Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-06-2007, 06:07 PM
lethalconnection

Default Another Windless Day at Chain!!!

Decided to run down to chain to get some trout for the pan and i couldnt believe it. I was lucky enough to be blessed with no wind and couldnt have been better cause i brought my fly rod along. I must say using flies works just as good as bait except mid-day. I found the fly fishing died off around 12 but before that every cast i would have a hit, but when the fly fishing died off i just switched over to bait and continued to hook'em.But sure enough around 2:30-3 the clouds would cover the sun up for a second and that wind was pretty bad but once that sun came back out the winds disappeared.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Baitfisher83

Default cool

Well i'm gonna head out there tomorrow sometime, hopefully as early as possible, depends on when my sleepy father gets his butt out of bed..lol i hope there's no wind for us too, gonna take our most productive bait and try to nail a few trout.....how big were those fish???look a fair size bigger than the ones we caught last week, i'm hoping something bigger will be biting tomorrow..lol
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
lethalconnection

Default Re: cool

Well i was gettin lots on the fly rod so i was being picky and only kept fish over 8" lol on average they were from 8-12".
Old 05-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Baitfisher83

Default haha

So you were holding those fish really close to the camera i take it???lol
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 AM
lethalconnection

Default Re: haha

Well i was holding the fish too so yah the camera was a lil close to them,
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Baitfisher83

LOL well i got this camera/binocular combo from a banquet on saturday and I thought i would give it a shot when i headed to chain. It's a pain in the butt trying to take pics with this thing, you gotta either hang the fish somewhere, or put them on the ground, and back off 10-20ft so they focus properly and all fit in the picture....This is a pic of the 9 me and my dad took out<not the biggest but still a fair catch, and they look bigger than they probably are...lol> Got a brookie and couple browns in there I wasn't expecting..

And a couple mountain shots on the way home for the hell of it..

Old 05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
lethalconnection

Where abouts were you fishing cause i know if you go where the willow creek runs in you will catch quite a few browns and brookies as well as a fair number of rainbows of course.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
ULTRAlite

You definately have to appreciate those days...

Good pics - were you dragging a wooly bugger? - Had pretty good success on that last time down...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
lethalconnection

Nope i was fishing right off shore and i had a red san juan on and a red wooly worm. The san juan was just off bottom and the wooly worm was about a foot from the san juan, and i had equal action off of both.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Baitfisher83

I was fishing down by the store thats never open, not by the parking lot but that little circle down the road from it..