Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Question BC Bass Fishing

I'm thinking of fishing for Bass in Skaha and Vaseaux Lakes in BC next month. I 'd like some information on these lakes. How's the Bass fishing? Where do I launch my boat? Where's the good spots in the lakes? Any info would be helpful.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM

I fished at Skaha in a bass tourney last fall.... unfortunately I didn't reap the rewards of the lake like some others did in the tourney, but there are nice smallmouth in there. A bunch of guys weighed in a decent amount of 5lb'ers.

There is a really good launch at the main beach.

We had some success with the bass near the south end of the lake around peoples docks and along the rocks on the west side of the lake.

I wouldn't say it was an 'easy' lake to fish, especially never having been there before. But if you can spend 2 or 3 days i'm sure you will figure it out.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM

When in May? Early=Pre-spawn, mid to late May is spawing season. Pre-spawn fish could be staging deep near spawning areas (weedy flats), spawning fish will be shallow. A cold spell at any time of the month could send the fish deep....

Skaha and Vaseaux are very different lakes. Where to fish on each lake will will depend on water temperature. Vaseax warms up much earlier than Skaha.

One place I always check out for Skaha smallies are the Cliffs on the east side, half way down the lake.

Expecting Pictures and a report.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 PM

I'll be fishing Skaha about May 12, 13 or 14. Thanks for th info.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Pm me fdieter ! I fish skaha lake lots for bass ! Ill give you a couple hints and places !
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 PM

Fished Vaseaux a few times. Trophy bass lake bar none. Did well along the west shore, working the points along the east shore homes and off the island. Saw a couple HUGE bass in the lagoon on the west shore at the south end outlet. Been a couple of years since I last fished it but hope to get back this Sept.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Vasseux lake is paddle only no motors of any kind Something anybody should consider before making the drive and being disappointed.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 PM

I caught a 9.9 pound largemouth in Vaseaux about 20 years ago. The only record was a polaroid taken by the owner of the hotel on the shore that eventually burnt down a few years later destroying the photo...Doh!!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Hey , I fish in skaha lake all the time , and a have reaped the rewards , if u pm , we can talk and set you up with some good fishing
Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 PM

Default RE

I fished Vaseaux lake last year in Aug. I`ll tell you use bobbler and Fake worm Black & Purple sparkle works awesome.Also crankbait & jigs work awesome too. Try to fish around lilly pad area`s and Rock Cliff or bridge area`s. They are hard hitting fish. I am heading down to bc near oliver bc for vacation also fish as well. Gallagher Lake is another good one to fish. Good Luck.