Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM

Default Coming up Weekend Fishing

Weekend is coming FAST !!!!!!!!!,
Just wondering where is everybody going this weekend,
I think I will be heading to Lake Isle for some perchies

Cheers and best of fishing !
Old 06-27-2008, 10:38 AM

I'm going to hike with my float tube up to Sparrow's Egg Lake in K-Country on Tuesday when it opens looking for some cutties.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Im going to Hook up with Sucram and Redneck Possie and whoever else shows up to Pigeon Saturday . Gonna go make use of some of them Walleye tags I have.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Fishin'

Morph,
Which lake Isle are you headed to? West of Edmonton or N. of Athabasca?
I live at the one west and haven't been able to find the perch yet. Found lots of 18-20" wallys though.
They are hungry, hammerin anything you throw at em!
Quite a few hammer handles too, but the 3 year old likes catching them cause they FLOP A LOT!
Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm working all weekend so might be able to get out for an evening or two, we'll see.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Default Lake Isle

Hey Morph....I too am heading to Lake Isle...girlfriend has a cabin there.....maybe run into you....have a great weekend...
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Shrubs

Heading to South Buck tomorrow morning. Haven't been on a wally/pike lake since winter so I'm flippin pumped. Haven't had the boat out either, hopefully she don't leak

Good luck everybody
Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
heading to south buck tomorrow morning. Haven't been on a wally/pike lake since winter so i'm flippin pumped. Haven't had the boat out either, hopefully she don't leak

good luck everybody
bucklake is happening for wallys right now big time . Not sure where you going to launch from but if your launching from the prov park , go directly across from the prov park there and directly across where theres a new house being built and about 100 - 150 yards towards the middle of the lake a wally every cast , got 2nd place in a walleye tournament there 2 weekends ago biggest was a 76 cm walleye , and i released it .
Old 06-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
bucklake is happening for wallys right now big time . Not sure where you going to launch from but if your launching from the prov park , go directly across from the prov park there and directly across where theres a new house being built and about 100 - 150 yards towards the middle of the lake a wally every cast , got 2nd place in a walleye tournament there 2 weekends ago biggest was a 76 cm walleye , and i released it .
Is that Prop Point you Talking about BBJ? we were there last weekend same thing The water is still clear so we could see right to the bottom in 7 or 8 feet of water we must of seen 8 or 9 hunderd fish the one day they were just everywhere. Thats about the biggest walleye ive heard of being caught out of buck lake i usualy go in that derby an 3 or 4 pounds is usualy all it takes to win.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordoats26 View Post
Is that Prop Point you Talking about BBJ? we were there last weekend same thing The water is still clear so we could see right to the bottom in 7 or 8 feet of water we must of seen 8 or 9 hunderd fish the one day they were just everywhere. Thats about the biggest walleye ive heard of being caught out of buck lake i usualy go in that derby an 3 or 4 pounds is usualy all it takes to win.
thats the one .
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM

Going to Pigeon but a different part of the lake at a friends cabin...going to try a new spot! We ll try to swing by the provincial area to see if we can find you guys too..
Old 06-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co View Post
Going to Pigeon but a different part of the lake at a friends cabin...going to try a new spot! We ll try to swing by the provincial area to see if we can find you guys too..
Sounds good , Im not taking the boat just gonna park my arse on shore , Ill wait for august to come before I float my boat in Pigeon , leaves me more area to not get swamped in . Look for a fat bald guy probably wearing camo , sittin on a park bench casting out, hammerin the shallow water wallys.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:03 PM

Sat or Mon. gonna hit Star or Muir and Tue. gonna go try Wabby for some pike on the fly
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 PM

yup, jump in the boat with us!!! Well yell at you if we see ya! - Jeff
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Mountain rapids for me, and maybe Poplar Creek.
Cat
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
Morph,
Which lake Isle are you headed to? West of Edmonton or N. of Athabasca?
I live at the one west and haven't been able to find the perch yet. Found lots of 18-20" wallys though.
They are hungry, hammerin anything you throw at em!
Quite a few hammer handles too, but the 3 year old likes catching them cause they FLOP A LOT!
Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm working all weekend so might be able to get out for an evening or two, we'll see.

Yes that's the one, will be launching my 11 foot inflatable ship at kokomoko park if you see a white inflatable give us a shout,
glad to hear the wallies are biting we will have some fun there.

Cheers and happy fishing all
Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co View Post
yup, jump in the boat with us!!! Well yell at you if we see ya! - Jeff
Yeah that could be alright . Ill be there , Seems to me the fish we catch from shore are bigger then the ones they catch in boats anyway . Last year I caught a few 8 pounders from shore . Id have to find the pictures but yeah they are there .
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah that could be alright . Ill be there , Seems to me the fish we catch from shore are bigger then the ones they catch in boats anyway . Last year I caught a few 8 pounders from shore . Id have to find the pictures but yeah they are there .
Eight Pounders !

Wow, I've only fished there a few times but personally I've never caught anything bigger than about 4lbs. My little guy caught a nice one (just under 6lbs) trolling off the swimming beach in about 12 feet of water but that fish seemed HUGE compared to the 'normal ones' from the popular holes....

Nice to hear there are some bigger fish in there !

(come to think of it.., we still haven't caught a pike in there either...)
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Shrubs

Quote:
Thanks for the tip BBJ ! definately gonna have to check that out. Last year we got quite a few out of calhoun bay but nothing close to 76cm.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppychicken@shaw.ca View Post
Eight Pounders !

Wow, I've only fished there a few times but personally I've never caught anything bigger than about 4lbs. My little guy caught a nice one (just under 6lbs) trolling off the swimming beach in about 12 feet of water but that fish seemed HUGE compared to the 'normal ones' from the popular holes....

Nice to hear there are some bigger fish in there !

(come to think of it.., we still haven't caught a pike in there either...)
Well theres tons of pike in there , And if you catch perch stay there cus the walleye arent to far away . When we were there we saw lots of big Pike swiming around probably deasent sized 30 inchers , and they were right shallow . I look forward to hearing how the trip goes . Keep in mind to use you Rapala X rap perch pattern , or the Rapala jointed shad rap in a walleye pattern or perch and thats what we were catching most of our fish on not to mention a few other tools .
Old 06-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Im off here too gotta go load the truck then off for some fish hope to be there for 730. see you guys in a few hours, tight lines to all.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:32 PM

Default lol

Happy perch do you ever quit, what is it with you ?? , do you have anything to back up your statement ?
Some guys just having enough of your rant
Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 PM

Default sparrows egg

Hiking into sparrows egg early Tuesday heard its supposed to rain though.I was there last year for opening day, caught some cuts and a couple of nice rainbows.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:38 PM

i hit Muir this morning at 7am fished until about 1:30.Caught about 5-6 stockers along with a 2-18" and 1-21" plus i had 2 other nice ones on.The one shot outta the water twice then took my fly,it looked like a fat 18-20".

Next is Wabby on Tue. can't wait for some pike on the fly.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Anyone frequenting an online fishing discussion board and not expecting to come across a fish story or two is setting themselves up for an awful lot of disappointment.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletree View Post
Anyone frequenting an online fishing discussion board and not expecting to come across a fish story or two is setting themselves up for an awful lot of disappointment.
Hi All,

I've been watching your boards here for a couple of months trying to get all the info I can to actually learn how to "catch" fish as opposed to just "fishing"...and I'm sure that this year I really will catch them! So far I'm finding this site to be pretty useful as far as everyone trying to help others and that's cool! Hopefully, if I EVER actually catch a fish, I may be able to help others in the future...ummm...I guess I'll need to catch more than just one fish to be able impart any "fishing wisdom" eh?

Anyways, one reason that I decided to drink the Koolaid and join this forum is this on-going feud/battle between BigBadJohn & Happy Perch Fisher. I'm not sure exactly what happened between you two and it sure can make for interesting reading. But really, maybe you guys should just let it go...and to be quite honest, it does nothing to further this forum or the members/public who read it. I think that you two are probably quite knowledgeable in your own rights and quite capable fishermen and I'm sure that I could learn a boat'load from the both of you but this constant bickering does not look good on either of you.

Just my 2¢...hope I didn't **** anybody off!

At any rate, thanks to all of you for sharing your tips and what not and someday I hope to say "Look! I caught a fish! Woohooo!"

Cheers all
Old 07-09-2008, 06:25 PM

From what I've seen, it's pretty one-sided (and I've never met either man). Happy, let it go, man. BBJ seems to have a real passion for fishing, and I'm guessing that, like many of us that share that passion, his fish tend to grow a few inches in the moments after they go back in the water. Hey, if you go by the stories you hear, there are more 20 pound pike in our lakes than hammer handles! Not worth following some guy around a message board and calling him out for; BBJ seems to be a very helpful, friendly guy who would probably give you (well, most guys anyway ) the shirt off his back. Just let it go. Time to hit the water, guys- have a great weekend.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Anyone heading anywhere this weekend? Was thinking I would hit morinville on sat as I have to go out to legal anyway. Unless there is another nice spot out that way. Was hoping to hook into some scrappy perch. If that's not hitting, 2nd choice will be the NSR at whitemud park as usual on saturday. Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome to join!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 PM

I think ill head out to CXardiff , talked with redneck posse yesterday and we talked about hitting it up I leave monday for manitoba
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 PM

Yeah, Jefferson I certainly have to agree with you, it sure seems as if Happy Perch Fisher goes out of his way to antagonize BBJ. To be quite honest, I think that I'd probably enjoy a day of fishing WAYYYY more with BBJ than HPF. Too bad your way up Edmonton way BBJ, I'm in Calgary but anytime you're down here, I'd sure like to go fishing with you...just let me know. After reading a lot of your posts I'm pretty sure that I might just learn a thing or two from you...like how to catch a fish.

Cheers
Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 PM

I plan on coming down mid to late august to fish with Sucram im sure the more people who wanna come along would be great.