Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Default Three Weeks and Counting

Well, the plans are in place. The backpack is already packed and ready to go. The emergency back plans are good to go....and the fishing rod and travel lure kit is alllll ready. Its the 3rd annual "Mantrip" as we so lovingly refer to it as. Now its just counting down the days. July 23rd myself and 3 of my closest pals are gone for 8 days into the back country. Only rules are 1. No tents 2. Maximum weight allowable is a 30 pound pack. Looking forward to a good challenge and some good fishing.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 PM

8 days in the backcountry with no tent? Playing survivorman are we? Hope it doesn't rain and you bring lots of bug spray. Have fun...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Well, the plans are in place. The backpack is already packed and ready to go. The emergency back plans are good to go....and the fishing rod and travel lure kit is alllll ready. Its the 3rd annual "Mantrip" as we so lovingly refer to it as. Now its just counting down the days. July 23rd myself and 3 of my closest pals are gone for 8 days into the back country. Only rules are 1. No tents 2. Maximum weight allowable is a 30 pound pack. Looking forward to a good challenge and some good fishing.
This sounds like an AWESOME time!! I really want to start doing something like this annually.. unfortunately I can only think of maybe 1 person who would be willing to do it with me.

Have fun, be safe.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM

Yes rain always sets us back a bit, but we have learned proper shelter building over the last two years. We usually stay pretty comfortable.

And yes, it is a great time. Great way for buddies to have our "guy time". Really is a great experience. Ill post pictures of our adventures this year.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM

Nice! can't wait to see the Pics!! have a good safe trip

NEVER get between Electricity and where it wants to go!