Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Big thanks to the forum!

Hey guys!

It just really occured to me recently how much all of you have really helped me in my efforts to get out fishing again. I've had lots of questions...everything from location to product selection, and I've had nothing but positive, informative, and most of all, friendly responses

I've picked up tons of information from trolling through all the current threads, and searching the archives, and of course from asking questions.

BBJ was also sporting (and patient) enough to take me out and help me finally break my skunk, which probably meant a lot more to me than he realised Definitely look forward to fishing with him again

So again, I just want to say a big thanks to all of you for helping me, directly or indirectly, in my fishing endeavour!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 PM

lots of good people here-BBJ is one of them!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Geezle Thanks dude , like I told you Ive caught 1000's of fish , id sooner help the fellas who want and patient enough to learn. Im always willing to teach if someones willing to learn. Its my pleasure to fish with you anytime. That goes to anyone on this forum.

I learnt plenty from some of the best in my eyes , and worked on perfecting what I do best , catching fish. Now for hunting.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Geezle Thanks dude , like I told you Ive caught 1000's of fish , id sooner help the fellas who want and patient enough to learn. Im always willing to teach if someones willing to learn. Its my pleasure to fish with you anytime. That goes to anyone on this forum.

I learnt plenty from some of the best in my eyes , and worked on perfecting what I do best , catching fish. Now for hunting.
I haven't heard from Skyhoof for a couple days, but hopefully he'll be good to go for this weekend still. It's my goal to get out this weekend no matter what! Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet up with you again

As a sidenote, what size weight were we using when I was out with you before, and where did you get it? I haven't noticed them at TFH, but if I can track one or two down I'll replace what I lost of yours last time we were out next time I see you

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Yes, these forum folks are pretty awesome. I've learned so much here . . . from asking my own questions, from reading other people's, and from the two folks I've been able to fish with (Sun and Baitfisher). Ran into Badback at WSS while he was doing some shopping, and he was a great help too I don't know the handle of the BPS employee who helped me out last time I was in there (I know he's on this board), but he was a wealth of information.

I've been able to pass on lots of this collected info too: to those around me in my day-to-day life.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM

x10... this is a great forum and I have learned a great deal from many of you.

cheers,

Jay
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I haven't heard from Skyhoof for a couple days, but hopefully he'll be good to go for this weekend still. It's my goal to get out this weekend no matter what! Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet up with you again

As a sidenote, what size weight were we using when I was out with you before, and where did you get it? I haven't noticed them at TFH, but if I can track one or two down I'll replace what I lost of yours last time we were out next time I see you
Sorry for the Delayed reply , been busy , getting ready to do some hunting . The weight we used were 4 Oz pyramid sinkers . As for the weekend that works for me , Ill rally a few troops up to join in , or at least see if there interested .

And don 't Worry about replaceing what was lost , Thats a minor detail . You build up what you need and Ill take care of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayball View Post
x10... this is a great forum and I have learned a great deal from many of you.

cheers,

Jay
Defenetly , its like a Big ole family everyone helps out everybody. The odd sniveler but thats expected . But Yes Alberta Outdoorsmen is a great place.Not to mention Addicting

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 09-02-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Sorry for the Delayed reply , been busy , getting ready to do some hunting . The weight we used were 4 Oz pyramid sinkers . As for the weekend that works for me , Ill rally a few troops up to join in , or at least see if there interested .

And don 't Worry about replaceing what was lost , Thats a minor detail . You build up what you need and Ill take care of me
Aww John, you're such a good sport

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Aww John, you're such a good sport
geezle if BBJ offers to show up in his camo gear, RUN for the HILLS!!!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
geezle if BBJ offers to show up in his camo gear, RUN for the HILLS!!!!!!
I thought BBJ was always in camo gear

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I thought BBJ was always in camo gear
after the get together, I sincerely hope not LOL

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
after the get together, I sincerely hope not LOL
Wasn't around for that one...

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to one of the bigger gatherings one of these days and meet some of the gang

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Just figured I'd dig this one up.

Met up with Cal a little while ago and picked up that hand auger, so now I get to say another big thanks to Cal! I'm slowly assembling the things I'll need for when (ugh!) hard water season rolls around. Also look forward to maybe getting out to Slave next year to do some fishing with him

I'd also like to say thanks to Shelley and BBJ for helping me with all my questions regarding buying my new rod and reel

Oh yeah, last night I also got to go out fishing and meet a couple more board members...rollie, buckmaster, and redneck posse. Good bunch of guys I hope to be able to hang out with again in the future

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 PM

you ever get the pike itch and want to drive a few hours, Id be more than happy to take you fishing around here Geezel

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
you ever get the pike itch and want to drive a few hours, Id be more than happy to take you fishing around here Geezel
Thanks for the invite!

I'd definitely love to come down there and nail some pike...it's been many moons.

Right now life in general is pretty hectic, but I'd love to come down maybe sometime in the winter for some ice fishing, or next open water season for sure.

If you've got a place for me to crash it'd be nice to come for at least a couple days and make a good trip of it

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 AM

I have tons of room, you got it ice or not frozen, either way.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 AM

we will have to make a gathering of it. minus BBJs thong of ourse, I only have so many working brain cells left, cant waste too many more

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
we will have to make a gathering of it. minus BBJs thong of ourse, I only have so many working brain cells left, cant waste too many more
Sounds awesome, as soon as I can make the time, you'll be hearing from me!

And the more I hear about that thong...the less I want to hear about that thong...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM

And the more I hear about that thong...the less I want to hear about that thong...[/QUOTE]

dude, be thankful you didnt SEE that thong!!!!!!!!! still having nightmares!!!!!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
And the more I hear about that thong...the less I want to hear about that thong...
dude, be thankful you didnt SEE that thong!!!!!!!!! still having nightmares!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm dying to see it. BBJ sounds like he's a real laugh when he gets going.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
dude, be thankful you didnt SEE that thong!!!!!!!!! still having nightmares!!!!!!!!
Personally, I'm dying to see it. BBJ sounds like he's a real laugh when he gets going.[/QUOTE]

Oh my Darkaisling You know not what your saying, maybe the fishing gods can help you before its to late.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Wayne and Karen are two of the nicest people and I dont say that lightly, they hosted myself and my better half for a weekend ( but we had to sleep with the black widow spiders) We had a blast and some great conversation.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Oh my Darkaisling You know not what your saying, maybe the fishing gods can help you before its to late.
Someone, I'm not saying who, sent me a very good picture of the thong (in use).

I must say . . . I really wanna see it now, as I just don't believe it

Old 09-12-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Wayne and Karen are two of the nicest people and I dont say that lightly, they hosted myself and my better half for a weekend ( but we had to sleep with the black widow spiders) We had a blast and some great conversation.
Awesome I really look forward to making a bit of a trip down there for a couple days of fishing, hard or open water, whatever we can make work.

I've met a handful of people from the board here now and so far they've all been great...look forward to meeting some more in the future

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Someone, I'm not saying who, sent me a very good picture of the thong (in use).

I must say . . . I really wanna see it now, as I just don't believe it
The more I hear about this the more I think of it as a train wreck...on one hand I really want to see what it's all about...on the other hand...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
The more I hear about this the more I think of it as a train wreck...on one hand I really want to see what it's all about...on the other hand...
That's exactly it! Its one of those things thats so appalling it just has to be seen

Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That's exactly it! Its one of those things thats so appalling it just has to be seen
it's a good thing BBJ's a good sport about it all

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-13-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
it's a good thing BBJ's a good sport about it all
hes a good man. as big a sense of humour as his thong!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM

john in the thong made me cry!