Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-22-2019, 09:53 AM

Default Warrior Boats Announces New Model V198

There must be a few other Warrior guys here.

They took the 208 top cap design with some really nice changes and dropped it onto the 193 hull.

The new interior is pretty much the perfect layout in my opinion. Combined with the Warrior ride and build quality, this boat should be awesome. Probably quite a bit less $$$ than the 208 too.

I attached the walk through video and a few pics that were on Facebook, I’m sure there’s lots more out there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15yn9mt4rhA&feature=share
Old 03-22-2019, 11:59 AM

Had a Warrior then got into a Ranger, that's a real boat. Much better quality, fit, finish and resale is well worth the original cost. Ranger is an incredible unit to run in the roughest of conditions and fish from..

Wouldn't take another Warrior if it was given to me!! Just an owners opinion..
Old 03-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Had a Warrior then got into a Ranger, that's a real boat. Much better quality, fit, finish and resale is well worth the original cost. Ranger is an incredible unit to run in the roughest of conditions and fish from..

Wouldn't take another Warrior if it was given to me!! Just an owners opinion..
Haha. Well, my opinion would be pretty different, but you know what they say about opinions.

If anyone is looking for a premium glass fishing boat and wants to form their own informed opinion and check out a Warrior for themselves or go for a ride - any time, any conditions - send me a PM and I’d be happy to take you out in mine. No point arguing on the internet, I’ll let the boat do the talking.

Last edited by Walleyedude; 03-22-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
Haha. Well, my opinion would be pretty different, but you know what they say about opinions.

If anyone is looking for a premium glass fishing boat and wants to form their own informed opinion and check out a Warrior for themselves or go for a ride - any time, any conditions - send me a PM and I’d be happy to take you out in mine. No point arguing on the internet, I’ll let the boat do the talking.
Got to agree. First Warrior I ever rode in was in 1990. Fished the U.S. Walleye trail as well as the Canadian tournaments for a number of years. Lots off real rough water on the big reservoirs and Great Lakes. Saw lots of broken, sunk boats both glass and Aluminum, never saw a broken Warrior Hull or a sunk one. To be completely transparent I was the one that broke two of those glass boats, one Astro and one Starcraft, The Astro only a little broken, the Starcraft the whole bottom hull and interior blew out from hitting a big wave. To their credit Starcraft replaced the boat. There were no boats that could keep up running hard in 4 to 6 footers and stay in one piece. Warrior was the only boat I have ever run that never wanted to put the nose down first if you came off the top of a wave, the Astro tried to do that EVERY time.

I do like the fit and finish on the older Rangers but as far as a boat that will take you anywhere any time, I will stick with a Warrior. They also last forever, I am still running a V188 that was made in 1995 and it is still perfect after a ton of time on big water.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-23-2019 at 01:24 PM.