Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
Naw, the Internet's not the problem. I think your delivery is a bit off today... just my opinion.
....you are just saying that to TyreeUM because he is caucasian....

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
actually I'm white!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:

LC
whats caucasian? a mew breed of "AZN's"
i know noob question
Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
whats caucasian? a mew breed of "AZN's"
i know noob question
you can't be serious...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
actually I'm white!
...bigot

I thought you put the cauc in caucasian?

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
you can't be serious...
ya im series...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

wow
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 PM
grind stone

ah thanks everyone .
Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM

All I can say is LMFAO.

This thread is good for a laugh. It really, truely is.

FH7 a caucasian is an asian with a bigger cau.. nevermind

In all seriousness, caucasian means white person, to put it simply.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
All I can say is LMFAO.

This thread is good for a laugh. It really, truely is.

FH7 a caucasian is an asian with a bigger cau.. nevermind

In all seriousness, caucasian means white person, to put it simply.
haha gotcha
Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Sorry FH7, i am still laughing about this!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
Sundance, this thread is dying, but if you want me to answer the first question about descriptions and such... then I will. Although it'll just create more drama on this thread.

My post about poaching was relative. I stated that I'd like to see all poachers caught and fined. I'd love to see an end to all poaching activity. But my original problem with this thread was how it started and escalated about Filipinos. To me, the general disdain for certain ethnicities is a still a big problem in Canadian culture and that's more important to me than 8 inch stocked fish.

So I wasn't arguing about poaching. I agree that it's wrong and we should all call it in. But to keep bringing up poaching as an excuse to stereotype and promote bigotry... well that's what I have a problem with.
I appreciate you want to stop all poaching. Then you are on everyone's A list for that fact.

The point one group of posters is saying is that whether it is a German guy, white guy, Hispanic guy, one guy with crutches, a guy that is 7 feet tall, a flyfisherman or a bait caster...I believe the intent of the OP is to flag this area as a poaching problem and list a good description of those responsible at the time of the event. Now maybe he can not say this or describe this in a general enough description to help others spot them. Or maybe it can not be said in a subtle enough fashion to both explain in enough detail yet not let you assume the OP or others are racist but that is something for you to potentially over come. I quite frankly am not racist. I am an antipoacherist. I have caught everyone poaching regardless of sex, age, skin color or accent...

If I saw a German guy, or an old white couple or a young Asian fellow poaching and I wanted to make sure those responsible where singled out so that others visiting that area could keep an eye on them and report them I would describe them as such. To be honest...a lot of people tend to be trusting and may not have that curious eye to spot odd suspicious behavior. Once people know what to look for then they can watch for it and report it. If anyone regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, fishing method poaches...they should be reported. If I was fishing there...I would watch for them... and others as well and I would have a good idea what to watch for. These guys if they are breaking the law should then have the Fish Cops called on them. If it happens enough...any poacher will learn...at least not to poach there. The kids will also learn...daddy got in trouble.

This premise means...report what you see. Boot. Do you see any fundamental problem in the original poster telling F&W the description in this case was a Filipino family or just telling the forum?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 PM

i had a wonderful day of fishing
I see by the members engaged in this thread, that the Bate's motel has been unmanaged all day...hahhhahahahahhhahahahah

Heres my take.....the whole story is suspicious.....2 people were at the same pond at the same time and witnessed different events........not RAP material

For those who dont think the way the OP told the story...is NOT racist....continue to buy tickets for the short bus. Some people have to lighten up...but the original story is a blatant example of a racist. Why is there no ethnic discription of the other offenders?

and lastly my guess is the Beardedtoefish
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Sorry FH7, i am still laughing about this!
haha its alright
good job on your part dace
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I appreciate you want to stop all poaching. Then you are on everyone's A list for that fact.

The point one group of posters is saying is that whether it is a German guy, white guy, Hispanic guy, one guy with crutches, a guy that is 7 feet tall, a flyfisherman or a bait caster...I believe the intent of the OP is to flag this area as a poaching problem and list a good description of those responsible at the time of the event. Now maybe he can not say this or describe this in a general enough description to help others spot them. Or maybe it can not be said in a subtle enough fashion to both explain in enough detail yet not let you assume the OP or others are racist but that is something for you to potentially over come. I quite frankly am not racist. I am an antipoacherist. I have caught everyone poaching regardless of sex, age, skin color or accent...

If I saw a German guy, or an old white couple or a young Asian fellow poaching and I wanted to make sure those responsible where singled out so that others visiting that area could keep an eye on them and report them I would describe them as such. To be honest...a lot of people tend to be trusting and may not have that curious eye to spot odd suspicious behavior. Once people know what to look for then they can watch for it and report it. If anyone regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, fishing method poaches...they should be reported. If I was fishing there...I would watch for them... and others as well and I would have a good idea what to watch for. These guys if they are breaking the law should then have the Fish Cops called on them. If it happens enough...any poacher will learn...at least not to poach there. The kids will also learn...daddy got in trouble.

This premise means...report what you see. Boot. Do you see any fundamental problem in the original poster telling F&W the description in this case was a Filipino family or just telling the forum?

cowchit...did you read the thread sun?
from his report give me the race of the other offenders.

please dont dazzle me with your 1000 word essays
Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
cowchit...did you read the thread sun?
from his report give me the race of the other offenders.

please dont dazzle me with your 1000 word essays
if they aint AZN they were WYT....who else fishes?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
if they aint AZN they were WYT....who else fishes?
................................... I give up.....but im guessing poachers are having a good year in AB. because most anglers either dont understand how to use RAP.....or are just blow hard tough guys.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 PM

by posting one persons race, then describing two similar events without race included makes the original post a racist post. thats all i got to say about these 6 pages!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm confused. How bringing the kids increases the daily limit?

I cant find the location in the regs but if I go with my kid fishing. We can only catch 5 for both of us (since he does not have licence).

I mean, if he got 3 fish. I can only get two then.

Am I wrong on this interpretation?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granrey View Post

I cant find the location in the regs but if I go with my kid fishing. We can only catch 5 for both of us (since he does not have licence).

its 5 each. hes a kid, kids dont need a license, but still have to follow regs! been disscussed on this thread already.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Yes you can each catch and keep 5 fish for a total of ten if you choose...but you cannot catch and keep 7 (you would be 2 over limit) and he catch and keep 3 (he is still able to catch and keep 2 more) for a total of 10....supposed to be 5 and 5 as the regs are written. If he is under 16 or over 65 you do not need to purchase a license.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 06-28-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
but you cannot catch and keep 7 (you would be 2 over limit)

LC
But on the early posts of this tread is mentioned that by bringing their kids they can keep more.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
But on the early posts of this tread is mentioned that by bringing their kids they can keep more.
by lieing and telling fishcops that he caught 5, his son caught 5, and his 4 month old daughter caught the other 5.........get the picture? you yourself cant catch 7.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 PM

I am almost certain it's not a brown trout...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
by lieing and telling fishcops that he caught 5, his son caught 5, and his 4 month old daughter caught the other 5.........get the picture? you yourself cant catch 7.
I dont get the picture. They are not following the regulation.

Do you mean, they want to allege ignorance? like saying that they did not know the kids kept the fish?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM

NO.....

So if a guy goes alone...he keeps 5...all legal. He can keep fishing C&R rest of the night if he wants.

So he brings his family THEY DON'T FISH AT ALL, they don't "man" any of the multiple rods....he keeps 15....he as an individual is 10 over his limit....but gets around it by stating the kids caught them....

The five limit is PER fisherman....not PER person present while fish are caught. If you take your 5 year old kid and he doesn't fish at all and you keep 10 fish you are breaking the law...you are 5 fish over your limit.

Make sense?

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
NO.....

So if a guy goes alone...he keeps 5...all legal

So he brings his family THEY DON'T FISH AT ALL, they don't "man" any of the multiple rods....he keeps 15....he as an individual is 10 over his limit....but gets around it by stating the kids caught them....

LC
Sorry man, be patience with me. I'm new into fishing.

Ok, lets say the kids are fishing. My kid caught and kept 5 and I caught and kept 5. Thats 5 over the limit right?

I dont see a difference between I caught 10 with two rods and say my kid caught and kept 5 and I caught and kept 5. That's still 5 over the limit.

I'm not interested in poaching but I dont see how taking your kid is back door to increase your daily limit.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Ok, lets say the kids are fishing. My kid caught and kept 5 and I caught and kept 5. Thats 5 over the limit right? No this is perfectly legal the limit is 5 per fisherman...provided you caught 5 and your kid caught 5 its all legal, kids under 16 need not buy a license but they can fish

I dont see a difference between I caught 10 with two rods and say my kid caught and kept 5 and I caught and kept 5. That's still 5 over the limit.
The limit is per FISHERMAN...you go to the pond and your kid doesn't fish say he plays at the park, but you bring 2 rods...and he doesn't use one but you set both out in the water and fish...you are fishing with 2 lines (its illegal). So now you fish with 2 rods...and you retain 10 fish...because your kid didn't catch them you caught all 10 you are 5 over your limit

I'm not interested in poaching but I dont see how taking your kid is back door to increase your daily limit.It is back door if you catch your kids limit and he doesnt fish...but you bring him along to increase the limit and if asked you say you caught 5 he caught 5...
[

No worries we all start somewhere and I would like to help you understand it.

The other thing is your daily limit and your possesion limit are the same....so you cannot catch 5 every single day and stockpile them in your freezer. Once you have 5 ....you can still go fishing but you cannot retain any till you use up the ones you have at home.

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Ok, lets say the kids are fishing. My kid caught and kept 5 and I caught and kept 5. Thats 5 over the limit right?

I'm not interested in poaching but I dont see how taking your kid is back door to increase your daily limit.
you are over 16, you need a license, you buy a license, you can keep 5 fish that day, your kid is under 16, he doesnt need a license, he catches 5 fish that day, you take home 10 fish, get mercury poisoning, and everyone goes to bed full. all legal

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

WOW with all this Asian, Philippino and Caucasian bashing i'm really glad i'm black.
Closed Thread