Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-20-2017, 07:44 PM

Default Feedback on Prairie Springers

Hello. Wondering if anyone has feedback to share on Prairie Springers.

We are on a waiting list for an English Springer pup in the spring/summer.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 08:10 PM

Default Prairie storm?

If you are referring to Prairie Storm and their Springers there is a thread a few days old regarding them...might want to check it out. If not, then I apologize for jumping into your thread, cheers...
Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 PM

I've bred Field Bred Springers for nearly 30 years now and have not heard of this breeder, but that doesn't mean they do not have good dogs. With any breeder, ask about hip and eye clearances, temperament, etc.. Do they hunt their dogs? Do they provide a written guarantee? Have you looked at the pedigrees of the parents you have reserved a pup from? Before committing to a pup, I'd want to talk to people they have placed pups with and if possible I'd go visit the breeder to see their dogs, their facility, etc.. Average life span of a Springer is 12 to 14 years, so you want to make sure you bring the right pup home!!! Good Luck!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonka2 View Post
I've bred Field Bred Springers for nearly 30 years now and have not heard of this breeder, but that doesn't mean they do not have good dogs. With any breeder, ask about hip and eye clearances, temperament, etc.. Do they hunt their dogs? Do they provide a written guarantee? Have you looked at the pedigrees of the parents you have reserved a pup from? Before committing to a pup, I'd want to talk to people they have placed pups with and if possible I'd go visit the breeder to see their dogs, their facility, etc.. Average life span of a Springer is 12 to 14 years, so you want to make sure you bring the right pup home!!! Good Luck!
I'm not tied to prairie.... do you still breed Springers? Any pups forthcoming ?

Merry xmas

Old 12-24-2017, 07:13 AM

We got a springer from Prairie Springers ,just outside Taber and she is an awesome pup, she does a lot for those dogs and my pup has an awesome nose so far . For our dog she docked the tail , gave all up to date shots and even microchipped ,she will send you up to date pics or videos and you can follow on Instagram to see past pics and videos. Good luck with your search
Old 12-24-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAT1 View Post
We got a springer from Prairie Springers ,just outside Taber and she is an awesome pup, she does a lot for those dogs and my pup has an awesome nose so far . For our dog she docked the tail , gave all up to date shots and even microchipped ,she will send you up to date pics or videos and you can follow on Instagram to see past pics and videos. Good luck with your search
Thanks! Merry xmas