Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Its actually bushman53 language and if you had of been to the last gathering you would know what it means. Shelly be aware that there is an equestrian campground attached to this same campground so horses may or may not be in the area, busman53 said he may bring his....
Apparently "deathly allergic" does not mean deathly-as-in-dead allergic. He has an appointment with his doctor tomorrow, and I told him to get an EpiPen. He claims his inhalers will be good enough. He's pretty good about his health (he's concerned about leaving his little guy without a dad) so his earlier stories regarding his horse allergy may have been exaggerated: based on his casual response to my request /order.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 AM

Default Potluck

My 2 cents worth, I am thinking most people will come for the weekend, and I for one would rather not have a huge meal then drive 3 hours home, good recipe for dozing off or making a mess on a big bump,
why not have a big dinner Saturday night as usual, then Gringo and clan could have some awesome food awaiting their arrival, and a follow up meal Sunday?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
I think the real question is how will I survive without mine?

I suspect Jeff might keep him busy, though that worries me a little. (Ya get my kid drunk and you're in big trouble, Jeff!).
LOL Jeff does some silly things but I am pretty sure he wouldn't get a kid drunk...

does anyone know if Tony is coming? I am prepared to create millions of cabbage rolls again.

Ken Sandra, are the boys coming that week or weekend to?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM

Default Kids

Sandra has talked to the boys but has no commitment one way or the other yet. One just started a new job and the other is hoping to be starting a new one and they don't know days off yet. At least thats what I heard. I am sure Sandra can fill in tonite when she gets home from work.
The folks are out in Fairmont right now and due to be back end of next week and don't know about them either. I know they said they wanted to be at the next one. I think mil has a couple appts early that week so if they came would only be the weekend or a day trip. Sandra was going to try to call and see what they are going to be up to.
I am sure Sandra will have all the details soon.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjts1 View Post
LOL Jeff does some silly things but I am pretty sure he wouldn't get a kid drunk...
It is all part of this charm!

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM

Hey now there aint no padlock on my cooler. I can not be held accountable for anything that goes on at a gathering

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Hey now there aint no padlock on my cooler. I can not be held accountable for anything that goes on at a gathering
Nor should you have to be responsible. Unfortunately the courts see it differently.
People fail to take responsibility for themselves....... blame it on the bar, host/hostess etc.

I just keep hoping there wont be any snow out there
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 PM

LOL I dont think it is that serious. Gee give a minor 1 beer and your a bad guy... Thats right bring us your children we will corrupt them all send them home with all whole bunch of new words and bad habbits...

Old 09-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
Nor should you have to be responsible. Unfortunately the courts see it differently.
People fail to take responsibility for themselves....... blame it on the bar, host/hostess etc.

I just keep hoping there wont be any snow out there
Oh no you didn't!!haha don't worry he's not THAT corruptive.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
LOL I dont think it is that serious. Gee give a minor 1 beer and your a bad guy... Thats right bring us your children we will corrupt them all send them home with all whole bunch of new words and bad habbits...
There isnt a bad word my son doesnt know.
Might have something to do with my having to bring him to work in a plumbing shop on days he's sick or the dayhome was closed.
So corrupt away my dear.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:

lol i don't think it was that bad considering the fact that the "minor's" mom was sitting right there and allowed it. (he wasn't even that minor)
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Here we go, cant wait to see the opinions
Old 09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Hi All,.. well got a GOOD!!! map from my nephew ( copy from Backroads mapbook) so baring sickness shoratge of $ or death lol ) I hope to be out there sat or sun.. ( no camping gear so if i stay overnight wil sleep in car lol)
cant wait to meet fellow Ao members and personaly thank DA for the good things she has said about me on this forum.
dont know what food i can bring yet??
Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Ya know I'm just teasing!

If you can teach him a single bad word that I haven't, it'll give you a beer (or four).

Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Careful what you bet on girl.. That boy will go home with a few new sentences not just a few words

Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Careful what you bet on girl.. That boy will go home with a few new sentences not just a few words
I'm trying to determine if that's a challange or not. I think it might be.

He's actually driving me nuts right now (my house is not a democracy), and I just told him to pack his bags and call his father. If he comes with us, we might drag him there attached to the bumper of the trailer.

I know I can't tow a boat behind the trailer, but I wonder if I would get a ticket for towing my son behind it. Hmmm.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Default Shelley

Send him to live with dad. I did that several times to our guys and they always came back whining how good it really was at our house. They only think it is bad when rules come to play.

Just a note on the weather. I know it is Alberta and still a week away but at this point it actually looks not too bad. Sunny and temps 16-17 for the weekend out that way. Nights are supposed to be not too bad until Monday and Tuesday below freezing. I think at that point it will just be the rv types so should be warm for most of the rest of us.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Just had a look at the campground map:
http://albertawow.com/campgrounds/Et..._Creek/map.htm

I'd like to put a vote in for Loop B. To reduce marital strife, one of the pull through spots might be good for us.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Google map from Longview:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...90579&t=h&z=11

EDIT: Note that you may have to pan to the west, as the map doesn't seem to display properly.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

I guess this is a yearly outing then, when I first looked at the begining of the post I thought it was just an old thead with some new posts so I never checked it out again until today. I guess I should read things and pay attention a little better
Old 09-11-2010, 06:59 AM

Default Sites

I wouldn't get too concerned with site size. When we were camped out there a few weeks back we walked the whole place and yes some are pull thru for those who need them but even most of the back in sites are quite wide and long so lots of room to move in and out even if it takes 20 moves. For you rookie rv' ers just remember the number one rule backing in to avoid a fight in the camp ground. If you can't see my trailer mirror I can't see what you are directing me to de either. We always laugh at the couples that get fired up at each other and mostly due to the directing person hiding behind the trailer.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Default New weather forecast

Just as I mentioned last night about the weather it has already changed. Rain Saturday now and Sunday and freezing rain too. After that it is going to be nice and by the end of the week suntan weather. Great for a holiday week.
Here is a link for anyone who wants to check.

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-fo...etric=1&set=99
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Freezing rain, who picked that weekend Jeff? you know that means its gonna snow. Maybe I should pack the auger and shack.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Just as I mentioned last night about the weather it has already changed. Rain Saturday now and Sunday and freezing rain too. After that it is going to be nice and by the end of the week suntan weather. Great for a holiday week.
Here is a link for anyone who wants to check.

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-fo...etric=1&set=99
, Well that will do it for me. I wont be going if that is the forcast. I dont mind hauling that far ( 4 hours) if the weather is decent but not if its freezing rain. Will be snow for sure in that area.
So your on your own mr and mrs wayne LOL
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
, Well that will do it for me. I wont be going if that is the forcast. I dont mind hauling that far ( 4 hours) if the weather is decent but not if its freezing rain. Will be snow for sure in that area.
So your on your own mr and mrs wayne LOL
No need to be hasty! It could (and will) change again.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:22 PM

We will see!!!!!! Seriously though if its not going to be a good weekend I wont be down..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Snow is in the forecast for the city which means it is for sure out there.
YUCK

Thinking I might have to say Nay to this trip. New car, unsure how she handles on snowy icy roads, definately dont want to try my luck on roads I am unfamiliar with.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
Snow is in the forecast for the city which means it is for sure out there.
YUCK

Thinking I might have to say Nay to this trip. New car, unsure how she handles on snowy icy roads, definately dont want to try my luck on roads I am unfamiliar with.
Oh come on, bring on the redneck doughnuts you'd get there eventually after spinning in circles.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Most snow will be on Thursday. Should not be any deeper than a few inches.lol

Menu perhaps a nice whole decorated squirrel with a spanked scallion sash on a spruce plank
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Default Weather

Don't sweat it yet. It is still a bunch of days away. It actually supposed to be sunny Friday and Saturday as well. Things can also change by the hour.
What happened to the "Alberta Outdoorsmen".