Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-17-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
SNAP, you do not have to explain yourself to anybody. You are one of the best contibutors when it comes to posts and giving advice to others. And as far as friends go, you have some pretty good ones in your corner. I will gladly be there when ever needed.

Deano
Thanks Deano

I'm still wrong for posting it though. Sometimes, I do have a big mouth and too fast fingers...fast for typing that is.... Nothing cool about people killing fish like Acipenser and PaulC have witnessed, photo proof or not, stocked lake or not. I think blokes like the ones they have seen started the bad term "bait chucker".

Just stating it for what its worth. Now back to planning the next fishing trip
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
RonkyTonk

Well Paul I do commend you on your efforts. Some people dont understand that if people don't be vigilant on any kind of poaching, our kids and future generations won't be able to enjoy any outdoor activities like we take for granted. And the layed back attiude about ahhhh whatever who cares IMO is very selfish. If the person in question are caught even if it is a minor case then maybe it will trickle down to that persons circle of friends and family and teach them a little about respecting the outdoors. For the people on here blasting Paul about this thread remember, if it wasn't for people like Paul your future generations will NOT enjoy the outdoors like you and me take for granted. And I only hope you are not teaching your children the same ignorance you display in this public forum.

-RonT-
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 PM

all i see here is an ******* who doesnt have the balls to approach these guys himself. instead he hides behind his camera and rats people out. who cares if he was fishing with two rods? if hes killing fish than releasing them than thats different, go up and give him a peice of your mind.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
RonkyTonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchen View Post
all i see here is an ******* who doesnt have the balls to approach these guys himself. instead he hides behind his camera and rats people out. who cares if he was fishing with two rods? if hes killing fish than releasing them than thats different, go up and give him a peice of your mind.
Give your head a shake bud, ratting people out? Were not in prision here, and some people aren't built like horses to be aggressive against other people. I am sure he was thinking of his personal safety. All you see is an ******, all I read from your post is ignorance.

Great Quote by kitchen
"I hate to think that fishing and hunting in canada might one day be like it is in the states. people need to invest in the future of our wildlife." First step Report ALL poachers!!

Last edited by RonkyTonk; 08-17-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:03 PM

Thumbs down Dolberg Poaching

One of the best ways to stop poaching is by hitting the person were it hurts, in the wallet. I hear the fine for barbed hooks on one rod is two hundred dollars. Two lines is fifty dollars. I am not sure over culling the fish. I did not know the fine for 4 over the limit. I would like to see my nephews kids go and catch those monster trout in the future. It would be a shame to lose any fish due to sombodies greed.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Thumbs down Dolberg Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkyTonk View Post
Give your head a shake bud, ratting people out? Were not in prision here, and some people aren't built like horses to be aggressive against other people. I am sure he was thinking of his personal safety. All you see is an ******, all I read from your post is ignorance.

Great Quote by kitchen
"I hate to think that fishing and hunting in canada might one day be like it is in the states. people need to invest in the future of our wildlife." First step Report ALL poachers!!
Now theres a user with some common sense.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
lol agreed 100% , comon guys lets give him the E-chair for taking his kid fishing
haha
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
You know some people are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Just same as some folks lack the mghz clock speed in their personal built in bio-cpu located at the end of their neck
Old 08-18-2009, 06:54 AM

i have nothing important to say, just wanted to be the 99th poster on this thread...

going to koocanusa on friday,,, cant wait (if you are the only person in a boat, you can fish with 2 rods there)
cheers
Old 08-18-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkfisher View Post
i have nothing important to say, just wanted to be the 99th poster on this thread...

going to koocanusa on friday,,, cant wait (if you are the only person in a boat, you can fish with 2 rods there)
cheers
#100. and i'm not going anywhere fishing or commenting on this thread. I think the damage has already been done.
Seahawk let me know how koocanusa turns out if you would. We planned to be there this year but ended up not being able to make it. Looks to be a nice spot with good fishing.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Sorry for the hijack, Paul! I'm very interested in this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkfisher View Post
cheers
I missed this. Is this in the regs somewhere? I've got three copies of the BC regs and I can't find this tidbit.

Page 9 indicates that one can use barbed hooks in lakes (unless noted in the Regional Water-Specific Tables . . . which Koocanusa isn't). You're still stuck using a single hook though (no trebles, or multiple hooks on a lure).

Gang trolls and wedding rings are apparently the way to hook Kokanee. Make sure you have whatever gear you want to have before you go.

Please let us know how it goes!

Sorry again, Paul.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

honestly paul get a life i mean seriously. The man is trying to get his kid interested when i was a kid i was like that with my dad now i love fishing. i mean leave the poor guy alone. While groups of people are out there fishing for free without a license and over fishing lakes and rivers because of their status cards (cough natives cough) you are attacking a man with two rods chances jeez its people like you that ruin fishing. I agree culling is bad but the two rods thing i say fish with as many rods as you like as long as you stay within your legal qouta. But leave the guy alone you remind me of this post a few months ago titled idiot on the ice. Some A hole was harassing a dad and his son ice fishing because of the number of rods they had then called F&W reporting false info. Honestly its not like they are going to make the fish extinct from using two rods
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

and no one say that if you let one guy do it the rest will because they wont i mean common there is no way i can fish effectively for trout with 2 rods its too hard. But like i said while the natives are out there commercially fishing and netting fish by the hundreds im supposed to make sure i dont catch over 3 fish common that is stupid and we are blamed for the endangerment of many fish. I think not if you want to save the fish stock go for the true poachers the ones fishing without a license. Licenses contribute to fish restocking funds. I will not take the blame for over fishing just because i got 1 too many fish while others net the same fish by the hundreds.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
RonkyTonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
honestly paul get a life i mean seriously. The man is trying to get his kid interested when i was a kid i was like that with my dad now i love fishing. i mean leave the poor guy alone. While groups of people are out there fishing for free without a license and over fishing lakes and rivers because of their status cards (cough natives cough) you are attacking a man with two rods chances jeez its people like you that ruin fishing. I agree culling is bad but the two rods thing i say fish with as many rods as you like as long as you stay within your legal qouta. But leave the guy alone you remind me of this post a few months ago titled idiot on the ice. Some A hole was harassing a dad and his son ice fishing because of the number of rods they had then called F&W reporting false info. Honestly its not like they are going to make the fish extinct from using two rods
I don't understand how people think some poaching is ok,POACHING is POACHING. It this la de da attiude that going to wreck it for everyone in the future. And if you read the thread you would have read two diffrent witnesses saying the guy was just tring to fill his bucket. Killing smaller fish to keep bigger ones, these people need to educated. And its people like you that turn a blind eye to POACHING that is going to ruin fishing for everyone. If everyone thew two or three rods in the water and pulled out fish and then killed the smaller ones to keep the bigger ones then yes 2-3 generations the fish will be EXTINCT. Some of you Alberta outdoorsmen blow my mind!!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkyTonk View Post
I don't understand how people think some poaching is ok,POACHING is POACHING. It this la de da attiude that going to wreck it for everyone in the future. And if you read the thread you would have read two diffrent witnesses saying the guy was just tring to fill his bucket. Killing smaller fish to keep bigger ones, these people need to educated. And its people like you that turn a blind eye to POACHING that is going to ruin fishing for everyone. If everyone thew two or three rods in the water and pulled out fish and then killed the smaller ones to keep the bigger ones then yes 2-3 generations the fish will be EXTINCT. Some of you Alberta outdoorsmen blow my mind!!
and if you had the decencey to read my post then you would see that i said CULLING IS BAD i hate people who do that i just dont care about the amount of rods he is using. let me say it again fish with as many rods as you like as long as YOU STAY WITHIN THE LEGAL QOUTA. Because 2 rods or one if this guy wanted to fill his bucket then he would with just one rod. Nowhere did i defend his culling. And the term poacher is all about legality. Tell me why is it poaching when i catch one fish without a license but its legal if im native. Tell me that. Like i said i hate people who cull i could kill them but i dont care how you catch the fish just stay within your limit. Also dont give me the extinct bs the fish they put in stocked lakes are INFERTILE they cannot reproduce so obviously they will go extinct regardless they are bred in farms that no one fish in so there is no way they will go extinct please do some research
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
This photo is proof that this fishery needs to be looked after. Fun catching this on ultra-lite tackle.
Cheers and Happy Fishin
sorry if I may , I just wanted to add one last thing,
when you're talking about your Nephews Paul, catching big trout in the future, with the way you harvest maxing out your limits keeping big trout like that pretty soon there will be no big trout left for your Nephiews to catch, if we are talking about preservation for future generations and blaming the father in this case for dead fish floating, dude you just killed legally yes legally !! 5 large beautiful rainbows unnecessarily,
you wanna preserv?? think ahead and preserv it yourself by cutting down on your harvest.... especially the larger fish so other anglers can also have some fun catching fish of similar size...
After looking at the pic , 2 medium trout of that pic should be plenty for a meal, and lastly , I seen lots of folks on here being called a Meat Head Fisherman for OVERHARVESTING regardless of the regulations
cheers
Old 08-18-2009, 12:38 PM

I'm all for fisheries being looked after, I practice C&R on a lot of the mountain streams, maybe keep 1 rainbow or brookie for supper, but this is a STOCKED trout lake, not a naturally reproducing population. Unless the Alberta Government goes belly-up (much like these "culled" fish that you are talking about), this fishery will always be there. And so will the others, like Hasse, Chickakoo, Carson, Swan, and every other "put & take" fishery in the province.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
My orginnal postin asked for suggestions. I have only received two in between all of the literal lashings. That does strike a chord in me how some people think on this forum.
Wel Paul In my opinion if the guy is there with his kid there's very little chance of any major confrontation that being said maybe he just needs a little education I would have approached him in a friendly matter and just express my concerns chances are you could have straitened him out on the matter without wasting time and resources. I also must agree with some of the other posts here I try to get out with my 5 year old and little ones I find sometimes have a a short attention span so several times shes went and splashed in the water or just lyed on the dock looking around in the water so I kind of feel your labeling me aswell because my kids line is still in the water. I really think you should toss the camera and pick up your rod and relax a little if you want to be a detective take a class or apply for the epd they are screaming for people to join.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Banned

hey paul instead of sneaking around taking pictures i would have done it this way. Pick up my rod and gone to the dock fished by him then turn to him and say i would be careful with the 2 rods because F&W are always around here but of course you would rather waste your time and resources sneaking around and getting nowhere rather than talking it out
Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 AM

Default bears

bears are generally to large to fit in a 16 inch culvert ans tend to den elsewhere. that being said lets move on to a diff topic.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Albertahog

WOW i cant understand how This thread made it to four pages just amazing to me.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 AM

Paul C,

Good for you - taking the time to care. Most don't and climb on the frame of those that do.
Tis no wonder that this provinces fisheries are in the dumper.

Don
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

This is with out a doubt one of the saddest attempts at getting attention on this forum I have seen yet..

Paul,, again get a life...
Old 08-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Default Hate when people cry wolf

I think you have to much time on your hands why not pick up a part time job as a rent a cop or a private eye. Now be real it is a dad taking his kid out fishing, the two rods is not bad but if he is killing the fish is a big deal, Instead of getting the twig pigs involed why not say some thing to him he may learn somthing and fix his ways he is not going to fight you he is trying to have a good time with his kid. I take the wife fishing all the time and she only want to reels in the fish i do all the rest of the work, but she is with me and has an licences that a problem also.

Just what i think
Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

i fish with my fiance and she doesnt have a license we sit there in the boat she talks to me while i fish with the only rod. She doesnt fish at all but when i get one on the line i give her the rod to hold and i grab the fish because she hates slimy fish would you take a picture of that and report it too saying she is poaching. Seriously though you need to talk to the guy because going behind his back will not solve anything and it hasnt solved anything i bet that guy is one of the posters in this site lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:22 PM

There ya have it folks. I guess its best to let poachers poach.

"let me say it again fish with as many rods as you like as long as YOU STAY WITHIN THE LEGAL QOUTA"

Good one-we should let you set the regulations.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned

dont be a smartarse you know for a fact that if someone wants to poach he will fish with one rod if he has to. The amount of rods doesnt change how many fish he is keeping. Its that simple. If we were to let people like paul do the regulations then fathers would be in jail for letting their sons wander too far from the rod
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM

Is it possible to finally pull the plug on this thread?

Deano
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
dont be a smartarse you know for a fact that if someone wants to poach he will fish with one rod if he has to. The amount of rods doesnt change how many fish he is keeping. Its that simple. If we were to let people like paul do the regulations then fathers would be in jail for letting their sons wander too far from the rod
I really don't know where you are coming from. It's not ok to poach fish but it's ok to break other fishing regulations?

Here are the first 4 lines if the General Sportfishing Restrictions

It Is Unlawful To:

* Use a hook that is not a barbless hook.
* Use more than one line when angling into open water.
* Use more than two lines when angling into ice-covered water.
* While angling be further than 30 m from any line in the water.

What is so difficult about following these regulations? If your kid starts playing more than 30 meters from the rod then simply pull the line in and quit using that rod until your child is interested again. If you don't, your are not following the regulations and are no better than someone culling fish or over harvesting. According to your way of thinking, it's not ok to break one law but other laws are ok.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I really don't know where you are coming from. It's not ok to poach fish but it's ok to break other fishing regulations?

Here are the first 4 lines if the General Sportfishing Restrictions

It Is Unlawful To:

* Use a hook that is not a barbless hook.
* Use more than one line when angling into open water.
* Use more than two lines when angling into ice-covered water.
* While angling be further than 30 m from any line in the water.

What is so difficult about following these regulations? If your kid starts playing more than 30 meters from the rod then simply pull the line in and quit using that rod until your child is interested again. If you don't, your are not following the regulations and are no better than someone culling fish or over harvesting. According to your way of thinking, it's not ok to break one law but other laws are ok.
The main reason for the regulations is to prevent over fishing of a species is it not. That is the bottom line and regulations change because the writers realize its dumb. Remember this is all my opinion am i not entitled to that. I would not waste my time reporting a guy using two rods because chances are hes going to have a harder time catching fish from the lack of skill. According to your way of thinking everyone should be reported and money wasted on a small crime that shouldnt even be considered a crime. Fishing with 2 rods will not result in extinction culling and over fishing will. One rod or ten if a person doesnt care about the limit they will catch over it. Not all regulations right and just because its made by the government it doesnt mean its morally right. So please stop acting so self righteous. A perfect example is the legallity of weed and alcohol. People whine about how bad weed is for them while they get wasted on alcohol and get into fights