Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM

Default Osoyoos lake?

Has anybody ever fished Osooyos Lake in southern B.C. before? I'm going to be in Penticton in May, and have booked a guided bass trip on Osooyos. Hope to catch a few bass, so I can cross them off my bucket list.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Has anybody ever fished Osooyos Lake in southern B.C. before? I'm going to be in Penticton in May, and have booked a guided bass trip on Osooyos. Hope to catch a few bass, so I can cross them off my bucket list.
Actually I think Skaha Lake and Vaseaux which are near Penticton may even be better than Osoyoos.

But check out this link for Bass fishing Osoyoos lake. BCFishn.com is a great resource for fishing BC lakes. Danny Coyne who runs it is super helpful too. Will answer any questions you may have. Check it out.

http://bcfishn.com/early-summer-smal...ake/#more-1869

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 02-26-2015, 10:19 PM

I've fished and caught at both skaha and Osoyoos. (Better luck at Osoyoos).

And I've seen guys who actually know what they are doing catch big bass at both lakes.

When I fished Osoyoos last summer it was in August and the lake was really busy. I think going in May is a good choice.

I seen some huge largemouth at the north end of the lake near the canal and I caught a smallmouth near the causeway and along the point at the provincial park.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 AM

All 3 lakes in this thread are good. No need for a guide in my opinion.

Just bring

spinner baits chartreuse/white and chartreuse/black

Raphalas floating and sinking 4inch firetiger and the original black back goldy brown body.

Rubber worms/lizards 6-12inch carolina rigged blue, watermelon, and reddish brown.

Work anything they can hide in 3-15 ft of water docks, trees, weed beds, and lily pads

If you are not picking weeds off your gear or snagging up you're not bass fishing.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2015, 05:23 PM

fish in less than 5', they'll be spawning and extremely aggressive! they will crush anything that comes close to their beds. get some poppers for explosive top water action - no guides required!
cast as close as possible to every dock you see and you'll hook up.
So jealous....
Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM

I've fished both Vaseaux and osoyoss and have had some nice days on both. Vaseaux IMO has better and bigger bass. did well on the central west side and in the lagoons at outlet. Also had a some fun flyfishing off the homes on the east side of the lake. Osoyoss I've only fished around the inlet and the lagoons around it. you can get into some nice greenbacks. Had success with texas rigged weedless plastic worms. I've always liked the Mann's jelly worms. Also had luck on various surface poppers and flygear (poppers and streamers).
Old 02-27-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reel Deal View Post
fish in less than 5', they'll be spawning and extremely aggressive! they will crush anything that comes close to their beds. get some poppers for explosive top water action - no guides required!
cast as close as possible to every dock you see and you'll hook up.
So jealous....
the water's usually really clear there too, so you can see their beds. at the tail end of spawning season we were casting right near them and getting hammered. really enjoyed my time at osoyoos lake!