Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 AM

Default Where to get gun parts?

I am looking for a new ejector/extractor for my savage 111 and would like to know the best place to pick one up either locally or online.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 AM

Western gun parts Edmonton.numrich gun parts in the usa or maybe even someone online here has parts,gunsmith etc
Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 AM

Default Parts

In addition to those mentioned, Elwood Epps here in Ontario has gun parts, old or new, plus a gunsmith on site. As stated in the earlier post, put a wanted add here on AO and on CGN Equip Exch, good luck.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:54 AM

The Savage Canadian Warranty depot also has parts, I ordered mags, bottom metal etc. from them last year when I couldn't find them anywhere else. I have also ordered stuff direct from Savage in the States.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Shooting Xs

Just to be clear ,you have basically a bare bolt head?You need ejector ,spring ,cross pin ,also extractor ,spring and detent ball?
Or just the 2 parts mentioned?Or just one part?Cause they're 2 separate things.
Grech Outdoors is the Savage warranty shop in Ont.,if you can't find them any where else and you're not in a hurry, send them an email including make,model and caliber info.
Brownell's in the US usually has those parts available for shipping,price wise probably cheaper in Canada though with the exchange rate lately.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
Just to be clear ,you have basically a bare bolt head?You need ejector ,spring ,cross pin ,also extractor ,spring and detent ball?
Or just the 2 parts mentioned?Or just one part?Cause they're 2 separate things.
Grech Outdoors is the Savage warranty shop in Ont.,if you can't find them any where else and you're not in a hurry, send them an email including make,model and caliber info.
Brownell's in the US usually has those parts available for shipping,price wise probably cheaper in Canada though with the exchange rate lately.
The problem is that the extractor is not grabbing the spent case about 50 percent of the time and when it does it either does not throw it clear of the rifle or just barely clear when it does. Just looking to replace both parts at once. I will be replacing all both springs and the detent as well while I have is all apart.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:34 AM

I had a very similar problem with a savage a few years ago and called Savage customer service in the USA. Rifle had no warranty and they sent me the parts for free. Not sure if they were sent from Savage in the USA or from some entity here in Canada. Call Savage Customer Service, thats what they are there for.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgowan88 View Post
The problem is that the extractor is not grabbing the spent case about 50 percent of the time and when it does it either does not throw it clear of the rifle or just barely clear when it does. Just looking to replace both parts at once. I will be replacing all both springs and the detent as well while I have is all apart.
Mine did the same, pull it apart, clean everything up and reassemble, good to go. Do not use lube on it.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-13-2019, 10:49 AM

I have a 223 that was not ejecting properly. I ordered the ss-2401 kit from Kinneys shooting supply in the states and it throws the casings out good now.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Shooting Xs

Have you dissasembled ,cleaned and visually inspected the parts? Stick the bolt end into a zip-lock bag to catch the flying parts,remove extractor and check for wear on the sharp lip.The ejector spring can gum up with dirt ,etc. and not allow enough movement to eject,I've seen this a couple times.
Also give the receiver lug area a good clean ,where the bolt head sits when closed.