Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2019, 11:01 AM

Default Cabin Break In December 1 2019

Hey Everyone,

Just had a break in 90 minutes ago:

https://youtu.be/SP40nJxiZfY

Stay safe and make sure everything is locked up.

Cheers
Old 12-01-2019, 11:12 AM

Nothing like a little armed robbery on a Sunday morning. Sorry to hear about this mate. Nice camera quality though.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:28 AM

This kind of crime is getting out of control.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Dirty thieving MO FO'S man. They are aloud to rob you at gun point but we are not allowed to protect ourselves. Guess it's a good thing you weren't home. It could have got ugly with the driver having a shotgun. Pretty ballzie. Wonder if they will get caught. Oh ya I forgot, the PO PO don't respond or investigate frivolous on goings.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Default re

Ya it does suck. My father is headed out there now. The garage door is likely to be smashed apart. We are installing a very loud and active alarm this week now.

I recommend RING cameras they help a ton.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 AM

I would HATE for you to do posters with the prints, laminated, offering a cash reward for information, and then putting the posters up around various local gas stations, convenience stores, or ANYWHERE A LARGE UNEMPLOYED GROUP resides in the area.

You would probably find out very quickly all the information you would need.

The welder in the back of the truck is probably also stolen, so you might want to see if any farmers in the area had a B & E as well. They may be very grateful for your information!

Maybe put the poster near that pawn shop near St. Paul with a list of the stolen stuff. Or perhaps LLB????

It is a bit of work to run around putting up laminated posters, but when I did this years back when building my Cabin and having some tools stolen, I had all the names within a few days. The stuff was at a pawn shop on the highway near St. Paul, and was not worth the gas to go retrieve.

The info was used by the RCMP to solve about 30 B & E's of cabins at Calling Lake and putting the gang in jail, some for as much as 4 years.

It is funny what putting a price on someone's head will do.

You see, there is no honour among thieves.

Its also hard to unload the stuff for the thieves as everyone is thinking that there could be a reward if the stuff is the stuff on the posters.

By the way, I am really impressed with your Security camera system. I did not hear any alarms screaming though?

Drewski
Old 12-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
I would HATE for you to do posters with the prints, laminated, offering a cash reward for information, and then putting the posters up around various local gas stations, convenience stores, or ANYWHERE A LARGE UNEMPLOYED GROUP resides in the area.

You would probably find out very quickly all the information you would need.

The welder in the back of the truck is probably also stolen, so you might want to see if any farmers in the area had a B & E as well. They may be very grateful for your information!

Maybe put the poster near that pawn shop near St. Paul with a list of the stolen stuff. Or perhaps LLB????

It is a bit of work to run around putting up laminated posters, but when I did this years back when building my Cabin and having some tools stolen, I had all the names within a few days. The stuff was at a pawn shop on the highway near St. Paul, and was not worth the gas to go retrieve.

The info was used by the RCMP to solve about 30 B & E's of cabins at Calling Lake and putting the gang in jail, some for as much as 4 years.

It is funny what putting a price on someone's head will do.

You see, there is no honour among thieves.

Its also hard to unload the stuff for the thieves as everyone is thinking that there could be a reward if the stuff is the stuff on the posters.

By the way, I am really impressed with your Security camera system. I did not hear any alarms screaming though?

Drewski
Pick the right area and you could take a couple zeros off that reward. All about honor until it means getting something for free or stealing. Then it’s every person for themselves.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:39 PM

Sorry to hear you joined a long list of victims, hope they get busted. Great camera quality, I could be wrong but it sure looked like the driver was hitting a pipe there pretty good. Probably just my imagination and bias against meth heads....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Damn snow on the bumper, too bad.

Grizz
Old 12-01-2019, 01:01 PM

That's quite the collection of goods from earlier break-ins in the box of the truck. Sorry for your Family having to put up with crap like this.

Hopefully your great footage will help catch these idiots!!! Probably let them out for Christmas though, just to steal more stuff.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:59 PM

the police will arrest these guys and they will be back on the streets within 24 hours
Old 12-01-2019, 02:03 PM

The two broads walked away, how far could they go if their ride wasn't waiting?

Brutal punks, hope they catch them.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Sooner;4066033]The two broads walked away, how far could they go if their ride wasn't waiting?

.......probably just down the road to where the truck was parked doing another B & E !
Old 12-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Damn snow on the bumper, too bad.

Grizz
More than likely stolen

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
the police will arrest these guys and they will be back on the streets within 24 hours
sad but true

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-01-2019, 03:00 PM

Canada's finest at work.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:14 PM

oh these useless bastards need to be caught, strung up by appendages for the rest of the world to see. Great video, I just found cameras with 2 way voice, I can tell them to get lost, describe them to themselves, might be a decent deterrent.

Hope you get some satisfaction.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Default really !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
The two broads walked away, how far could they go if their ride wasn't waiting?

gee if i had to guess ah never mind.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post

gee if i had to guess ah never mind.
Neighbor has a place on fork..... hes driving up there now. Hoping he wasnt hit too.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:28 PM

We need more healing lodges stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 12-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Scum of the earth. Funny how they have no fear. In no hurry whatsoever, no repercussions for them and they are aware of that. Armed and with other stolen gear in box. Career criminals and IR is full of them. What are the police going to do for the working man?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Default thank you

Thank you everyone, the shares and views have help spread the news and have had a couple people email me the same name for ID.

If you live out in fork lake we have a facebook group going for these things.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7535...932/?ref=share

So everyone stays safe and keeps an eye out for each other.

Cheers
Old 12-01-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumper33 View Post
Thank you everyone, the shares and views have help spread the news and have had a couple people email me the same name for ID.

If you live out in fork lake we have a facebook group going for these things.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7535...932/?ref=share

So everyone stays safe and keeps an eye out for each other.

Cheers
I know quite a few people at Fork. I’ll pass this along to them in case they’re not aware of this!
Old 12-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumper33 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just had a break in 90 minutes ago:

https://youtu.be/SP40nJxiZfY

Stay safe and make sure everything is locked up.

Cheers
Unbelievable stupidity
Old 12-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Driver has the shottie and also is concerning to see the one girl has bear mace ready. Who knows if that is for a dog or person response.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Nothing like a little armed robbery on a Sunday morning. Sorry to hear about this mate. Nice camera quality though.
Personally I wouldn’t classify that as armed robbery. While yes he had a firearm in the vehicle I did not see him pointing it towards the house or exiting the vehicle with the shotgun as they broke into the building. For all we know it is stolen from another robbery and was sitting in the front seat and he moved it to let the 3rd person out of the truck. Too much to speculate but from that video it wasn’t used in the commission of the crime or on his person when he was breaking into the structure. Kinda like saying it’s sexual assault because you punch a women but happen to be a man with the required equipment...

Either way sucks that it happens so frequently in Alberta. People can say what they want about the USA but when I listen to all y’all on AO talk I about who’s car is stolen and whose houses have been broken into etc.. compared to what I know we get here in Montana (being in law enforcement down here) I’m amazed how much higher rural crime is in AB. I’m sure it changes when you go to places like Chicago or LA but dang! Sure sucks for the law abiding!
Old 12-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Personally I wouldn’t classify that as armed robbery. While yes he had a firearm in the vehicle I did not see him pointing it towards the house or exiting the vehicle with the shotgun as they broke into the building. For all we know it is stolen from another robbery and was sitting in the front seat and he moved it to let the 3rd person out of the truck. Too much to speculate but from that video it wasn’t used in the commission of the crime or on his person when he was breaking into the structure. Kinda like saying it’s sexual assault because you punch a women but happen to be a man with the required equipment...

Either way sucks that it happens so frequently in Alberta. People can say what they want about the USA but when I listen to all y’all on AO talk I about who’s car is stolen and whose houses have been broken into etc.. compared to what I know we get here in Montana (being in law enforcement down here) I’m amazed how much higher rural crime is in AB. I’m sure it changes when you go to places like Chicago or LA but dang! Sure sucks for the law abiding!
Of course, You Americans have a few more options available, that we don't.
Grizz
Old 12-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Of course, You Americans have a few more options available, that we don't.
Grizz
That is true. I hear calls for vigilante justice all the time in Alberta and then everyone poo poos conceal carry and the ability to own certain Firearms etc... all I know is you break into my house and something is going to happen that you don’t like so much. Even if all it is is a taser or OC spray. Absolutely stupid that Canada declares those off limits for citizens!
Old 12-01-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
That is true. I hear calls for vigilante justice all the time in Alberta and then everyone poo poos conceal carry and the ability to own certain Firearms etc... all I know is you break into my house and something is going to happen that you don’t like so much. Even if all it is is a taser or OC spray. Absolutely stupid that Canada declares those off limits for citizens!
time to move to Montana
Old 12-01-2019, 11:40 PM

Wasn’t there a law passed saying we could protect ourselves and property.
Maybe im wrong