Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 PM

Those of you who have seen some of my other posts know that I am rather turned off by racist, bigoted, sexist or intolerant remarks of any sort..... but judging by FisherManStan's post..... he has enough problems with spelling for me to add to his woes.

Geezz. At least the iMMigrAnts that I know who have wAndered to Canada know how to spell!

But I do agree that any poacher (meaning one who is knowingly circumnavigating the rules for their own benefit), regardless of ethnicity, religion or sex, is in need of a sound beating. I still maintain that there are many who have no idea that some of these regulations exist. It is our job to educate them.

And to get back on topic.... I too, am glad of the regulation changes in the reservoir. Definitely about time.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofficer View Post
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

NEW REGS!!!!

IT'S ABOUT TIME BOYS!!!! this is good news for me because I always thought it needed some regulation. And it always seemed the res was ignored. This is just awesome. Kinda sad to see though the trout limit is still at 5, and the pike still has no size limit.
I believe the trout limit has to be zero in the res. I dont want to be stereotypical but Chinese guys who come down there bring buckets and they just fill them with fish. and they literally take everything large pike to 6' trout. Glenmore used to be an awesome place to fish 4 years ago. Since then, I can't stop by after work for an hour and catch 2 browns and 5 pike....I have been reporting people and they do catch poachers. I just think there has to be better regulation and more rangers coming down to check up on people. Even if it is as simple as a non barbed hook. If we keep the trout limit at 0 we could increase the trout population in the reservoir besides, the trout from the bow and the elbow dont even taste that good...
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish@ View Post
I believe the trout limit has to be zero in the res. I dont want to be stereotypical but Chinese guys who come down there bring buckets and they just fill them with fish. and they literally take everything large pike to 6' trout. Glenmore used to be an awesome place to fish 4 years ago. Since then, I can't stop by after work for an hour and catch 2 browns and 5 pike....I have been reporting people and they do catch poachers. I just think there has to be better regulation and more rangers coming down to check up on people. Even if it is as simple as a non barbed hook. If we keep the trout limit at 0 we could increase the trout population in the reservoir besides, the trout from the bow and the elbow dont even taste that good...
im with you i dont want to be raciest but chinses people dont know what a fish is from a rod and they dont knw there limits.
iv reported them on sylvan making a livewell and keeping tons of walleye.
5-6
i told them you are not allowed to keep them and i showed it to them in the regs but they kept insiting half are pike half are suckers
there clealy not pike or suckers and arnt even big enough for a pike limit anyway, i agree with the zero limit.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
im with you i dont want to be raciest but chinses people dont know what a fish is from a rod and they dont knw there limits.
iv reported them on sylvan making a livewell and keeping tons of walleye.
5-6
i told them you are not allowed to keep them and i showed it to them in the regs but they kept insiting half are pike half are suckers
there clealy not pike or suckers and arnt even big enough for a pike limit anyway, i agree with the zero limit.
Yes the guys dont know how to identify fish and dont even know that the regs exist. Im sure the government could pay one guy patrolling the reservoir checking if people are using bait, staying within the limit and releasing bull trout. In five years the reservoir could again become an awesome place to fish. I used to take my sister down there. she is only 10. Now she gets bored because catching a fish becomes odd. Now I have to drive down to pine coulee...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:02 PM

I will not buy a fishing book or support a company whose prostaff makes racist comments on AO.

The new regs on Glenmore has more to do with accessing the ice than fisheries management.

As many know, there was a contradiction in the fishing regulations and city by-laws. Fishing regs authorized fishing year round, while city by-law prohibited accessing the reservoir when ice covered.

This new regulation change is to align these two regulatory acts, Calgary By-law and Provincial Fisheries. That's all.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
I will not buy a fishing book or support a company whose prostaff makes racist comments on AO.;

As many know, there was a contradiction in the fishing regulations and city by-laws. Fishing regs authorized fishing year round, while city by-law prohibited accessing the reservoir when ice covered.

This new regulation change is to align these two regulatory acts, Calgary By-law and Provincial Fisheries. That's all.

really? i would like to hope it was for the reasons more related to conservation, not city bylaws. may i ask where this information came from buff? thanks.

Dace
Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I will not buy a fishing book or support a company whose prostaff makes racist comments on AO.

The new regs on Glenmore has more to do with accessing the ice than fisheries management.

buffalo im not realy sure about the regs but IMo it has something to do about pike spawning,
and you may call me italin haha
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
really? i would like to hope it was for the reasons more related to conservation, not city bylaws. may i ask where this information came from buff? thanks.

Dace

I can't snitch on the snitch. Not unless Alberta beefs up their whistleblowers protection.

But consider this...
If it was about protecting spawning pike, why is the closure from Nov 1 through April 30? That's a unique closure for protecting spawning fish.

Quote:
buffalo im not realy sure about the regs but IMo it has something to do about pike spawning,
and you may call me italin haha
Ok italin.... my point has been made. We just want to see you rule the fishing world some day, don't blow it over a bad comment.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I can't snitch on the snitch. Not unless Alberta beefs up their whistleblowers protection.

But consider this...
If it was about protecting spawning pike, why is the closure from Nov 1 through April 30? That's a unique closure for protecting spawning fish.

Ok italin.... my point has been made. We just want to see you rule the fishing world some day, don't blow it over a bad comment.
idk some people call candians some americans some italin you get the point.
but the browns spawn in fall and the pike spawn in spring. for the closers of the lake/reivwor.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
weig onto a sival and a circle hook with a fat small shinner
lol
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
idk some people call candians some americans some italin you get the point.
but the browns spawn in fall and the pike spawn in spring. for the closers of the lake/reivwor.
what exactly is italin and reivwor ?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Dace
The fire department and or city bylaw officers have acted enough times to calls of ice fisherman getting on the ice thinking that what they were doing was legal, as the regulations stated that the Glenmore reservoir is open to fishing all year long. City bylaw at the same time made accessing the ice illegal, so there was obviously a conflict, which is now rectified... Perhaps for the fish, maybe for the ice... How about both? Seems a simple decision to make, to align the laws accordingly and alleviate the problem.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;913668]
Quote:

i try to not label fisherman by race or creed....a bad non law abiding fisherman is a bad non law abiding fisherman

NOPE , NOPE , be carefull now , dont you know you have to call a fisherman a fisherperson now , so your just as bad .
Old 04-21-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
You're right. Chinese people don't know what a fish is from a rod. Nor do they know their limits. I'll tell my friend that he can't go fishing with me anymore because he's Chinese and therefore, he must be a poacher and he obviously doesn't know the difference between his rod or the fish he catches with it. Funny though... I've only ever seen him catch and release, and it really looked like he knew how to cast his line with the rod.....

Fish Hunter, I know what you were trying to say, but your wording is absolutely awful. You have just made a blanket statement which says that every single Chinese person is ignorant of the laws of sport fishing in Alberta. You may not have meant it in those terms, but that is what you have written. As others have pointed out, one poorly worded comment is all it takes to turn people against you.

It would have been much better if you had at least said "SOME Chinese persons whom I have witnessed don't know their etc...". In this wording you would not have condemned a whole race, merely a select few.

I think you owe an apology to any of the boards Chinese members and casual viewers.

Sorry folks.... I'm getting preachy.

Back on topic:
Glenmore Regulation Changes ---- Hoooray!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:47 AM
hunter49

Quote:
Originally Posted by commieboy View Post
It would have been much better if you had at least said "SOME Chinese persons whom I have witnessed don't know their etc...".

Ya, x2 on this....at least say 99% of them poach. There is always that 1% that aren't out there to kill every fish they catch(legal or not)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
Ya, x2 on this....at least say 99% of them poach. There is always that 1% that aren't out there to kill every fish they catch(legal or not)
Very true!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commieboy View Post
You're right. Chinese people don't know what a fish is from a rod. Nor do they know their limits. I'll tell my friend that he can't go fishing with me anymore because he's Chinese and therefore, he must be a poacher and he obviously doesn't know the difference between his rod or the fish he catches with it. Funny though... I've only ever seen him catch and release, and it really looked like he knew how to cast his line with the rod.....

Fish Hunter, I know what you were trying to say, but your wording is absolutely awful. You have just made a blanket statement which says that every single Chinese person is ignorant of the laws of sport fishing in Alberta. You may not have meant it in those terms, but that is what you have written. As others have pointed out, one poorly worded comment is all it takes to turn people against you.

It would have been much better if you had at least said "SOME Chinese persons whom I have witnessed don't know their etc...". In this wording you would not have condemned a whole race, merely a select few.

I think you owe an apology to any of the boards Chinese members and casual viewers.

Sorry folks.... I'm getting preachy.

Back on topic:
Glenmore Regulation Changes ---- Hoooray!
this question is horribel we should have not even awnsered it because its all about opions and i may have a differnt one then all of you and can/will turn raciest. no your not preachy its the truth.

BTW lots of these people are becoming raciest from one question look at the posts above everyone has a differnt opion.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter View Post
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefisher11 View Post
what exactly is italin and reivwor ?
weight and a swival.
italin and a body of water
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=Jimboy;914476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post

NOPE , NOPE , be carefull now , dont you know you have to call a fisherman a fisherperson now , so your just as bad .
very true...my apologises to all the gals
Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
this question is horribel we should have not even awnsered it because its all about opions and i may have a differnt one then all of you and can/will turn raciest. no your not preachy its the truth.

BTW lots of these people are becoming raciest from one question look at the posts above everyone has a differnt opion.
So FH7 if you can/will turn racist, what does the people who are sponsoring you as their "Pro" Staff think of that? Does not seem "Pro" fessional!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned

It is nice to see some regulation implemented but it sure does not protect any fish at all. Pike in the res are not done spawning till end of May.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM

pike do not need to be protected...
their teeth is protection enough

besides if people would LEARN HOW TO FISH instead of this smelt on the botton and stuff you might catch a trout instead!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM

A lot of Glenmore pike head up the Elbow River to spawn, they go into several oxbows on the Reserve. Fun times on the fly rod with a mouse pattern. No worries, there are only a couple of people who fish for them here, and we all practice catch and release at this time of year.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

Do you guys even know how pike spawn, and what is needed for a successful one? or am i just
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Very true!
lol haahhahhahhh...that will increase the amount of Chinese customers at Whole Sale Sports
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
lol haahhahhahhh...that will increase the amount of Chinese customers at Whole Sale Sports
HAHA But we send all of them to chain lakes LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
HAHA But we send all of them to chain lakes LOL
I think they forget to turn and end up on pcr taking loads of walleye..lol
Old 04-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Never seen anyone asian down at PCR
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM

I have, many times, usually in a big circle..lol
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM

i have also seen a lot of low brow, inbred, trailer park trash retards down there too.......and they all got same bad info\advice from wss....
Closed Thread