Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:16 AM
Irina Irina is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Sounds to me like they are planning the next plandemic...probably introduce it this fall...
They all ready have a "juice" ready for the masses. Of course it hasn't been used in humans but it's safe and effective.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:26 AM
BC7stw BC7stw is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central B.C.
Posts: 196
Default

Saw last year somewhere that Trudeau wanted climate added to the treaty. Meanwhile they are opening admitting doing weather experiments, I’m sure they aren’t to make it rain etc. If this guy asks for something in that treaty, look out, it ain’t to help us.

Now just to stretch this one a little further, is a climate, “health emergency” worthy of lock downs ……….hmm………. Wouldn’t put it past them, maybe stall the election …….. naw……… sounds to much like a conspiracy theory.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:28 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Sounds to me like they are planning the next plandemic...probably introduce it this fall...
They have to test the new treaty, to see what kind of resistance that they might run into, so they can make plans to deal with anyone that resists.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:43 AM
Irina Irina is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC7stw View Post
Saw last year somewhere that Trudeau wanted climate added to the treaty. Meanwhile they are opening admitting doing weather experiments, I’m sure they aren’t to make it rain etc. If this guy asks for something in that treaty, look out, it ain’t to help us.

Now just to stretch this one a little further, is a climate, “health emergency” worthy of lock downs ……….hmm………. Wouldn’t put it past them, maybe stall the election …….. naw……… sounds to much like a conspiracy theory.
Justin already said he will be looking into using the same type of lockdowns and restrictions for the climate crisis that was used for the scamdemic. He openly stated it. All these conspiracies are coming true.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-16-2024, 07:58 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 24,775
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
And your money for nothing and chicks for free…….
Just cranked it up powering through a crossfit session....thx.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:21 AM
Fradaburidi Fradaburidi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
We didn't vote for the WHO, or the UN or the WEF to rule our country
Maybe they can rule it better than currently is.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:25 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fradaburidi View Post
Maybe they can rule it better than currently is.
Who do you think Trudeau takes his orders from?
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 18,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Been saying this since he started trolling the Covid thread

This is one of AOs fine trolls that has actually caused contributing members to be banned well contributing zero outdoors related content
I believe he is actually a medical professional. Lots of people fish and are members… but likely have never posted about fishing.

As for this vote thingy… as presented by a few it sounds ludicrous. Will need to read more. I’m not a fan of WHO… other than the band.

https://leslynlewismp.ca/2024/01/17/...ndemic-Treaty?

First look and I’m neither in favour nor impressed. WHO was a big screw up in handling Covid and giving them any power over Canada is not what I want.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 04-16-2024 at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:53 AM
Fradaburidi Fradaburidi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Who do you think Trudeau takes his orders from?
I don't think he takes orders from anybody and maybe that's the problem.

I think he truly believes that all the BS others come up with is good. Especially good for Canadians. At least for the one he knows and is willing to listen to.

I couldn't agree more with Kevin O'Leary saying that Canada is a rich country run by idiots.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-16-2024, 08:57 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I believe he is actually a medical professional. Lots of people fish and are members… but likely have never posted about fishing.

As for this vote thingy… as presented by a few it sounds ludicrous. Will need to read more. I’m not a fan of WHO… other than the band.

https://leslynlewismp.ca/2024/01/17/...ndemic-Treaty?

First look and I’m neither in favour nor impressed. WHO was a big screw up in handling Covid and giving them any power over Canada is not what I want.
Never said he didn’t work in the medical field but stated he has contributed 0 fishing, hunting, or outdoors related posts on a forum that is for outdoorsman

He has trolled on political or Covid based threads and nothing more. These are the kinds of people who have caused members who actually contribute to outdoors related topics to leave and be banned

But whatever this place will continue to decline in numbers keeping trolls around
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-16-2024, 09:19 AM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Never said he didn’t work in the medical field but stated he has contributed 0 fishing, hunting, or outdoors related posts on a forum that is for outdoorsman

He has trolled on political or Covid based threads and nothing more. These are the kinds of people who have caused members who actually contribute to outdoors related topics to leave and be banned

But whatever this place will continue to decline in numbers keeping trolls around
Him and the other "medical professional" scott do not paint the profession in a positive light. It's too bad
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-16-2024, 09:53 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,355
Default

When I joined AO, pretty much everyone came here to discuss hunting ,shooting,fishing, trapping etc . Unfortunately the demographics have changed, and more and more people come here to argue politics, covid, unions, etc. Several people that came here to discuss the outdoors either got frustrated and were driven off, or they just decided not to bother and left on their own. And now most of us end up getting involved in the non outdoors topics, like this one, but at least some of us still contribute some hunting, shooting, fishing
posts.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-16-2024, 10:24 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Him and the other "medical professional" scott do not paint the profession in a positive light. It's too bad
Luckily I know a lot of good people in the field and don’t judge them based on how theses guys portray those in the field
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-16-2024, 10:32 AM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Luckily I know a lot of good people in the field and don’t judge them based on how theses guys portray those in the field
As do I and you are right, there are so many good people in the field it makes us very lucky to have them. Actually have been medical professionals in my family since long before I was born so same as you, I disregard the bad apples
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-16-2024, 10:37 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When I joined AO, pretty much everyone came here to discuss hunting ,shooting,fishing, trapping etc . Unfortunately the demographics have changed, and more and more people come here to argue politics, covid, unions, etc. Several people that came here to discuss the outdoors either got frustrated and were driven off, or they just decided not to bother and left on their own. And now most of us end up getting involved in the non outdoors topics, like this one, but at least some of us still contribute some hunting, shooting, fishing
posts.
There was a time I was trying to encourage more to post outdoors related content but It didn’t do any good
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-16-2024, 10:57 AM
Fradaburidi Fradaburidi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And now most of us end up getting involved in the non outdoors topics, like this one
As far as I can see you get involved a lot in a lot of these topics and have strong opinions.

Fishing is mostly closed so maybe there is nothing else better to do.

At least we don't have topics where we post pictures of cats or the food we ate or do we?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-16-2024, 11:15 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 24,775
Default

I see it as a general discussion thread and as long as the discussions fall within the rules, make our mods lives easier than so be it. Some enjoy the outdoors but really have nothing to do with hunting, fishing, etc but enjoy the general thread to discuss topics like politics, covid or even that horrible thread like "BACON"....
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-16-2024, 11:34 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 45,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fradaburidi View Post
As far as I can see you get involved a lot in a lot of these topics and have strong opinions.

Fishing is mostly closed so maybe there is nothing else better to do.

At least we don't have topics where we post pictures of cats or the food we ate or do we?
I certainly do get involved in these topics, but unlike several people that appear in the same threads, I also post a lot of hunting and shooting related posts, and some fishing discussion now and then as well.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-16-2024, 11:35 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I see it as a general discussion thread and as long as the discussions fall within the rules, make our mods lives easier than so be it. Some enjoy the outdoors but really have nothing to do with hunting, fishing, etc but enjoy the general thread to discuss topics like politics, covid or even that horrible thread like "BACON"....
Mods and owners can manage the place as they see fit not my rodeo

Only stating what is clear as day
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-16-2024, 03:35 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
so this is a hunting forum? Out of curiosity, i looked up the last 10 pages of your posts, guess how many were about hunting ?
*zinnnnggg!!!*
__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-16-2024, 03:38 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
And your money for nothing and chicks for free…….
I heard the guitar in my head...
__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-17-2024, 10:21 AM
MK2750's Avatar
MK2750 MK2750 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sylvan Lake
Posts: 3,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
There was a time I was trying to encourage more to post outdoors related content but It didn’t do any good
On the contrary. Your bush bucks and trail camera threads encouraged me to post a bunch of pictures for the first time in years after being moderated into silence.

No one seemed interested in pictures of big bucks so I just stopped. I use to post lots of stories and pictures and it was always appreciated, until it wasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-17-2024, 11:19 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
On the contrary. Your bush bucks and trail camera threads encouraged me to post a bunch of pictures for the first time in years after being moderated into silence.

No one seemed interested in pictures of big bucks so I just stopped. I use to post lots of stories and pictures and it was always appreciated, until it wasn't.
Glad I was able to encourage someone to share pictures and stories about their time in the field. I definitely remember seeing the pictures you posted and you had some good bucks on cam. Much better post than 80% of what is contributed on AO lately

Sadly I am starting to think half the people here don’t go out hunting or fishing though . Starting to wonder if most took up knitting and went vegan on AO

Maybe as the season starts we might se a few actual outdoorsmen contribute
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-17-2024, 11:30 AM
pikergolf's Avatar
pikergolf pikergolf is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Never said he didn’t work in the medical field but stated he has contributed 0 fishing, hunting, or outdoors related posts on a forum that is for outdoorsman

He has trolled on political or Covid based threads and nothing more. These are the kinds of people who have caused members who actually contribute to outdoors related topics to leave and be banned

But whatever this place will continue to decline in numbers keeping trolls around
He showed up during covid, I fully believe the Alberta government under Kenny sent him, and now he just comes to troll. Hard to believe a professional would lower himself but he is here.
__________________
“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”

Thomas Sowell
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-17-2024, 11:49 AM
fishnguy fishnguy is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
On the contrary. Your bush bucks and trail camera threads encouraged me to post a bunch of pictures for the first time in years after being moderated into silence.

No one seemed interested in pictures of big bucks so I just stopped. I use to post lots of stories and pictures and it was always appreciated, until it wasn't.
Like Smoky, I remember those pics as well. And I am fairly certain I commented on them and expressed appreciation. The simple reality is that even the best threads hardly get beyond one page of comments in the hunting section. There are only a few people that contribute consistently whether via threads of their own or commenting in the threads of others. Often, it feels like talking to yourself, lol. Kind of weird, actually, since there are still quite a few users here.


Side note, personally, I do not have a problem with pitman or Scott_h, or most of anyone else, really.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff
.......
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 18,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Never said he didn’t work in the medical field but stated he has contributed 0 fishing, hunting, or outdoors related posts on a forum that is for outdoorsman

He has trolled on political or Covid based threads and nothing more. These are the kinds of people who have caused members who actually contribute to outdoors related topics to leave and be banned

But whatever this place will continue to decline in numbers keeping trolls around
Sorry. Don’t see him as trolling. Just providing his opinions like the rest of us.

Never saw him troll the Covid thread… just provide a medical point of view which was cool.

When I look at the hunting and fishing threads… and the number of users… very, very, very few provide input.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:10 PM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 18,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When I joined AO, pretty much everyone came here to discuss hunting ,shooting,fishing, trapping etc . Unfortunately the demographics have changed, and more and more people come here to argue politics, covid, unions, etc. Several people that came here to discuss the outdoors either got frustrated and were driven off, or they just decided not to bother and left on their own. And now most of us end up getting involved in the non outdoors topics, like this one, but at least some of us still contribute some hunting, shooting, fishing
posts.
That said isn’t it possible for people to never open the general thread? Just look at the fishing and hunting threads?

People like to vent. People like to find validation for their opinions and especially emotional ones. We all do it. Many like to read and not post and people do PM often appreciating others taking the hit for speaking up.

Now… can people take a step back… refuse to allow Trudeau’s divisiveness to ooze into our consciousness and recognize that for the one or two or ten things we may not totally agree on that there is likely hundreds of things we do agree on.

I can fish with a Trudeau supporter. I can fish with a hardcore convoy supporter. I can even fish with someone who posts something I disagree with so long as they are nice people.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:52 PM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sorry. Don’t see him as trolling. Just providing his opinions like the rest of us.

Never saw him troll the Covid thread… just provide a medical point of view which was cool.

When I look at the hunting and fishing threads… and the number of users… very, very, very few provide input.
Said my piece and know my opinion is not alone

Let’s just leave it at that
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-18-2024, 06:38 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 24,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
That said isn’t it possible for people to never open the general thread? Just look at the fishing and hunting threads?

People like to vent. People like to find validation for their opinions and especially emotional ones. We all do it. Many like to read and not post and people do PM often appreciating others taking the hit for speaking up.

Now… can people take a step back… refuse to allow Trudeau’s divisiveness to ooze into our consciousness and recognize that for the one or two or ten things we may not totally agree on that there is likely hundreds of things we do agree on.

I can fish with a Trudeau supporter. I can fish with a hardcore convoy supporter. I can even fish with someone who posts something I disagree with so long as they are nice people.

Well said!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-18-2024, 06:39 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 24,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sorry. Don’t see him as trolling. Just providing his opinions like the rest of us.

Never saw him troll the Covid thread… just provide a medical point of view which was cool.

When I look at the hunting and fishing threads… and the number of users… very, very, very few provide input.

Dam your on a roll, again, well said!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.