Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-25-2011, 03:48 PM

Default Stupidest Fishing Bloopers

Hi, I thought I would just post some of my stupidest mistakes while fishing. If any one else would like to share their experiences, please feel free to.

1. My first mistake is something I like to call "lineless hook". I remember being out at Eden lake years back ice fishing. I was getting my fishing lure all nice and baited. Once I got my lure all nice and baited, without second thought, I drop it down the hole. I automatically reach to grab the "imaginary line", I start panicking and think where's the line! To my horror, I realize I just plucked my nicely baited fishing lure down the hole without remembering to tie it.

2. My other notable blooper was about 5 years ago at Lac Du Bonnet Manitoba. I remember I was walleye fishing and anyways, I was casting with a whole bunch of other rods in the boat. On one my cast's I here this big scabloop. Not much later, I look around for one of my favorite $100.00+ walleye rod and reel combos. I search around looking for the setup but can't find it. . Surely enough it comes to me. I realized I just hooked that nice walleye rod and reel combo and casted it out into the lake. .

When I think back about these bloopers, I find them very amusing now.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:37 PM

I did # 1 last week, broke the line and lost a hook, broke a piece of the line off so I would have nice fresh line, tied on new hook, last of it's kind on the planet, of course, and dropped it along with the 2' of line that I had stripped off the old one.

Other was not me, but I was involved, fishing at one of the close lakes in my boat with Old Man, all of a sudden hear this 'whiiiiiiiiip ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing' "THWAK" and noticed blood running down my face. He nailed me hard with a fly right above and ahead of my ear by about 1/32nd of an inch. Amazing how hard those little hooks nail you. Sure glad I was wearing glasses.

Same guy last week dropped his glasses down the hole, while he was having his panic attack looking for a tree or magnet, I fished them out with a treble hook in about 12' of water. Real lucky there.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM

I don't have much to share except I usually drop some kind of hook in the water...

But makes me think of Bill Dance. FUNNY STUFF! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_BLggf-mqs
Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Ice fishing with my dad and chipping the ice from the hole and dropping his bar down the hole.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
I don't have much to share except I usually drop some kind of hook in the water...

But makes me think of Bill Dance. FUNNY STUFF! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_BLggf-mqs
I've seen Bill Dance's videos and they're downright hillarios. Especially the one where his electric motor unmounts from the boat. I remember I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my face.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Oh man I have tears in my eyes , thats some funny sh&t
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Default fishing bloopers

about 15 yrs ago in manitoba we were ice fishing when we heard a big helabalu. the guy yelling just came out of his shack followed by a wet black lab. about 50ft farther over another guy was yelling at his dog. i guess what happened was the second guy was pulling in a fish and when it got to the hole the line broke and took off , the dog went after the fish down the hole and came up in the first guys shack , scared the sh-t out of him when that dog came up.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post

The camera man falling in the lake was great! Reminds me of when I lived in BC, my one buddy used to fall on the river all the time! It was hilarious! We went out coho fiddling one afternoon. I brought spare clothes and he ended up using them after falling in the vedder river! Then about an hour or two later, he managed to fall in again! Off of the exact same rock! He was always good for a few laughs! I miss the fishing in BC something fierce! I don't even fish out here in Alberta anymore! I'm way more into hunting now!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

Two gooders in one day! Fly-in fishing at Andrew lake!

1. Caught a medium pike, i kept the pike in the water and was using jaw spreaders. Pulled the hook out with pliers and let him go...WITH THE SPREADERS IN HIS MOUTH!! they soon fell out and we lost our only pair of spreaders!.

2. Caught a big 20 pound pike, brought her in the boat for pictures. Pulled the hook out with pliers..then proceeded to throw the pliers over the boat into the water!

I have also done the bait and toss the hook down the ice fishing hole a few times....
Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM

1. My fishing partner and I pulled up to the James River and parked. I eagerly hopped out of the passenger side of the truck, put my fly rod together, put on my waders and grabbed a couple of beers. My fishing partner wasn't moving very quickly that morning, he was still trying to get out of the truck. He realized that he'd parked with a huge puddle on his side of the truck so he fired it up backed up and moved to another spot.... both duallies rolling over my rod and reel that had been leaning against the tail gate.

2. Hooked a robin over the Bow river by the golf course in Banff. I released the little guy, but he was not impressed.