Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-15-2024, 06:11 PM
AxeMan's Avatar
AxeMan AxeMan is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,162
Default

Saw on the news. In Tehran, the women and kids are dancing in the streets trampling on and burning Israel flags and celebrating the attack and calling for more missiles. These will be the same "poor innocent women and children" that losers like Heather Hamas McPherson (NDP) sympathize over when revenge is served, just like she is doing in Gaza now.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-15-2024, 06:33 PM
Erik's Avatar
Erik Erik is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edm
Posts: 1,299
Default

The trouble as I see it is that Iran has enough fissile material for 3 bombs at this point according to some sources. The attack on Israel is not as simple as just retaliation for the embassy bombing. It is an existential crisis for Israel if Iran has made the leap or is using this a justification to do so. Hence the waffling from the US, I gather.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-15-2024, 07:48 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Saw on the news. In Tehran, the women and kids are dancing in the streets trampling on and burning Israel flags and celebrating the attack and calling for more missiles. These will be the same "poor innocent women and children" that losers like Heather Hamas McPherson (NDP) sympathize over when revenge is served, just like she is doing in Gaza now.
We had plenty of the same armholes dancing on the streets of Toronto….
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-15-2024, 08:16 PM
fishnguy fishnguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,854
Default

David Cameron, the Brit’s foreign secretary delivering the laughs today:

https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status...79427288645786

For those who don’t have Twitter account, the brief:

Interviewer: Is it bad judgement to hit Iranian sovereign territory in Damascus?
Cameron: It is something the Israelis decided to do and he completely understands the decision and their frustration.
Interviewer: What about Iran’s frustration about their sovereign territory being flattened?
Cameron: There is a massive degree of difference between what Israel did and what Iran did. For the first time a state on state attack. Reckless and dangerous thing for Iran to have done.
Interviewer: What would we do if a hostile nation flattened our consulate?
Cameron: Well, we would take a very strong action.
Interviewer: And Iran would say that that’s what they did.
Cameron: What Iran did, as I said, was a massive attack.
Interviewer: So what you are saying is that they had a right to respond, but they overreacted?
Cameron: Well the attack was on a massive scale, much larger than what Israel did.
Interviewer: But they have a right to respond…
Cameron: Countries have a right to respond when they feel an aggression, of course they do. But look at the scale of that response… There could have been thousands of civilian casualties.

You can’t make this stuff up, really. I mean this is pretty great entertainment.

In a wider interview, he also said that that Israel should call it square and not retaliate.

Here is what Britain or the US would have done. The attack on foreign embassy is considered to be an attack on that state directly because embassies are generally, as the interviewer properly called it, sovereign territories of the states. So not only the UK or the US would start flattening the perpetrator state the same or the next day, they would also invoke article 5 of the Treaty and then continue levelling the place together with the NATO coalition. Is this even debatable?

Anyway, I thought it was extremely hilarious. Especially in light of what Israel is doing in Gaza and what Cameron said there in the last sentence, lol. He also said in the wider interview that Israel should switch his focus and continue in Gaza, lol. People are insane. It’s like he is delivering statements from another planet or something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff
.......
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
roper1 roper1 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wheatland County
Posts: 5,690
Default

The launch failure of a bunch of the Iranian rockets must give Israel some confidence. Blowing up on the launch pad or in mid-flight might be some of Israel's success in avoiding damage. However, if I was Israel, I'd be nervous Iran could get the A-team gathered to send a big one.
__________________
If you're not a Liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a Conservative when you're old, you have no brain. Winston Churchill

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-15-2024, 09:16 PM
Grizzly Adams1 Grizzly Adams1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
The launch failure of a bunch of the Iranian rockets must give Israel some confidence. Blowing up on the launch pad or in mid-flight might be some of Israel's success in avoiding damage. However, if I was Israel, I'd be nervous Iran could get the A-team gathered to send a big one.
The way I see it, Iran has cornered the drone market, most of the ones fired by the Russians appear to come from there as well. An Israeli strike at production facilities might kill two birds with one stone.
__________________
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there is no place, that they be alone in the midst of the Earth.

Isaiah 5:8
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-15-2024, 09:37 PM
coolpete1 coolpete1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: in the woods , finally !
Posts: 1,419
Default

with out some serious help iran will squish israel , maybe its time israel quits while its ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-15-2024, 09:56 PM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
with out some serious help iran will squish israel , maybe its time israel quits while its ahead.
If Israel thought that they were going to lose, they would nuke whoever was attacking them. So even if Iran could destroy them, they would also lose. And even Iran has to realize that.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-15-2024, 10:58 PM
fishnguy fishnguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
The way I see it, Iran has cornered the drone market, most of the ones fired by the Russians appear to come from there as well. An Israeli strike at production facilities might kill two birds with one stone.
Pretty sure the Russians have set up their own facility(ies?) to manufacture these drones. Not only that, they improved them greatly. In spite of a lot of… basically what we now know to be false information about it a year or so ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff
.......
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-15-2024, 11:07 PM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If Israel thought that they were going to lose, they would nuke whoever was attacking them. So even if Iran could destroy them, they would also lose. And even Iran has to realize that.
Given free reign Israel would absolutely annihilate Iran. They've wanted to for a long time now and may just happen yet
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-15-2024, 11:14 PM
fishnguy fishnguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Given free reign Israel would absolutely annihilate Iran. They've wanted to for a long time now and may just happen yet
Remove the nukes and the American and some of the other support (don’t even need to remove all of it) and Israel would lose bigly every time. Knowing fully well that the support is there to stay no matter what, basically, Israel feels it is entitled to “reign free” for the most part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff
.......
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-15-2024, 11:19 PM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Remove the nukes and the American and some of the other support (don’t even need to remove all of it) and Israel would lose bigly every time. Knowing fully well that the support is there to stay no matter what, basically, Israel feels it is entitled to “reign free” for the most part.
Yeah ok lol

https://twitter.com/HilzFuld/status/...x1Emku8cAGlYkE
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-15-2024, 11:25 PM
fishnguy fishnguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,854
Default

I guess we will agree to disagree, lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff
.......
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:01 AM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 8,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Given free reign Israel would absolutely annihilate Iran. They've wanted to for a long time now and may just happen yet
You have to think Israel is getting tired of terrorist countries attacking them. A nuclear attack on Tehran would likely give pause to other terrorist producing countries and groups.

BW
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:02 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Remove the nukes and the American and some of the other support (don’t even need to remove all of it) and Israel would lose bigly every time. Knowing fully well that the support is there to stay no matter what, basically, Israel feels it is entitled to “reign free” for the most part.
Israel has their own nukes, that they won't willingly give up, because they know that nobody is stupid enough to go all out to wipe them out, as long as they have those nukes.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:15 AM
Grizzly Adams1 Grizzly Adams1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Israel has their own nukes, that they won't willingly give up, because they know that nobody is stupid enough to go all out to wipe them out, as long as they have those nukes.
Look what happened after the Ukrainians gave up their nukes, they held a good proportion of those in the soviet Union.
__________________
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there is no place, that they be alone in the midst of the Earth.

Isaiah 5:8
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:33 AM
Ackleyman Ackleyman is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Strathmore
Posts: 1,422
Default

Turned on Fox News for the first time in probably a year. They were showing these A holes in Michigan chanting "Death To America" Later in show they showed two woman running their mouths threatning to kill people The one got a bunch of charges against her. The balls of these scumbags ! Come to US to hopefully have a better life and you pull this crap ? Later some guy ,congressman ? said they are domestic treasonist terrorist and just deport them outta the country without delay. Couldnt agree more , they are evil losers. PUNT.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-16-2024, 09:00 AM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Turned on Fox News for the first time in probably a year. They were showing these A holes in Michigan chanting "Death To America" Later in show they showed two woman running their mouths threatning to kill people The one got a bunch of charges against her. The balls of these scumbags ! Come to US to hopefully have a better life and you pull this crap ? Later some guy ,congressman ? said they are domestic treasonist terrorist and just deport them outta the country without delay. Couldnt agree more , they are evil losers. PUNT.
I'd give them a free boat ride out about 5 miles from shore and let them swim home
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-16-2024, 09:07 AM
KC1 KC1 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: southern alberta
Posts: 455
Default

The story with Iran (Persia in the Bible) is far from being over.
Even if today Israel destroyed ALL their nuclear sites the Bible is clear about Persia joining Russia in the coming Ezekiel 38 war.
So either we hit them hard and they’ll wait for Russia to lead the way for them to pay us back or we will see more exchange of punches in the coming weeks.
What I am trying to say is simple: There is no scenario where we hit them and it’s over for good.
Know your Bible and find peace in God’s full control!

Psalm 20

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”
*
אֵ֣לֶּה בָ֖רֶכֶב וְאֵ֣לֶּה בַסּוּסִ֑ים וַֽאֲנַ֓חְנוּ בְּשֵׁם־יְהֹוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵ֣ינוּ נַזְכִּֽיר:
__________________
Heaven and Hell are real, and we're going to one of them
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-16-2024, 11:56 AM
Grizzly Adams1 Grizzly Adams1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
We had plenty of the same armholes dancing on the streets of Toronto….
Pro Palestinians apparently vandalized a book store in Calgary. The "were escorted out of the store".
__________________
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there is no place, that they be alone in the midst of the Earth.

Isaiah 5:8
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-16-2024, 12:09 PM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Pro Palestinians apparently vandalized a book store in Calgary. The "were escorted out of the store".
And Gondek will probably make sure that no charges result for the vandalism.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-16-2024, 12:35 PM
Neveralone Neveralone is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 300 Wmu's
Posts: 6
Default Not to worry

Our Pm will share his wisdom and get every one to play nice in the sand box. Like he has done here in Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-16-2024, 01:00 PM
trailraat trailraat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Given free reign Israel would absolutely annihilate Iran. They've wanted to for a long time now and may just happen yet
I don't think this is true. Yes Israel could nuke parts of Iran, but defending your country and projecting power are two completely different things.

Look how hard of a time Russia, who previously would have been considered one of the top 3 militaries in the world, has had in Ukraine.

The Americans are realistically the only military that has the capability to project power at this point.

China is certainly making strides, but without aircraft carriers and a global network of bases they can't do much outside their own borders.

Also China prefers diplomatic and economic war - that war they are winning.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-16-2024, 01:19 PM
fishtank fishtank is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 3,873
Default

In response trudeau will send billions to Israel, then open Canadas door to refugees from Iran .
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-16-2024, 02:37 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Turned on Fox News for the first time in probably a year. They were showing these A holes in Michigan chanting "Death To America" Later in show they showed two woman running their mouths threatning to kill people The one got a bunch of charges against her. The balls of these scumbags ! Come to US to hopefully have a better life and you pull this crap ? Later some guy ,congressman ? said they are domestic treasonist terrorist and just deport them outta the country without delay. Couldnt agree more , they are evil losers. PUNT.
We have the same group dancing and chanting “ We are your men, Sinwar” in a downtown Montreal yesterday…
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-16-2024, 02:38 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
The story with Iran (Persia in the Bible) is far from being over.
Even if today Israel destroyed ALL their nuclear sites the Bible is clear about Persia joining Russia in the coming Ezekiel 38 war.
So either we hit them hard and they’ll wait for Russia to lead the way for them to pay us back or we will see more exchange of punches in the coming weeks.
What I am trying to say is simple: There is no scenario where we hit them and it’s over for good.
Know your Bible and find peace in God’s full control!

Psalm 20

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”
*
אֵ֣לֶּה בָ֖רֶכֶב וְאֵ֣לֶּה בַסּוּסִ֑ים וַֽאֲנַ֓חְנוּ בְּשֵׁם־יְהֹוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵ֣ינוּ נַזְכִּֽיר:
Oy vey!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-16-2024, 02:42 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Remove the nukes and the American and some of the other support (don’t even need to remove all of it) and Israel would lose bigly every time. Knowing fully well that the support is there to stay no matter what, basically, Israel feels it is entitled to “reign free” for the most part.
Entitled to reign free? You must be kidding or totally oblivious! Israel is fighting for its survival! Not for colonies, not for some political agenda or somebody’s else natural resources- SURVIVAL!
Think about it….
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-16-2024, 03:06 PM
Fradaburidi Fradaburidi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
In response trudeau will send billions to Israel, then open Canadas door to refugees from Iran .
I wouldn't expect less from him.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-16-2024, 03:47 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
In response trudeau will send billions to Israel, then open Canadas door to refugees from Iran .
Obama sent billions to Iran, so did Biden. Too bad they didn’t take any refugees from Israel….
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-16-2024, 04:02 PM
JD848 JD848 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Remove the nukes and the American and some of the other support (don’t even need to remove all of it) and Israel would lose bigly every time. Knowing fully well that the support is there to stay no matter what, basically, Israel feels it is entitled to “reign free” for the most part.
Really , Israel has allies and there not going no where . If Canada was Attacked what we do ,send the horses out with clubs to trample the enemy like the turd did, except they attacked there fellow country men ,crime of the century by our own PM .

Israel wants to be left alone .period .Reign Free is way off ,worst post yet .

Just like you in your home . No one has the right to attack you in your home and burn your children .

Send all those that think Israel has done them wrong in this country ,out .no return. You would be surprised by the number and there not all from the middle east .

Cheers

Last edited by JD848; 04-16-2024 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.