Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-20-2017, 04:20 PM

Default Recommendation for Verado Service Center

Folks, curious who is regarded as the best Verado service center in Alberta?

This is really a pre-sales question as this would be my first Verado (200 L4 or 200 L6) and want to make sure I can find a servicing dealer I can trust.

I realize that Bass Pro Shops in Calgary and Barry Jay's in Edmonton might be obvious answers, but wanted to get someone with some direct experience on the matter.

Also, I might do a seperate post, but feel free to comment (or PM me) on your level of contentment with the Verado L6.

P.S. I am also aware of http://www.veradoclub.com/index.php as a resource.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:40 PM

There's several good repair shops for the Verado in Calgary and Edmonton area.

The L6 Verado is without a doubt the best outboard I've owned, you'd have a really hard time convincing me to go with anything else on my next boat. Powerful right from holeshot to wide open, not affected by altitude, effortless power steering, digital shift/throttle, easy maintenance, very reliable, and best of all, soooooo quiet. You'll forget it's running at idle (literally lol), and you can easily carry on a conversation at full throttle.

The only downside to the Verado is they're thirsty at wide open, back off to mid range cruising speed and their fuel economy is pretty good. Certainly comparable to the other brands. ETEC is the fuel economy champ though.

The L4 is a good outboard too, but not nearly as smooth, quiet, or powerful as the L6 though.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
There's several good repair shops for the Verado in Calgary and Edmonton area.

The L6 Verado is without a doubt the best outboard I've owned, you'd have a really hard time convincing me to go with anything else on my next boat. Powerful right from holeshot to wide open, not affected by altitude, effortless power steering, digital shift/throttle, easy maintenance, very reliable, and best of all, soooooo quiet. You'll forget it's running at idle (literally lol), and you can easily carry on a conversation at full throttle.

The only downside to the Verado is they're thirsty at wide open, back off to mid range cruising speed and their fuel economy is pretty good. Certainly comparable to the other brands. ETEC is the fuel economy champ though.

The L4 is a good outboard too, but not nearly as smooth, quiet, or powerful as the L6 though.
Exactly this, I've been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to drive a lot of boats, from the 3.0l to a 6.2L Scorpion, brand new four strokes, two strokes and then the VERADOS!

The L6 is an amazing motor, and I honestly forget it's running sometimes and you can have a conversation at WOT without raising your voice.

As for the service center, I am pretty sure I the City uses Bass Pro for there Verados.... That's gotta say something.

What boat is the Verado going to take for a stroll?
Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 PM

The people at Bass are not all that qualified at least not that I have see. I may get some flack for this recommend but if you want a good mechanic that will fix your motor the first time then my go to is B&L Marine in Calgary. old Bob is pretty grumpy but they do know their motors and can fix em right the first time.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:55 AM
Banned

River runners in Taber Rob will go the extra mile. There’s nothing he won’t do to keep u on the water. There was a couple of guys in tournament year ago blew there motor the first morning at start line, they went to river runners to see if there was anything that could be done, there was nothing Motor was shot. Rob lent them a tournament boat. No questions asked. They were back in the tournament by noon.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:47 AM

I totally agree with Troller, Bob is the best boat motor mechanic I know. His electronics work is a bit questionable but he fixes boat motors very well.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
if you want a good mechanic that will fix your motor the first time then my go to is B&L Marine in Calgary. old Bob is pretty grumpy but they do know their motors and can fix em right the first time.
X3. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the info. Just a couple of followups:

1. Someone asked what boat? Either a ZV18 or a Lund 189 Prov GL
2. Truth be told, in a seriours situation, I would drive anywhere for good service. But technically I would be in the Edmonton area. Its funny how no one mentioned any dealers in the Edmonton area.

Tags
verado 200 l6 service