Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-08-2017, 10:05 PM

I have the right to lock up my guns when transporting them if I wish,i read it over and you don't need one buy law,but some guys just choose to.I worked in the bush and kept my gun in my trailer or my truck always locked if I forget to lock my door and being on A job site I just assumed it had to be locked and out sight and I still think nothing of it .
. In Ontario if your gun is not in a case zipped right up after shooting time is over and on your way back going home they the FW charge you with night hunting, so most guys just locked them up that I know incase there zipper breaks
.Plus all guns at gunshows now in Manitoba need to be lockup up with a trigger lock I just got the letter one week ago first time ever.

I just always put one on my guns and less hassle,if you don't want to put one on then don't ,plus having non res hunters with me lotsa times it just became a habit after a while and thought it was right,never hurts to be safe and the camp owners I worked at thought it was just good safety and less hassel from FW.I think the guy that lost his bolt may have just got in the habit of using one and may have been worried about FW ,plus if his gun zipper breaks then he may have taken it out for this reason,being far from home,no big deal .

Having a good or steady safe habit is not a crime if ,may not be everyones cup of tea,but I was so use to doing it an others all around me also. I just thought it was the law to lock them,wasn't trying push down on know one.Take it easy

Last edited by JD848; 04-08-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM

I don't hunt in any areas with wildlife corridors, so the only time the bolt is coming out of my gun is when I'm at my bench.