Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-29-2016, 10:36 PM

Exclamation Asking for help? Am i taking a long shot here?

Okay so I know I am taking a long shot here but...
I was drawn for the Cow moose tag in 248 (Strathcona and Leduc county) my father was drawn for the Bull moose tag in 248 (Strathcona and Leduc county) and we both have the Stathcona county Whitetail deer licenses. all valid until Dec 7
We have been scouting since for a few summers now and knocking on doors with little success for permission on private land...
we have been hunting hard on public land but with 0 success. (we haven't harvested a big game animal in over 2 years now.) I do know the whitetail numbers are down from what they were in the past as well which does not help.

Okay so rant over, now here's my question and again i know its a long shot.
Is there anyone out there in strathcona or leduc county (in WMU 248) who owns land, who has contact with a land owner, or hunts land that has either whitetail deer or moose and wouldn't mind an animal being harvested?
Me and my father are ethical hunters and are very respectful of the land, we will abide by any rules you or the land owner has. Also we would be more then willing to share the harvest or give a helping hand if needed! Please I'm not trying to steal your honey hole or take a trophy animal either, I'm just looking to put some meat in the freezer and make some memories with my father
If anyone can help please PM me or post a message here and i will send you my name, and number so we can get in contact...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE help me?

Tags
edmonton, moose, strathcona county, whitetail deer, wmu 248