Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-08-2010, 12:01 PM

SEE NEW THEAD

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...879#post529879
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 AM

I had a PM from Badback and he raised a good point. Some of us aren't pn here all the time and might miss the thread when there is a meet coming up. If any of you plan on attending every month or would like an email notification, please PM me your email addresses. I will put together a group email and send it out the Monday before the get together.

Thanks,

Doug

Hunter10....I'll see where we can have one of these for all ages...maybe for May
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM

BTT Anyone else to be added to the email list for these get togethers?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Meet this month will now be Friday April 16th 8 pmish. Venue to be announced. Pottymouth and I are working on getting it at Tops.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM

Friday April 16th 8 pm at Top's Pizza. We should have the private room. Pottymouth, can you confirm? Also, please reply if you can make it so we have an approximate head count.

Tops Pizza and Steak House
7 - 5602 4th Street N.W.
Calgary, AB T2K 1B2
(Next to the Royal Bank)

See y'all there!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:05 PM

I have to know if anyone is going to make it tonight. If there is no response, than maybe y'all can chime in and suggest a date for the next one. I'm going to try one more time for May. Friday May 14th at Top's 8 pm
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM

Anyone attending tonight email me at doug@multi-national.net. No computer at home right now. I know......I shouldn't put my email addy on here
Old 08-14-2010, 05:16 AM

Default hunting discussion

isthat AUG21[QUOTE=dmckay;266760]Wow, lots of response! Anyone that can make it for next Saturday February 21st between 8 and 9 pm, please reply. Lighthouse Pub 1140 137 Avenue SE. Just off of Bow Bottom Trail. I'll be the chubby guy with dark hair wearing a black Captain Morgan's hoodie. Let's see how the turnout is and then look at setting up an all ages venue. I agree with Big Zeke and Sambar, we should set up an email list, however that works? lol. My

email is [email]doug@multi-na
Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM

I thought I was on the email list..... but I guess not. Anyone meeting tomorrow night?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 AM

Haven't done these for quite some time. There weren't many people showing up and we never got a central location that everyone could agree on. If anyone else wants to keep this thread going, I would attend, but I have too much going on to keep it going.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 PM

I am new to the forum and would also be interested in meeting some other like minded people. Is it possible to still get on the email list still?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 PM

So i know everyone is getting ready for the hunting season........are you all still meeting up over the wkends or anything? if so drop me a pm if your going to meet up again, I'd like to join your next get together.

thxs
Old 09-06-2010, 02:28 AM

Yeah, I'd for sure be into something like this. Please PM me, and let me know how I can sign up to be on the mail list, or please advise as to when the next meet is. I live in the far south too, and I'm always up for a couple pints and some chicken wings.

I;m also looking for nfo on boar hunting. I would love to try it. If anyone out there would be interested in taking out another guy to hunt boar, I would love to hear from you.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:35 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

I'm in the south as well, I guess someone should throw out a date and place...
What do people think of Riverbend Station, one night this week or next?
I would think as we have open seasons that sat an sundays are out of the question.
I 'd start something for maybe this thursday or Friday. Anyways chime in if there is any interest.
RH
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Thought I'd see if anyone was still up for meeting? Maybe not once a month, but now that the season is over for most of us, there might be a few good stories to tell / hear.

If anyone is into meeting up this Friday in the south somewhere, let's hear it.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:56 PM

I would not be able to attend this Friday however I would like to be included in the list (if one still exists) to be notified of upcoming get togethers.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

I would be in givin' the right time and location... I dont know if you where anyone lives, really but I could suggest the Station in Riverbend.... I think Kok83 might live close around there.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM

Kok83 is out in the patch right now. I'd be up for the place in Riverbend. Since there hasn't been much reply, maybe we could try for next Friday? Anyone that can make next Friday, chime in.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 PM

Default Almost time

Hi

Id be up for it for sure -- tuff to get together if you dont know anyone --or guys have a tight group -- hunted since I was 16 in B.C . now older and animals are smarter but have shot share of deer elk and moose -- hope to doa Sask hunt this year -- mulie draw down south ( # 3 priority ) Looking for new hunting rifle --my 30.06 blew out the ears at end of barrel -- a bit unsafe so on to a 7mm or 300 mag
Planon elk and antelope as well --Hunt bow and rifle and just got into duck and geese last year

Live in deer run S.e. calgary
Hunt in Jeep Rubicon with small trailer for game

here is my e mail

Trust hunters and all will be fine

Cheers

Ian

iammare@shaw.ca
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM

archer8, I tried sending you an email but it was returned. I am going to try and set this up again. It's been a long time since we've had a get together, and due to a lot of personal stuff going on, I haven't had much time to be on here and try to organize this.

Anyone interested in getting together Friday April 29th at either BP's lounge in Avenida in the SE or The Station as reelhooker mentioned in Riverbend, please let us know if you can make it. Let's see what kind of turnout we can get this time.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM

As long as time permit's, I'm always in. If this weather got it's sh!t together I'd just offer up a bbq at my place, but then again when the weather get's better we're all out of city limits.
Dm-maybe we should push on a Thursday instead as people are starting to head outta town on Fridays.
Anyways there's my two cents.
RH
Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Thursday would be fine with me. Let's see what kind of feedback we get in the next few days.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 PM

I'd be up for Thursday of Friday. Haven't tried to get to one of these in quite a while...would be willing to give it another shot.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm a new hunter and just moved to Calgary (and just found this thread!) I would love to meet up with some of you guys (and gals). Thursday or Friday work for me!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Default I wil try as well

Too bad we didn't know earlier and we could have organized something for this weekend with gun show as a lot of members wil be in from out of town and would probably look for a place to meet on Friday night.
Rob
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 AM

Im in, where are u guys planning to meet?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Default Long Week end

Good Morning Gents & Ladies

Friday morn and a coffee before day starts -- ( not in the Bush ) so a question -- how do I put a pic into my log in ?

Id be up for a meet for sure --wife says I cant hunt solo ( done it for years -now new wife and new rules Hunt Spruce Meadow area with bow and behind Sundre with rifle -- draw for mulie this year if any one has a idea where a cranker mulie is feel free to pass on --have permission in 314 on a ranch for cow elk this season

Might try antelpoe this year pending on heard size

Tured lots down last year and missed some rocket whitetails ( cant beleive they can turn on afterburners that quick ) this year isnt far away

Started duck and goose last year -- 1 and 1 so into the smoker they go tomorrow

It would be great to meet some locals for a bevvie -- next couple weeks busy but early May --I live in Deer run SE

E mail @ home

iammares@shaw.ca
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 AM

Well folks who's all in and what are the votes for? Thursday night alright at the Station in Riverbend? I would suggest around 7 or so if anyone else is in....
Anyways do Chime in and we will see who all is comming around. Look forward to meeting some new AO'ers and putting some names to faces....
RH
Old 04-27-2011, 06:13 AM

ill be there
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm going to try and make it over to the Station Thursday...I'm fairly new to the whole archery deal and would love to find someone else who'd be interested in teaming up this fall.
Cheers
Keith