Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Found a new place to run/train a bird dog

So I was heading out to Strathmore from calgary to take the pup out for what is turning out to be walks with guns. I usually head out Glenmore trail, so as I am approaching Langdon I notice(a phesant forever site)on the west bank of the canal. I hit the brakes and swing around, this site may have been there forever but since in years past it's an esentially no hunting area I drive through on auto pilot.

But now I am always looking for places to run the pup especially ones with birds. So as I pull in there is a lady packing up her GSP and even though it is a no hunting area we got the pup out and took a quick walk. Needless to say since it is a Phesants Forever demo site the cover is fantastic, the pup had to get wet, but I did not take a close look at the water to get a feel for how safe it would be for a little pups into to water, I suspect the current is a little fast for intro but Dash made it in and out fine.

I did not go to the end but it seems plenty big to burn the energy off a dog in a hunting like situation.

So Glenmore Tail almost to langdon west side of the canal

http://maps.google.com/?ll=50.979345...23239&t=h&z=16