Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
There is an on going thread at FFC about large 30"+ Bow trout, NO ONE has posted proof (pic with tape) of a 30+" trout form the Bow. The general consensus from guides and river rats alike is that the ellusive 30's never get landed when cameras & tape are around..... or they don't exsist. When discussing this bullies aren't part of the discussion because 30+" bullies are fairly common and we're talking trout, not chars.

I have had several tanks to my boat over the last few years but nothing has ever broke the 28 1/2" mark, lots of 24-26" fish this year, but never anything where I would post a pic saying it was 30".

The first guy to have quality pics with a 30" Bow trout with the tape in the pic will become and instant local fish star..... for what ever that's worth

I agree. Ask any of the die hard Bow fly fisherman or guides who fish the Bow 250 days a year. The Browns that reach 30 inches are very very rare. To quote one Bow fly guide (who jokingly wants to punch me between the blinkers for my dumb luck in landing that 29") "I have fished the Bow for 25 years and have not seen or caught a Brown that big out of the Bow."

As for my size, for the picture reference; I am 6'0, 228lbs.