Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-29-2016, 08:52 AM

Default Electric knife

Started using a cordless fish filleting knife I sure do like it. How many of you fisherman use one?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:28 AM

I use a corded rapala for walleye, pike, salmon and lakers still use my actual knife for trout and perch
Old 08-29-2016, 01:11 PM

My dad uses one or I should say tries to use one lol. He always forget to charge the battery and goes dead on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 PM

I love my Berkeley
Old 08-29-2016, 03:13 PM

Given how few fish one can keep these days I don't really see the need for the electric. My sharpe blade can last for as many fish as our group is allowed to keep.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:20 PM

Default electric knife

Got one for sale. Only used it a couple times. Handle is too big for my hands, but they seem to work great. Pm me if your interested in buying one.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:34 PM

i also have the corded berkley electric knife and love it. the only issue i have is after a prolonged use the blades get dull and i thought about sharpening it but not sure how since its a serrated blade. bought some replacement blades not cheap, so i also bought an electric knife sharpener that supposedly can sharpen serrated blades too. haven't tried it yet afraid of making it worst. i normally use a sharpening stone for all my blades but never done serrated blades before.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Chainsaw file is what i use it works wonders, cant rember what size but i have a kit with all different sizes
Old 08-29-2016, 09:04 PM

I'm on my second Rapala cordless. I find the batteries are good for at least a dozen northerns, but these days I don't care to do more than 6 fish a day, unless I'm helping others. I have 3 different length blades. I just slab my fish at the lake, then take out bones at home. I got mine after having watched my buddy zip through fish like no tomorrow. When we fish state side, most of the guys are using the green/yellow corded knives, and I mean most of the guys. Where we clean fish they have quite a few plugins overhead. What I find amazing is how fine you can cut, you can almost take the scales off and leave the skin behind. I also use mine for carving the turkey. I don't care to be without one again.