Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
You have every right to be choked 3for3. You got up early and made it to the stretch of river before everyone else, to have it infringed upon by ignorant anglers. A lot of anglers don't understand that some people go fishing to get away from people.

Before I go fishing, I devise a plan that includes multiple stretches/rivers in the area. If a vehicle is parked at the access of plan A, then I move on to different water. 99% of the time plan A doesn't get foiled because most fisherman are too lazy to get up early and hike multiple KM's into their first hole.

You should have thrown that late-comer into the river, maybe next time he'd think twice about infringing upon another man's peace. If he would have stopped and said he was hiking 2 or 3 km upstream from your spot, then it'd be all good, but to fish within sight of you, that's unreal. Who is he to think that he can sleep-in.....on opening weekend......and jack another anglers spot.

It's stories like this why I don't fish the bow, because with lots of anglers, the odds are good that there'll be at least one idiot that doesn't have etiquette.
Are you for real?? You want 2 or 3KM of water for your self.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:45 PM

Obviously places like the bow, livingston, ram etc, this isn't possible. On some of the central alberta streams, I don't think its outrageous. It's simple, if you see a truck parked at the access, go somewhere else. I don't know about you, but when I go fishing, I go out all day, so 2-3km isn't that much river
Old 06-21-2016, 12:18 AM

Rea nice guys, first time poster comes on and it all unravels to the point where people start calling others idiots for not doing this or not doing that or for doing this or that.
Lighten up, it's not that big a deal.
A little courtesy can go a long way but I did not see a lot of it in this thread.

There is no need to go any further with this .
Cat