

Cheers,
Jay
I can dig that , I go on call fri so tomorrow eve would best btween 5-7. Will pm info .
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I can dig that , I go on call fri so tomorrow eve would best btween 5-7. Will pm info .
Sounds good.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJax View Post
As long as it is legible, I don't see why not Gust.
cool
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard back about a licence. So we are going to go ahead with the Dec.1 start. If we hear different we will deal with it. We will try and get the rules posted tonight.
Hey Dago how is that set of rules coming?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Hey Dago how is that set of rules coming?
There is a sticky on top of the page with rules and you can start posting your fish also....
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 AM

I still haven't heard anything from the SRD. The email was sent Nov.26. A reply would have been nice. So let the games begin. Great job on the rules coppercarbide. Lets keep this simple and fun. We are still looking for trophy sponsors. Perch and RMWF have sponsors.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I still haven't heard anything from the SRD. The email was sent Nov.26. A reply would have been nice. So let the games begin. Great job on the rules coppercarbide. Lets keep this simple and fun. We are still looking for trophy sponsors. Perch and RMWF have sponsors.
I will sponsor Lake Trout.