Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Sounds great, I'm sure that it would be a great time with a whole bunch of us, looking forward to it...I'll keep an eye on the boards here.

In the mean time, if there is anyone here in Calgary who wouldn't mind taking a greenhorn under their wing once or twice sometime this summer, I'd be up to going with you as well to learn a thing or two. I have to warn you all though that I am totally new to fishing...I have a rod/reel/tackle but not a fish under my belt yet after two years of trying. Any takers...let me know.

Thanks and cheers
Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
From what I've seen, it's pretty one-sided (and I've never met either man). Happy, let it go, man. BBJ seems to have a real passion for fishing, and I'm guessing that, like many of us that share that passion, his fish tend to grow a few inches in the moments after they go back in the water. Hey, if you go by the stories you hear, there are more 20 pound pike in our lakes than hammer handles! Not worth following some guy around a message board and calling him out for; BBJ seems to be a very helpful, friendly guy who would probably give you (well, most guys anyway ) the shirt off his back. Just let it go. Time to hit the water, guys- have a great weekend.
Well I have met BBJ a few times and he is one of the nicest guys I know and has given me a ton of info on how to catch fish and I can say that he is a very experienced fisherman and he is an asset to any fishing forum.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I plan on coming down mid to late august to fish with Sucram im sure the more people who wanna come along would be great.
Yup can't wait for that man. I think I am going to end up renting a boat for our excursion. Do you have a tow package on your truck?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_calgary66 View Post
Yeah, Jefferson I certainly have to agree with you, it sure seems as if Happy Perch Fisher goes out of his way to antagonize BBJ. To be quite honest, I think that I'd probably enjoy a day of fishing WAYYYY more with BBJ than HPF. Too bad your way up Edmonton way BBJ, I'm in Calgary but anytime you're down here, I'd sure like to go fishing with you...just let me know. After reading a lot of your posts I'm pretty sure that I might just learn a thing or two from you...like how to catch a fish.

Cheers
Well simon I am in Calgary and usually catch fish on most of my outings. BBJ will vouch that I am a good guy. If you ever want to wet a line shoot me a pm.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCraM View Post
Yup can't wait for that man. I think I am going to end up renting a boat for our excursion. Do you have a tow package on your truck?
what would a truck be without a hitch.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCraM View Post
Well simon I am in Calgary and usually catch fish on most of my outings. BBJ will vouch that I am a good guy. If you ever want to wet a line shoot me a pm.
Yeah Id say your a great guy you and Niki awesome people. Full of good storys and great company. Except you gotta becareful not to out fish him as he gets mad and will throw you in the water.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Yeah Id say your a great guy you and Niki awesome people. Full of good storys and great company. Except you gotta becareful not to out fish him as he gets mad and will throw you in the water.
LOL ya it gets irratating when the guy and girl beside you are out fishing you but still beats the best day at work. Well I have to say that you are my new best fishing buddy BBJ. I just wish that you lived closer to cow town man. Oh well I guess I will have to do without you until August.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 AM

I'd love to take you up on the offer SuCraM...oh and don't worry about me over fishing you, the only way that'll happen is if I run off to Safeway and buy a bunch of those trout they are selling...LOL!

I'll PM you the next time that I can get out.

Cheers
Old 07-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_calgary66 View Post
I'd love to take you up on the offer SuCraM...oh and don't worry about me over fishing you, the only way that'll happen is if I run off to Safeway and buy a bunch of those trout they are selling...LOL!

I'll PM you the next time that I can get out.

Cheers
Cool sounds good should be a fun day.I await your pm.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM

Where's everyone headed this weekend , Myself I'm off to BC for 10 days. Treeguy and Sucram Phone my phone as I wont have Internet. My number is Ill just uh pm it to you , Look forward to getting together with you guys when Im in Kananaskis .
Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Shrubs

I plan on stickin around home, maybe try out Fiesta lake and make a trip down to the clearwater. Good luck this weekend everybody
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM

putting up some treestands this weekend. Fishing is next weekend... probably the brown trout streams near around Rocky Mountain Hosue