Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Default AO Gathering - Caroline

With the gathering being just over a week away it might be a good idea to get a better idea of who's actually coming. Now I will be going out there early ( probably Thurs ) to get some things set up and to get a bunch of wood together ...ect. Now if we do get quite a few people coming out we might have to change the location to a larger area as this one is pretty narrow( but it's not a problem - there are a few bigger spots just a few kms farther down the road ), we will have to get a better tally of who's actually coming. If we do change the location you will be notified accordingly and we will post some extra signs on the road to the spot. As it stands we have 10ish people confirmed and about 11 or so unsure on attendance. So please post or PM if your are going to make it out.

Here is a list of people who said they were coming

Sandalius
jts1
Michelle
Slingshotz
bushman53
Wayne Christie
TheFishermanGuy
flygirl
tonyflyfish
calgarygringo
Mr Dave

Here is a list of people interested but unsure if they can attend
I apologize if I missed anyone

nicemustang
redneck posse
BBJ
Rollie
ice hunter
Treeguy
DarkAisling
cujo1969
fishing flower
silent spectator
dmckay

There has been quite a bit of interest in this gathering and I'm happy to see so many people wanting to get together and share experiences with one and other. However as some of the recent happenings on the board and some of the comments and PM's I've received ( here are some samples - I'm an " azzhole " and " the bad apple ", " every post you put up wastes everybody's time ", but the best one is " people like you ruin sites like this for every one else " ) makes me wonder why I bother doing all this work to bring people together to share info and stories. I have met some first class people on here and I hope to meet more, unfortunately I cannot see this happening cause I'm pretty sure that after this gathering I will be done with this site. ( though it's not confirmed just yet ) The comments didn't hurt my feeling ( notice singular not plural )( and some might even be true ) I'm just sick and tired of all the Bull Sh!t that goes on here !!

So please - lets keep this thread on discussions about attendance, food, who's bringing what - things of that nature ----- save the rest for the gathering.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Default Ignore the &^*&%$#@#$$$'s

I was not going to get to the gathering but am going to see if I can swing it and will PM you.
I thank you for all teh work you do and its greatly appreciated!!! Many many thanks
Ignore the *******es etc as they will always surface from time to time because you can hide behind a computer if thats their desire.
Hope to see youthere
Chuck
Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM

X2 ignore the dicks, its unfortunate that just any clown who can type, and some who cant even do that very well, can get into a good forum like this one and try to ruin things for the good people. I will be there, should have some corn ready by then too so I will bring some of that along. I will leave early Thursday so should be there by noon or ish. I have a screen house I will bring so we can cover a table if someone has one in case it rains. Hopefully the squirrels arent like the gophers at PCR and eat holes in it too .

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM

Just a reminder the dates are !!!!! AUG 21, 22, 23 !!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Well I am going to be there for sure-as Steve and JTS know I don't like being late so will hopefully get up there Tues or Wed. I will park the trailer where I am told and will do my best to behave. If I am one of the ones messing this board up I will listen to one of the respected members (like Mr dominat wolf Steve). I sometimes get funny on here and maybe that is irriatting some. Some of the others are just a pain in my derrier.

I don't have much to offer the group but do have a 3 burner chief chef thingy and will haul the jon boat and a pontoon boat. Anyone is welcome to share this.

I am excited to meet some more of the crew.
Tony in Edm
Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 PM

oops

Last edited by tonyflyfish; 08-11-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 PM

I forget that I do have one thing to share-I am a non drinker but have a 40 oz Bailey's for your coffees.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Default Plans.....

Since we are getting close and I believe we talked of maybe another pot luck dinner how about those who are coming put in some ideas for food. Just so everyone doesn't bring the same things. My wife is my food person and would like to get going on her menu. We will be leaving after breakfast Thursday so should be there by late morning. Just bringing the trailer this time and maybe do some stream fishin so the wife can ride shotgun.
I will have my 4k genny with me if anyone needs power to cook or anything special as well as the 3 burner campchef. I see Tony has as well. Let's try to figure it out as the last time was an awesme dinner. How about any other ideas. Last time a couple of us did filet fish demos. Any other informative ideas would be great.
P.S. to Steve: Awesome job last time and was well appreciated. My dogs probably don't know where they came frome but their moose sicles are a favorite treat right now.....

Ken
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 PM

I also have a Honda 3000 somthing or other that anyone can hook up to. I would like to participate in the pot luck. I will bring anything I am told or can offer to do somthing. Should someone coordinate this? Steve is doing a lot already, I nominate Ken-all in favor say "I".
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM

like I mentioned, I can bring corn, and salad greens for sure. and some more "better than Hutterite" spuds too.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Default I could do that.

How about send me a pm and I will try to keep and updated list in one spot on the board so we know what we have. I will just edit the list to try to keep it up to date. I will be away camping in Bragg creek area from tomorrow morning until friday afternoon but can update before and after.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:14 PM

guess i'm not part of even the maybe pile :P guess you're hoping to keep your trailers safe
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
guess i'm not part of even the maybe pile :P guess you're hoping to keep your trailers safe
Well actually I did forget to write your name down , however I knew if you made it out - you would be bunking with Michelle and wouldn't have an extra vehicle there.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 PM

does Michelle know this???lol
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Default So are you?

So are you coming or still on the maybe pile as I saw a few days back????
Old 08-11-2009, 11:43 PM

OK to keep things simple - everything that's food related go to calgarygringo's
page ( here's the link )

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38954

For everthing else such as attendance, who's bringing what ....ect - post it here or PM me
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
does Michelle know this???lol
She is your friend - didn't you ask her ???
Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 PM

Will be there with camper on truck prob thur also.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM

i wont find out until tomorrow if i can go or not...Michelle knows i want to but i'm not sure she wants another dent in her trailer...dont know where i put the first one...
Old 08-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Well, I wish I could attend but I have other stuff scheduled. If it turns out anything like the one at PCR, it will be a great time....guaranteed. I was going to say please keep me in mind for the next one, but after reading what has been going on, it sounds like there may not be a "next one". I really hope that isn't the case because I was really looking forward to a one-day ice fishing get-together somewhere this winter.

It baffles me why someone would want to trash somebody else for taking the lead and arranging such an excellent gathering. So I guess to those of you that are doing the whining and complaining, I say, "STAY HOME!" The people I met at the PCR gathering were excellent and I would fish with them anywhere...anytime.

So to those that are going to Caroline...have a great time and best of luck with the weather and the fishing!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Unfortunatly you can wipe my name off the list, seems I have to wk. Too bad as I was really looking forward to it.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 AM

Smile Stream fishing

Hi all I am learning about stream fishing with an open faced spinning rod in the Caroline area and plan on fishing hard August 20-22. My wife and I might be interested in joining you guys, but I don't fly fish. Is that kind of fishing frowned upon.

Last edited by herb; 08-13-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
Hi all I am learning about stream fishing with an open faced spinning rod in the Caroline area and plan on fishing hard August 20-22. My wife and I might be interested in joining you guys, but I don't fly fish. Is that kind of fishing frowned upon.
feel free to join us, there are no fishing snobs in this group. I spin too, sometimes even when Im fishing!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb View Post
This group is all about FRIENDSHIP and learning new and different ways of fishing.
I both flyfish and baitfish and Im not a snob when I do either. I treat everyone the same, with respect, when Im doing either. There will be a lot of people there that spinfish and some that will flyfish. Your more than welcome but let Sundalus know you are going if your bringing a camper. This gathering will be a lot of fun. Just be careful of the spinning wayne, especialy after dark
Old 08-13-2009, 08:41 AM

To all whom may comment on the BAITFISH line, dont bother, Im from N.B. what can I sayLOLOLOL. Spinfish
Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 AM

i am a snob! i sometime spin fish somtimes bait fish and sometimes just join the group for friendship and bull ****. actually watching my flyfish is a comdey show so please come along and enjoy.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Suspended User

Certainly looking forward to this. I have to work Friday and plan on making it Saturday in A.M.. I will need a medium sized site.

As for the idiots who knock people down on here, they should come to this gathering and see what we are about. I, too, have came close to deleting myself from here. But I keep coming back.?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you Wayne, Flygirl and Tony. I'm not sure how long I can stick around after my fishing trip as my wife may not be able to get Thurs and Fri off. I would like to meet up with someone knowledgeable about stream fishing the Caroline area Thursday afternoon to share a favorite fishing spot(I have a doosy) and fish with that evening or EARLY Friday morning, or both. Maybe we could head to the get together afterwards and contribute our catch to the evening meal before I head back to Edmonton. Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Herb Im always up for some stream fishing, I will be there around noon Thursday. Picked up a pack of Panther Martins, probably give them a go, I seem to catch a few on those, and maybe use my favorite whitefish weapon as well.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM

I will be going if i can find a way there friday after work....or saturday but friday night is the earliest i can go...