Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Good to know!! I'm glad you and your family have found peace here and hope that if called upon you would defend it.

And I agree, religion is the strongest weapon in the world. Unfortunately ISIL is using it for there own gain and similar to the Nazi's is bent on world domination. I'm hoping NATO as a whole will unite and steamroll the group that no other terror group will even think of starting up again for another century.
I would defend this country in a heartbeat and especially against a group like ISIS and I am a Muslim.

One of the million thoughs that crossed my mind today was to work for the government and infiltrate those group, we will never have peace with them living amongst us. As a Muslim Canadian this affects me in more ways than you can imagine.

Also the full cover with only eyes showing is not part of Islam, the head scarf is and the Virgin Mary and nuns wear it.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Isis is not a country. They are terrorists killing men, women and children for the sake of power. We supported the Kurds and Iraq.

Or maybe you have a different world map than I.
I think he has his own world never mind map.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupduck View Post
Prayers for the soldier and his family.
According to reports the gunman was Algerian. Not even the same continent as the countries you listed. Also if we do that how are we different than them? Anger is a normal reaction but the majority of people in those countries are oppressed by the likes of ISIS.

Last edited by masalma; 10-22-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupduck View Post
You should reconsider your post. Still have time to edit...
Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Smarten up.

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 10-22-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 PM

So very saddened by the events of the last few days. Thoughts and strength for the families involved as well as others distraught by these events.

It would take 12 years of elementary,middle,high school and a 8 year doctorate to have a basic understanding of what has brought us to this point of conflict.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Smarten up.
You forgot "talking moose says".
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
I would defend this country in a heartbeat and especially against a group like ISIS and I am a Muslim.

One of the million thoughs that crossed my mind today was to work for the government and infiltrate those group, we will never have peace with them living amongst us. As a Muslim Canadian this affects me in more ways than you can imagine.

Also the full cover with only eyes showing is not part of Islam, the head scarf is and the Virgin Mary and nuns wear it.
Kudo's to you if that is your stance,..but then you don't seem to be a true Muslim.
do you agree with this guy?... http://faithfreedom.org/oped/sina50218.htm
Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalhunter View Post
Something tells me it'd be kinda stoopid for government to start talking about more gun control at the moment....
I don't know about that. The anti-firearms folk are not people that will let a tragedy pass by that they can capitalize on. I am almost certain that we will begin hearing the rumbles of gun control talk from the Liberals & the NDP.

But that is an issue for another day. For now we need to focus on tracking down and breaking the heads of those who think that attacking Canada's soldiers is a good idea.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 PM

]

Stand back take a breath . I know you are angry.all of us sre.

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 10-22-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You forgot "talking moose says".
Good eye! Lol.
Figured I would leave that part out in respect for the thread and soldiers.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Default A Touch Of Class

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...nada-1.2809639
Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Wow good on them. I consider them good neighbours. Just told my family about it and they all said that it was a very touching gesture to their little brother up north.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
You should reconsider your post. Still have time to edit...
I like the way you did that!
Much tact!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 PM

Condolences to the families affected. RIP soldier.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post

Stand up move by Canada's neighbour and best friend.

On that note I am reminded of my disgust and embarrassment that Canada was not as true to our friend in the not so distant past. They wanted to change French fries to freedom fries. I think they could have changed cured pig fat to Cowardly back bacon. To any Americans reading this please know that the government at the time did not represent all Canadians. Thanks for being true friends.

And mods, good job silencing the stupidity in this thread. Please keep it up.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:37 PM

Default Thank you for speaking up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post

I have Muslim friends who are just as appalled (maybe more? - because it tags them with unrealistic perceptions) at this as I am - it has nothing to do with being "Muslim" or being an immigrant. Hell, the immigrant friends all have a much greater appreciation of their opportunities in a free society than I do - simply the reason they are here, like, it appears, you.
BUT, as a Muslim who apparently does not subscribe to phony religious justifications for murder, rape, genocide, etc., you (and thank you, you are already doing it) have to speak up VERY LOUDLY to your fellows, urging them to actually and very clearly state "which side they are on". A huge problem in all of this is that there is a real and justified perception (is it real?) that "ordinary" Muslims are just not very enthusiastic about condemning IS and its equivalents. Can you and those who are on the same wavelength do something to alleviate this general perception? Can you actually insist that your supposed leaders on the religious side of things unanimously, loudly, and vigorously take a stand and condemn this situation in an unqualified manner? Until that happens (not just with a small few, but with a large majority of the "leaders") the "public" is going to label you, and it is not going to be "pretty" in a societal sense.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo may you rest in peace and know that all of Canada will look after your child and that you will not be forgotten.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time and thank you for your service to this great nation of our.

Please know that while here in Alberta may never knew you personally our lives have all been touched by yours.

Jennifer and Brandon.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Default On another note ...

I just received a facebook post ... I am incompetent in posting a link ...Tonight, at the NHL game in Pittsburgh (Flyers v. Penguins), despite no Canuck team being involved, the singer, players, and fans stood and sang "Oh Canada", in solidarity with us and the tragedy in Ottawa. A real class gesture on the part of the Penguins. Very moving. Made me think of the old cold war saying - "If you think the Americans are bad, next time call the Soviets for help" (or the Chinese, North Koreans, etc?).
Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned

http://youtu.be/Ry3NzkAOo3s
Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 PM

I am so sorry that a young soldiers life is lost protecting a bunch of spineless politicians who have no accountability and will not stick there necks out to say what needs to be said.Politicians who have cut the funding to the very thing that may have prevented this.
I have had enough of the" politically correct" crap.
I haven't seen politicians do very many "correct" actions
For some time now.
I'm saying my 2 cents. That's all I have left after taxes.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 PM

Default cpl nathon and is son

He lost is hero today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg son.jpg (25.6 KB, 93 views)

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
My hands are shacking iam so angry right now. Wake up canada terrorist are here and always have been. Ad a nation we have been lucky until this week.im not politically correct and i dont give a damn . Do not trust these people
Seems to me I said roughly the same thing a few days ago and got soundly trounced from my stance.
Take your political correctness and stick it where that sun doesn't shine!( this is directed to the people who insist that we follow political correctness)
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
What do we gain "attacking like a pitbull"? For one thing, we don't know who the enemy is at this point (we can make educated guesses, but we still don't know 100%). If this is what we all think it is, it's a faceless enemy. How do you go after them?
Enough *****footing.

Are the people Christians or buddihsts? If the shoe fits.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
He lost is hero today.
Sad. Very.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 PM

Some level headed posts, some not so much. a few hecklers and a devil's advocate all but one got suspended, . emotions being what they are in this situation I just have a few things to say.

If any radical extremist who thinks violent actions will change this great nation, I laugh at you. a full deep belly laugh, with a maniacal cackle at then end because you have no (expletive delete) idea the (expletive deleted)storm you've just unleashed. Our men and women in uniform are respected world wide for their proficiency and if called upon are willing and quiet capable of demonstrating it. I laugh because the vast majority of people in this nation will not bend knee and will not sacrifice the Canadian Identity of peaceful warm kind and compassionate good will to any and all who embrace her ideals of freedom, free will, self determination, respect for the rule of law and basic human rights we all share and from time to time take for granted because they are apart of us and nothing aside from the complete disintigration of humanity will take that from us. We are the only nation, that I'm aware of, that has NEVER lost or succumbed to attack on home soil.

Now, for a little common sense. those 90 suspected radicals should be left under surveillance. We know of 90, but who are the handlers, can they be used, are they apart of a cell or just browsing extremist materials. If we round them up, we put the rest further into hiding or force their hand into rushing another attack. We must follow prudent investigation methods and tactics and avoid McCarthyism and the notion of internment camps as both are affront to freedom and the rule of law.

If the IS claim that they were in contact with these shooters turns out to be true, I dont trust anything they say, then by all means engage and disassemble them without prejudice. Then as another poster commented, go after the puppet masters. IS didn't form from nothing, they were not trained in the open, there leaders were not released from custody for good behavior, they didn't buy their arms to conquer Raqqa and Mosul with sand and stolen oil or the willing contributions of people within their territories. This war on terrorism is akin to fighting the mythical hydra, you must burn the source or two more heads will grow and attack.

This is not a Caliphate, this is a jumped up robber baron who is using brutality, fear and harsh circumstances to promote and protect itself. For those among us who believe this is nothing but racial or religious extremism I urge you to stop toeing the line and investigate the abundant materials available online and in print that point to the events of the past 30 years in regards to middle eastern affairs being nothing more then political and economic posturing and manipulations with our soldiers and their civilians little more then sacrificial pawns. Today, one of them died here at home and my heart goes out to his family and comrads and Nov. 1 cannot come soon enough, the old poppies I keep in my truck, and the new ones I'll hand over my well earned money for need to be displayed now as much as ever. The last place a soldier should face death is in a place of memory to those they served alongside.

I urge caution in jumping to conclusions or over escalation and extremism in our own reactions, nothing is ever black and white and the proverbial line in the sand is no exception. The wind shifts and the line is erased and meaningless or it becomes a wall with no way back. There is a time to stand up, the time to stand back has past us, but this is not a time to leap ahead of ourselves. This conflict is over a decade old and I don't want to my children or grandchildren, if I ever have any, to be still stuck in this mess.

I will not engage in debate here on this matter. I spoke my heart and mind. my inbox is open.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
He lost is hero today.
Saddest thing I've seen in a long time...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Banned

Internment camps worked in WW11, They can work again. You dont want to use internment camps then you are being reactive, not proactive. The alternate is unacceptable. the good of society outweighs the good of the few.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 PM

Step one; let's shut the door already. Any growth we need can happen organically
Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 PM

I'm as about "right" as you can get on a forum like this, but the tide has just changed. We Canadians are generally peaceable folks...but in the past when convinced of war, we united as a nation and fought to the death. Right and left, Liberal and Conserv!!

A change is gonna come, I hope it's for the better...
Closed Thread