Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
Wow am I ever behind the Ball!!!
I have been busy with raising chickens I have not been out fishing this season... and now I miss this gathering.....:
I would have seriously loved to get out this weekend and join the rest of you all camping. But I have something rather important that is holding me back in the city this weekend. My darling sweetheart is going in for an operation in a few hours and she needs me this weekend.

Hope you all have a blast...

Maybe there will be another gathering??
MR ANVIL , nice to see your graced us with your presents . Next time buddy next time . Tell Karrie to heal up and get better soon as we ought to get some fishing in . you hang in there my friend and we shall send you pictures from the shindig 2010

FOLKS THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE YEEEEEEHAW . EVERYONE DRIVE SAFE , AND WE SHALL SEE YOU THIS EVENING SOMETIME . Im going to go get groceries and get my leg changed and OFF A FISHIN I AGO .
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM

Im off too, drive safe people and see you around the campfire. Dont forget your pike slime towels!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Dont forget your pike slime towels!!!!
I thought thats what you were for Wayne See you there drive safe .
Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Ok guys get moving.... Wayne, the speed limit is 110 not 160.. Karen kick his butt my girl..... See ya all at the campsite. Tonyflyfish i neeeeeeed to hear from you and it better be good news.....
Old 06-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Hey John, try not to get too outfished by the kids
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Should pull in around 2, 230 this afternoon. Fishing by 4!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Should be out there right around 8 as predicted earlier. Gotta wait till the kid gets home from his field trip then I can high tail it out there. Save me a nice spot guys...
Old 06-18-2010, 09:02 AM

We're hoping to roll out at 11 . . . but Craig is still bangin' in floor! He still has to fix the trailer lights, too. I've just about got everything together. Still haven't done the grocery shopping though

G is hot 'n' cold. As long as we keep him good and doped up he should be fine.

We should be there sometime before dark.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Well, we're back to plan "A" and will be getting a hotel room in Rocky.

The dude who sold us this trailer has chalked up some seriously BAD karma (and if I ever see him again, I'll beat him . . . badly).

Hope to leave here around 1-1:30.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM

Default Thank you !!!!

Let me be the first to Thanks Roachmen and the Fishing hole and Hal for all the Generous gifts that were given for the Kids and Adults . Also want to Thank Cathy for her hard work of getting everything so perfect , also for use of her new boat .

Im glad you all could come it was a blast , some very memorable conversations , from Wayne finding Saturn in 5 different spots to not finding Orion's belt , Oh then there's Ranchy Balls . I can officially say I made it to my tent every night . It was nice to meet some new folks Dmckay's Family , Cathy's grandboy Is my now new Favorite fishing partner , and must admit that She is the CASTOFF CHAMPION OF ALBERTA OUTDOORSMEN FORUM.Hunter trav and his kids were awesome and very funny . Fishbrain and his BUCKIN PANTS , definitely got me Great to see them agian all though there son wasnt the singing genius he was at Gull lake this past winter . Johninab glad you were able to come , as always a good time some good laughs , and hope your back gets better . I dont think Ive missed anyone , but if I have glad I meet you and must not have any fond memories of you Except for Dave B I think his name was there but didn't say hello got to witness the worst cast off compilation EVER. Oh and Dark Alisling the magical disappearing act

There will be lots of pictures once people get them edited and what not and Post them at a later time . Again Thank you Roachmen , I can tell you first hand those kids were very happy for the gifts they received .

JTS we missed ya man it wasnt the same , And Tonyflyfisher it was a sad sad sad day .

Some alright pictures . Sorry for there lack of .
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...20JUNE%20MEET/

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 06-20-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Yes a big thank you to roachman, Hal and
the Fishin Hole for the gifts for the kids. It was like Christmas in June for them all.

TJ, thanks for the gifts you brought for the grown ups. The casting competition was fun, especially listening to Wayne's excuses!

My first ever AO gathering like this I have attended and definitely now looking forward to the next one.

Great bunch of people and good times had by all.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Let me be the first to Thanks Roachmen and the Fishing hole and Hal for all the Generous gifts that were given for the Kids and Adults .
Oh that note, I found one of the compass/thermometer tools purchased by Hal underneath my seat in the truck on the way home. If any of the kids didn't get one, please PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you pronto! I felt terrible about that, and I was going to call Cathy about it when I got distracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Oh and Dark Alisling the magical disappearing act

Let's just say that owning your own business can really suck at times . . . my poor honey has been busting his hump since 3 am trying to save our biggest contract (and he's had to fire a friend of 25 years).

C'est la vie.

It was great to meet some new faces, and spend some more time with the familiar ones I'm looking forward to the next gathering . . . though I'll be leaving Craig and Grayson at home next time: so I have some time to fish!

EDIT: I've learned that Hunter Trav's boy didn't get the compass tool, so I'll be making that right pronto. My apologies. I should have counted just to be 100% sure that they were all there!

Last edited by DarkAisling; 06-20-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Yes it was a great time and memories forever. The grandson caught his first ever pike, recieved his first ever fishing rod. The AO members cannot thank everyone who donated gifts and prizes. It was unreal. Not a peep out of the kids that where there. No arguing or bickering. Laughter was the only sound you heard. Will post pic later. Shelly I have 3 lanyards left. If someone did not recieve one let me know. Great job by the way on them the kids loved them. It was whistling morning on Medicine Lake. Having this by the water payed off as the kids didnt come out, prunes is what we all got back......
Old 06-20-2010, 09:03 PM

All around awesome time I had a blast and met some really great people I cant wait for the next one!! It was great to meet all of you and cant wait to see you all again!!

Special thanks to Johninab for taking me out in his boat all weekend hope i didnt outfish you to bad lol jk it was a blast!!

Thanks to Roachman and Darkaisling for hooking up the kids they loved it!!!

And Kathy of course for organizing great location and great event!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM

I am glad to hear that it was a great time. I apologize that I could not attend my own gathering. But it was done in high fashion from what I am told, My hats off to you all. Its a shame cause I would have been the biggest kid there. The next gathering will be for the adults Time for us to be able to play a little without the worry of little eyes and ears running around. I will set it up so that all the regs can attend Steve, Ken and Sandra etc. Again I thank all of you who stepped up and made this a great event. You all are the definition of both good people and responsible anglers. It is my privilege and honor to call you all my friends

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Send out a link to some photos to a bunch of folks, but the forum won't let me send anymore PMs for another 1/2 hour.

Can someone please send the link to JohninAB and dmckay?

Only two more photos to upload. Sorry, I won't publicly share the link as there are quite a few pictures of people's children . . . and I only post photos online of my minor children.

Thx

Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I am glad to hear that it was a great time. I apologize that I could not attend my own gathering. But it was done in high fashion from what I am told, My hats off to you all. Its a shame cause I would have been the biggest kid there. The next gathering will be for the adults Time for us to be able to play a little without the worry of little eyes and ears running around. I will set it up so that all the regs can attend Steve, Ken and Sandra etc. Again I thank all of you who stepped up and made this a great event. You all are the definition of both good people and responsible anglers. It is my privilege and honor to call you all my friends
Jeff a few of us fine executive members came up with a sweet location . I will pm you . And maybe we can get working on that .
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM

A huge thank you to everyone that made this gathering happen!! Roachmen, Hal53, Dark Aisling and the Fishing Hole for contributing prizes for the kids. TJ, thanks for doing the "big kid" prizes. The Cool Ranch story was priceless.

Thanks to JTS1 for getting the ball rolling and Cathy for running with it! This was my first gathering and you are all great people. I will be back for more!!!

Thanks Cathy for letting me go out in the boat....got to catch my first pike and see Noah get his first fish! Thanks for the fly lesson, I'll be practicing. We all had an amazing time and met some outstanding people. Can't wait to see you all again!

Pics are coming!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 AM

That was an awesome weekend, my kids were out within 5 minutes of hittting the road for home...LOL The weather was great, the kids had a blast, got cool prizes, and will probably talk about this non stop for weeks to come. That group site was awesome, and having our own private boat launch was sweet. We'll have to book early for next year!!! Oh, and thanks to all those who donated the prizes!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:27 AM

Default Kids pictures

Ok parents, I have all the kids pics in a separate album, PM me for the password and location. Most of them were taken by one of the kids too.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM

WHAT A BLAST!!!, The kids want to do it again this weekend!!
First I will thank Roachman, and TFH for all the donations, they were awesome!!! Really happy I put the whistles into the cooler for the way home. Anyone else who donated, THANK YOU aswell.
DarkAisling, Thank you for lending us a tent for the weekend, it made life real simple for us. Glad you were able to make it for at least one day.
BBJ, Good to see you again, and I will try to find you some BUCKING Pajamas if you like. LMAO. I forgot to get some of those pike flies from you.
Trav, great to meet you and thanks for taking me in the boat for the couple days, Man your lure is a strike machine. We need the wives to meet!!
Wayne, Dude you are funny as ****, thanks for the laughs and the lure you gave me to use, it is a strike machien as well.
TJ, Man you had it going on, that lure you told me to try, caught my only fish on Sunday!! I think you are my kids new best friend. all those prizes you handed out its a wonder they let you leave.
Flygirl, thanks for the tips for using the flyrod, and helping put all this together, and keeping us in check. lol
Dmckay, Great meeting you and the family, I think we should go out on Sunday with out the families and put some fish on some flies!!
I know I am missing people and it was great meeting you all, such as JohninAB and others. John, we can tell you work for the gov't, your a pretty quiet fellow. lol Compaired to the rest of the hoolagins, ahahahahahaha

We have not had a weekend this good in a while, and we sincerely thank you all for this. I just cant believe how relaxed I am at the moment

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 AM

I agree, it was an amazing weekend, Ive never seen so many kids together with no crying, fighting, whining or major injuries. The children were good too!!!! Thanks to the donators, and those who organized the weekend and prizes. Met some more forum members and all great people. Cant wait for the next one, Im very glad it turned out that I was able to attend. A few pics for now, since I havent even made it home yet.

The biggest kids of the weekend.

and this is what it was all about.

More pics to follow, including the infamous casting contest,eventually, got some fish to catch today.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
Trav, great to meet you and thanks for taking me in the boat for the couple days, Man your lure is a strike machine. We need the wives to meet!!
One day we'll have to make it happen. It was good to have you aboard, made for some great company, and I had a blast exploring the lake with you. We'll definately have to get the families together again if we can this summer.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM

AHHHH see I am not the only one with a pink fishing rod.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:29 PM

Well it looks like you all had a great time ( I seen some of the other pics on crackbook...lol ), another successful AO gathering

Seems a little different for me just reading about the gathering this time and I can't wait to hear ( in person ) some of the "un-postable" stories of the happenings ( there's always a good one or two of them ) from this gathering.

Quote:
AHHHH see I am not the only one with a pink fishing rod.
Unfortunately you are not getting off that easy buddy. That one looks like it was BORROWED from a kid, unlike your adult pink rod - nice try tho
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
W

Unfortunately you are not getting off that easy buddy. That one looks like it was BORROWED from a kid, unlike your adult pink rod - nice try tho
I dont know, Im pretty sure that little pink rod had "Daddy" written on it
best thing tho was he did catch his first pike this weekend. Maybe not on the Barbie rod, but I wasnt there so it might have been

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I dont know, Im pretty sure that little pink rod had "Daddy" written on it
best thing tho was he did catch his first pike this weekend. Maybe not on the Barbie rod, but I wasnt there so it might have been
ROFL Wayne its a pink barbie fishing rod just like my ransom
vid Thats good stuff

Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
ROFL Wayne its a pink barbie fishing rod just like my ransom
vid Thats good stuff
Im thinking at the next gathering, we should all bring a kids rod, and have a fishoff with them!!! Winner DOESNT get his picture posted with the rod! The rest shall live in infamy!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM

Dude it takes a real man to go out with the likes of you and Steve and use a Pink fishing rod. Steve let my good ugly stick go down the hole with a 80lb pike on the end of it. I may just use the pink one all season this winter

Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Dude it takes a real man to go out with the likes of you and Steve and use a Pink fishing rod. Steve let my good ugly stick go down the hole with a 80lb pike on the end of it. I may just use the pink one all season this winter
Put a water bottle full of Sherry or wine thru wayne and he is willing to play with anything