Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Thank you

A special thank goes out to RUMWAL ADVENTURES for hosting the Wabamun Lake Fishing derby. MY SALUTE TO RUMWAL ADVENTURES "GIT - R - DONE"

Old 02-15-2009, 06:49 PM

yup it was a blast. what could be better icefishing and helping the make a wish foundation. fishing to help kids!! thanks rumwal be back next year forsure.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:51 PM

How did it go? What was the biggest fish?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Default BIgest

85cm was the bigest. was a good fun time

Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM

a 13y.o caught a 85 cm pike to win it
Old 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM

Yeah, it wasnt so bad... fishing was a bit slow, but I blame the win....

Either way, I caught the first fish of the tourny, and my buddy Travis caught the most fish(3) and the smallest... LOL

Thanks for the great time....
Old 02-15-2009, 07:37 PM

well in the end we all got out had fun! met new ppl and met old ppl. was for a good cause make a wish foundation. wounder whats next im eger to know in order to be involved .

Old 02-15-2009, 08:05 PM

I drove by today and saw the set up. Lots of cars. Had planned on entering but only brought my interac card. Went to a fav spot of mine and had action all day. Even yanked out an 18 lb'er. Broke my scale hook in one shake. I've been only ice'n it up for a couple years and that was the biggest fish I've ever seen!
Ya , I know, where's the pics....
I'll be prepared next time.

Here gator gator gator.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Gone Fishing

Here is a link to some pics. http://www.clickclassified.ca/Commun...otoAlbumId=104
Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 AM

thank you my friend RUMTAN

Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 AM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
Looks like it was a great time!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Gone Fishing

It was a ton of fun, thanks for your help too HillBillyBarry. At the start of the derby my quad was frozen solid so BBJ lent us his brand new one.....thats a classy move BBJ !!! I would fish with you guys anytime.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 AM

I also would like to thank all the guys for making it a great day out on the ice. the foxhavenfishers.ca guys had a great time and will be out for this derby next year forsure.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Gone Fishing

PoorTurtle your gang was a riot....seemed like everyone there came with the right attitude and made a good thing better.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
It was a ton of fun, thanks for your help too HillBillyBarry. At the start of the derby my quad was frozen solid so BBJ lent us his brand new one.....thats a classy move BBJ !!! I would fish with you guys anytime.
You bet , I really enjoyed the Derby was alot of fun. It wasn't even about catching fish , it was being with friends and , supporting the great Charity .Again you and Gibby and guys , like Jim and Bill you guys did a hell of a job I must say . It was great watching that one fella hand back part of his winnings .Again I must say thank you and anyone reading this who didn't attend , doesn't know what they missed , from the great conversation , to the fishing , to the best burgers around , to so on and so on . It was a blast Thank you Rumwal and Thank you make a wish .
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM

It was a good time, Didnt fish much though. Too bad I saw one group soaking their lures and line in WD-40. Pretty pathetic to cheat at a CHARITY fishing tournement if you ask me
Old 02-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracing_23 View Post
It was a good time, Didnt fish much though. Too bad I saw one group soaking their lures and line in WD-40. Pretty pathetic to cheat at a CHARITY fishing tournement if you ask me
Awe darn should have mentioned something to the Fish and wildlife officers that stopped in . Ive watched a few people do that , I don't know if they catch anymore or anyless fish . Pathetic really .
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned

Good to hear that Make a wish foundation took in some cash.

Now dont get me wrong, I respect Make a wish.. They are doing some great work. BUT I prefer to help out Hunt of a life time. Its the same idea but are more friendly towards kids that wish to hunt and fish.
I remember feeling more than a bit ticked off when they turned down that kid a few years back. I guess you can make a wish providing it falls into PC thinking.

I hear that Kelly Semple is now running the Alberta end of things. Perhaps a call to her would be in order?

Jamie
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Gone Fishing

Obviously you DONT respect the Make-A-Wish and thats your perogative. We do and the proof is in our actions. So call Kelly....call your mom, I dont care who you call...your opinion is your own and if you state it on this forum then you must be trying to get others to think like you do.....and thats just pathetic. This world has room for many worthwhile causes and the people that support them, but to point out a past mistake (if there was such an inccident?) and rant on it, shows a lack of respect to all who work hard for a cause that they believe in.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Jamie theres more to olife then hunting , but its a cool idea.Myself Make a wish is close to my hear , as they do alot I mean alot of good work.I guess its just to hard to keep a good thing positive.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Geeze...

My nephew has leukemia, and has been granted a wish through the Make-A-Wish foundation, weather he will ever get his wish granted is a different story. BUT Jaime not all kids like to hunt and fish, so therefore supporting an event or cause such as the one you had mentioned only really helps a select few, those that get selected to go hunt and fish....

Rumtan and the Rumwal gang host awesome events and raise money for a great cause, one that helps out all kids in all areas. Not those who just hunt and fish.

Hunt of a lifetime does there part and I reviewed their site, is a worth wile cause but can we also respect MAKE-A-WISH, and like Rumtan said
"but to point out a past mistake (if there was such an incident?) and rant on it, shows a lack of respect to all who work hard for a cause that they believe in." as well those who support.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned

You guys are missing my point.
I already said I respect the Make a wish foundation.

Do you guys relise that they purposfully turn down kids who want the chance to do a hunt.
Think about that for a second.

Anvil you said that they help out kids in all areas.. But yet they dont. They only help out kids who want what Make a wish wants. They didnt want to be cast in a bad light by supporting hunting. Let me tell you, they are a short distance away FROM NOT ALLOWING FISHING TRIPS.
Then how will you guys feel?

I dont care what the kid wishes for. I just want to see every wish granted. No matter what!

It was a corporate decsion.

Now all that being said every kid deserves something like this. I think the basis for this charity is outstanding and those that chose to support such a idea are well worth a large pat on the back.

This wasnt a RANT. This was just a suggestion. And one worth looking at.

One important note that should also be considered is that when MAKE A WISH gets a request for a hunting trip some chapters do give referals to Hunt of a Life Time.

Anvil, sorry to hear about your nephew. What was his wish? Thats more important than any of the ramblings I may have.

Jamie

Last edited by Jamie; 02-20-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Good to hear that Make a wish foundation took in some cash.

Now dont get me wrong, I respect Make a wish.. They are doing some great work. BUT I prefer to help out Hunt of a life time. Its the same idea but are more friendly towards kids that wish to hunt and fish.
I remember feeling more than a bit ticked off when they turned down that kid a few years back. I guess you can make a wish providing it falls into PC thinking.

I hear that Kelly Semple is now running the Alberta end of things. Perhaps a call to her would be in order?

Jamie
This quote bothered me, not what you said Jamie but the message. Our company has donated a lot of money to Make a Wish over the last 10 years. One of the true charities I love to support. The thought of them not including hunting and fishing, if it's the child's wish, bothered me. I have contacted them directly and will post the reply I get.

"I have donated in the past to your organization and think what you do
is a great thing. I have just heard a "rumor" on an outdoor board that
you hesitate to grant a wish to kids wanting to go out hunting or
fishing. Is this correct because it will change my view greatly on
your charity? If you do grant those wishes could you please link me to
news article or something I can have as "proof"."
Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

http://www.nesportsman.com/articles/news/news196.shtml

http://www.grantahunt.com/page/page/4315011.htm

http://www.precisionhuntingandfishin...?showtopic=967

http://www.huntofalifetime.org/cgi-b...s.pl?record=22

http://www.timberjay.com/current.php?article=435

I just checked out the make a wish web site. No mention of banning hunting trips. But they do allow fishing trips.

Here is a interesting tidbit as well
From an Ark Trust press release announcing the winners,

“Politically Incorrect” won in the Outstanding Television Talk Show category for fearlessly dissecting the arguments of those who defend Hunting, declaring that animals’ right to live supersedes a dying child’s wish to kill. The discussion followed a policy change by the |Make A Wish Foundation| that denies last wishes involving firearms.

“I thank you all for having me, for giving me this, for noticing, for joining in,” said “Politically Incorrect” host and Executive Producer [Bill] Maher upon accepting his award. “The animals are the most innocent, most speechless, most defenseless creatures and they deserve a mean, take-no-prisoners son-of-a-bitch like me talking for them.”

Jamie

Last edited by Jamie; 02-20-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Gone Fishing

You dont understand Jamie.....the people in the offices of the Make-A-Wish send the kids fishing (if that is their wish) through outfits like ours (free of charge BTW), The ladies in the office are volunteers and they dole out the wishes (whatever they may be) to the appropriate sources that fullfill those wishes. Its not like the staff there hunt or fish, so what else can they do other than out-source the wish? Get real.
Your rant is fruitless and shows how little you really know about the Make-A-Wish.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Rumtan..
This was not meant as a big rant. But you did do a fine thing last weekend and I dont want your thread to be ruined.

I will start another thread and we can discuss it there.
Actually I have to head to work right now, so I will start it up later

Thanks
Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Jaime,

My nephew has not yet made his wish, he is turning 6 years old on the 27th and is in his second year of treatment. I guess I forgot to mention that he also has downsyndrome, I love him with all my heart, he is one hell of a trooper and fighter. Right now he is winning the battle and is trucking along so to say....

how ever if he was to make a wish right now.... it would be dump trucks and Cheeseburgers....lol the chemo drugs he is taking give him some intense food cravings, as for the dump truck ... well he's a little boy.

I also have to say one thing... for a little boy who is fighting cancer... he sure as hell whines alot less than most on this forum!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Rant

Well i must say that Rumwal Adventures did a fine job there last week on there fishing derby and donateing money to the make a wish foundation. now weahter it be hunting fishing or makeing kites IF rumtan wants to do all this chairity work for make a wish and the kids that its goign to then let it me no more ranting about it im quite frankly tired of reading about it in my THANK YOU Rumwal Adventures POST.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
Jaime,

My nephew has not yet made his wish, he is turning 6 years old on the 27th and is in his second year of treatment. I guess I forgot to mention that he also has downsyndrome, I love him with all my heart, he is one hell of a trooper and fighter. Right now he is winning the battle and is trucking along so to say....

how ever if he was to make a wish right now.... it would be dump trucks and Cheeseburgers....lol the chemo drugs he is taking give him some intense food cravings, as for the dump truck ... well he's a little boy.

I also have to say one thing... for a little boy who is fighting cancer... he sure as hell whines alot less than most on this forum!

Anvil...
I love the fact you are in his corner so to speak.
Take care and best wishes to your nephew. Sounds like he is a scraper.. I love Scrapers.

You said he was granted a wish.. Perhaps its something we could work on together. what a great cause.. I can do Dump trucks and CheeseBurgers. LOLOL
Sounds like a great day.

Jamie

Take care