Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Never fail Jan and Feb every year someone buys them a dora the explora rod for Christmas and bang the fishing wonders

bushman87

Fish-killer

It doesnt matter how many posts a person has or when they have joined. Obviously you guys think so as chub and yourself think your geniuses, cant wait to have as many posts as you guys
Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Nice looking fish Chubs.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Banned

WOW! I went from one page to the next and someone was suspended. I posted congrats and someone disappeared.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 PM

Awesome bulls, I bet they are super fun under the ice!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 PM

Looks like an awesome day Chub. You should seriously think about taking me with you next time

I didn't know Hugh Laurie fished in Alberta!!

J/k fish killer. Nice fish!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Great catch chubb!!!! For all you other whiny little girls go find somewhere else to cry!! Quit ruining and awesome thread!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Wondering if you have actual living proof these fish survived?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Great pictures CHubb, thanks for bringing us along.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher View Post
?????????????????????????
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Considering its "proper handling" in your opinion. Although i will say i do see some of those fish handled under the gill properly, even though it is not preferable, i do see one where there is definitely finger to gill contact.

Not going to resort to name calling now, i would just like an 100 percent accurate response, knowing for sure these fish are still swimming right now.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Considering its "proper handling" in your opinion. Although i will say i do see some of those fish handled under the gill properly, even though it is not preferable, i do see one where there is definitely finger to gill contact.

Not going to resort to name calling now, i would just like an 100 percent accurate response, knowing for sure these fish are still swimming right now.
How would you expect someone to go about that??
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you drunk or just stupid. This also is not name calling would just like an 100 percent accurate response Figuring the question you ask is unanswerable i

Last edited by horsetrader; 03-04-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

Cool

ding, ding, round two. this is fun.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 PM

To mofugger,

No one knows, its really impossible to tell. For these fish considering they're catch and release only, I would just like to see them handled properly to increase their chances of survival.

Horse, judging by your picture, i'd guess you are well past your 50's. You probably feel pretty good about insulting a 17 year old punk from behind your keyboard. You obviously still have some growing up to do.

You can't honestly say that any of those bulls were actually big enough to justify holding under their gills, those fish might be at a 4-7lb maximum. Ethically, the few fish that were not handled properly had their odds against survival decreased. I'm speaking on behalf of handling a fish ethically and properly to give it the best chance of survival. In that specific fishery, numbers do matter, bulls are definitely not the fastest growing fish.

I'm speaking to inform, not to do what you're obviously accomplishing by putting others down.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 PM

beauty fish!! Did you make those lures yourself. and if not what store did you buy them from?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
To mofugger,

No one knows, its really impossible to tell. For these fish considering they're catch and release only, I would just like to see them handled properly to increase their chances of survival.

Horse, judging by your picture, i'd guess you are well past your 50's. You probably feel pretty good about insulting a 17 year old punk from behind your keyboard. You obviously still have some growing up to do.

You can't honestly say that any of those bulls were actually big enough to justify holding under their gills, those fish might be at a 4-7lb maximum. Ethically, the few fish that were not handled properly had their odds against survival decreased. I'm speaking on behalf of handling a fish ethically and properly to give it the best chance of survival. In that specific fishery, numbers do matter, bulls are definitely not the fastest growing fish.

I'm speaking to inform, not to do what you're obviously accomplishing by putting others down.
And how would I know you are 17 another question that make me think you must have a problem. And your age makes no difference to me no matter how old your question is the most ridicules one i've seen on here. You are speaking to troll and you know it you are informing no one.

Last edited by horsetrader; 03-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-killer View Post
Yup! Look at the blood,

Learn how to hold a fish Buddy!

Disgrace!
I feel like saying somthing witty to insult you, but I wouldnt want to get kicked by your size 38 boot....
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 PM

Cool

After it's all said and done it's still a very nice fish congrats!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
I feel like saying somthing witty to insult you, but I wouldnt want to get kicked by your size 38 boot....
I got that one ......lolololol
Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
AHAHAH!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 PM

The fact that you're putting anyone down from behind your keyboard is wrong. You can't actually say I'm not informing anyone, considering we have new members to this forum practically every day.

If you seriously have a problem with my so called "trolling", get over it. You are now just taking shots in the dark. Obviously whatever you know is right. Just because not everyone knows as much as you think you do, doesn't mean no one found any of that informative.

Your blood is obviously boiling. Take a breather.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Banned

HERE is a good article detailing how to Catch, Photograph, and Release large trout with as little impact as possible.

I'm sure everyone on the forum could use a refresher.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
How would you expect someone to go about that??
Quote:
To mofugger,

Exactly(re:bolded). So the point of your first two posts were......??? To start a $&^@ flinging contest??? Maybe not, I don't know....

Either way, and you're certainly not the only one in this thread, but it's pretty easy to sit on a computer and look at a picture and over analyze it- "Well if you look at the pic from this angle it looks like 'this' is happening, and if I stand on my head and spin around 3 times it looks even worse..."

I appreciate that you are concerned about the well being and proper handling of fish, but I think it's pretty easy to jump to conclusions by looking a picture and not seeing it first hand. That's especially evident with people 'knowing' the weights of other peoples fish by looking at one angle of a picture and not seeing it in person. Many, many, many, examples of that on here, of the peanut galley chiming in on a picture-> "NO efffing way that fish is 12lbs!!!" and so on. And the same goes for this.

And I know I'm gonna get the "BUT YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE FINGERS IN THE GILLS!!!" But can you really? It may look like it.... But can you say with 100% certainty, by looking at the picture, that there are fingers in or touching the gills of any of those fish?? Doubt it.....

People need to learn to relax on this forum and enjoy a good story and enjoy nice pictures, instead of picking everything apart. Unfortunately, given the nature of this forum, that will never happen....
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Exactly(re:bolded). So the point of your first two posts were......??? To start a $&^@ flinging contest??? Maybe not, I don't know....

Either way, and you're certainly not the only one in this thread, but it's pretty easy to sit on a computer and look at a picture and over analyze it- "Well if you look at the pic from this angle it looks like 'this' is happening, and if I stand on my head and spin around 3 times it looks even worse..."

I appreciate that you are concerned about the well being and proper handling of fish, but I think it's pretty easy to jump to conclusions by looking a picture and not seeing it first hand. That's especially evident with people 'knowing' the weights of other peoples fish by looking at one angle of a picture and not seeing it in person. Many, many, many, examples of that on here, of the peanut galley chiming in on a picture-> "NO efffing way that fish is 12lbs!!!" and so on. And the same goes for this.

And I know I'm gonna get the "BUT YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE FINGERS IN THE GILLS!!!" But can you really? It may look like it.... But can you say with 100% certainty, by looking at the picture, that there are fingers in or touching the gills of any of those fish?? Doubt it.....

People need to learn to relax on this forum and enjoy a good story and enjoy nice pictures, instead of picking everything apart. Unfortunately, given the nature of this forum, that will never happen....
Definitely didn't take three different anglers to see the one of gill contact. It is a known fact that bigger fish need to be held under the gill plate to keep them in control. The point to my criticizing about fish size, was that these fish just aren't big enough. There is one picture where there is 100 percent certainty there was fingers in gills, his entire fist besides his pinky is inside the gill cover.

My original comment wasn't towards starting a fight, there were a few here that advocated that it was proper handling of the fish. I then elaborated to that fact that it wasn't.

It obviously came off the wrong way to you and obviously horsetrader. But hey, at least i didn't jump on the name calling Bandwagon immediately. Its almost to a point where racial slurs are acceptable? Like come on, its a public forum, anyone can view this. No one really knows who they are talking to on the other end of the network. No one knows, and it makes everyone, (mostly the person) look bad.

Last edited by Bhflyfisher; 03-04-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Starting* spelling mistake
Old 03-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Hey!!!!!

I don't mind if the odd gill it touched but where is your thumb on your left hand???
Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
The fact that you're putting anyone down from behind your keyboard is wrong. You can't actually say I'm not informing anyone, considering we have new members to this forum practically every day.

If you seriously have a problem with my so called "trolling", get over it. You are now just taking shots in the dark. Obviously whatever you know is right. Just because not everyone knows as much as you think you do, doesn't mean no one found any of that informative.

Your blood is obviously boiling. Take a breather.
I do not need to "put you down " as you say anyone reading your post knows exactly what level your at but that is of your doing not mine.. If you are indeed informing our new members then our fishery is in grave danger.. You are right I was wrong when I said you were trolling your statements and question are to derisory to even be considered TROLLING.. I'm sorry you poor attempted to make my blood boil did not even raise it a degree you flatter yourself to much.. The only breather I took was to check the Bull Trout on my smoker.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Banned

Waitaminute.......there's something fishy going on here. If his fingers are in the gills then who's fingers are showing on the other side of the fish?

Chub, you wouldn't be tricking us by pinching the gill plate between your thumb and the knuckle of your index finger would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink1679 View Post
I don't mind if the odd gill it touched but where is your thumb on your left hand???
Took me a minute .......lol
Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 AM

GREAT LOOKING FISH CHUBB! COULDN'T GIVE AN AWSOME DAY ON THE LAKE TO A GREATER GUY! WELL DESERVED AFTER MONTHS OF HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO THE CAUSE LAST WEEK! CANT WAIT TO HIT THE ICE WITH YA, OR OPEN WATER IF WE MUST WAIT THAT LONG!

i just thought i needed to type that big so people would see what i was writing, because i dont waste my time comparing who dad's bicep's are the biggest
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-killer View Post
I understand some of the blood coming from the mouth,

But hey maybe next time grab all of his gills along with the gill plate!

Make sure you kill him instead of wounding his lungs (gills)

Door KNOB
new to the forum eh! Go back to Carburn park...You belong there
Closed Thread